British Speedway Forum
HadrianDog

Christian Henry Testimonial 17.04.16

Hopefully I have not missed a thread buried somewhere else. Strangely silent on here re. the testy for who was a regular and well liked servant of Newcastle speedway. Any further news on this Sundays meeting from the Diamonds faithful would be welcome just to keep the event in the light of day?

Not on facebook and have no intention of every going on it. (but that's just me!!!)

I believe it is a 4 team event with (Newcastle, Edinburgh, Kings Lynn and Glasgow represented). Havelock, Screen and Loram as team managers plus another I guess, Christian or George??? (might be wrong on this!!!) - is Christian even riding in his own testimonial????

Admission if £16 but not sure if this is a flat rate for all, more info would be helpful i.e. are kids free or cheaper, concessions etc.

Riders are I believe:

Robbie Kessler

Peter Carr

Anton Rosen

Brent Werner

Stuart Robson

Daniel Nermark

Joe Screen

Mark Lemon

Ross Brady

Steve Worrall

Derek Sneddon

Rene Bach

Kevin Little

Jonas Jensen

Andre Compton

Robert Eriksson

Richard Juul

Ludvig Lindgen

James Grieves

Lewis Kerr

Ricky Wells

Bradley Wilson Dean

Erik Riss

Kevin Wolbert

Lee Payne

George Stancl

Will Lawson

Paul Starke

Jonny Swales

Please feel free to correct me if I am incorrect on any of the above.

Edited by diamond@heart

Not on facebook and have no intention of every going on it. (but that's just me!!!)

I believe it is a 4 team event with (Newcastle, Edinburgh, Kings Lynn and Glasgow represented). Havelock, Screen and Loram as team managers plus another I guess, Christian or George??? (might be wrong on this!!!) - is Christian even riding in his own testimonial????

Admission if £16 but not sure if this is a flat rate for all, more info would be helpful i.e. are kids free or cheaper, concessions etc.

Riders are I believe:

Robbie Kessler

Peter Carr

Anton Rosen

Brent Werner

Stuart Robson

Daniel Nermark

Joe Screen

Mark Lemon

Ross Brady

Steve Worrall

Derek Sneddon

Rene Bach

Kevin Little

Jonas Jensen

Andre Compton

Robert Eriksson

Richard Juul

Ludvig Lindgen

James Grieves

Lewis Kerr

Ricky Wells

Bradley Wilson Dean

Erik Riss

Kevin Wolbert

Lee Payne

George Stancl

Will Lawson

Paul Starke

Jonny Swales

Add to that list

Gary Havelock (Prob a manager)

Jason Garrity

Jason King

Andrew Tully

Scott Robson.

As for the admission prices, the prices are as for a PL match.

Season Tickets are NOT valid and the Online and card payment facilities are also NOT available, as it's not an official Diamonds fixture.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Steve Park

Add to that list

Gary Havelock (Prob a manager)

Jason Garrity

Jason King

Andrew Tully

Scott Robson.

As for the admission prices, the prices are as for a PL match.

Season Tickets are NOT valid and the Online and card payment facilities are also NOT available, as it's not an official Diamonds fixture.

Hope this helps.

Forgot about Garrity.

Also I believe turnstiles open at 1:30pm and first race is 3:00pm.

Prizes

Raffle

Christian Henry's wife as a grid girl I believe :P:D:P

Rob Grant's Hog roast!!!.

I hope he gets the weather for it, it's been pretty crap leading up to the meeting but I think the sun is supposed to come out on Sunday, would be nice as I'm sick of freezing my unmentionables off on the terraces!! :o:o

What are the usual admission prices at Brough, I don't pay as I usually get in through a hole in the fence!!! :P

Edited by diamond@heart

Forgot about Garrity.

Also I believe turnstiles open at 1:30pm and first race is 3:00pm.

Prizes

Raffle

Christian Henry's wife as a grid girl I believe :P:D:P

Rob Grant's Hog roast!!!.

I hope he gets the weather for it, it's been pretty crap leading up to the meeting but I think the sun is supposed to come out on Sunday, would be nice as I'm sick of freezing my unmentionables off on the terraces!! :o:o

What are the usual admission prices at Brough, I don't pay as I usually get in through a hole in the fence!!! :P

http://www.newcastlediamonds.co/club-info.asp

Riders are I believe:

Robbie Kessler

Peter Carr

Anton Rosen

Brent Werner

Stuart Robson

Daniel Nermark

Joe Screen

Mark Lemon

Ross Brady

Steve Worrall

Derek Sneddon

Rene Bach

Kevin Little

Jonas Jensen

Andre Compton

Robert Eriksson

Richard Juul

Ludvig Lindgen

James Grieves

Lewis Kerr

Ricky Wells

Bradley Wilson Dean

Erik Riss

Kevin Wolbert

Lee Payne

George Stancl

Will Lawson

Paul Starke

Jonny Swales

Thanks for the info. Ditto to your fb comments too.

Edited by HadrianDog

Well, I have persuaded my boys to come from London and Leeds for the day to see this - it will be brilliant to see these guys on track again and I just hope Christian gets good weather and a bumper crowd.

• Like 2

We have a good few coming down from Edinburgh and I wish Christian a "day to remember for all the right reasons"

I well remember when he first arrived in Edinburgh in shorts and flip flops and had us all running to find him some warmer clothes........... great guy who has suffered some awful accidents which prevented him showing us consistently what a terrific rider he could be

Good luck lad :t:

• Like 2

I very much hope Christian enjoyed his afternoon as much as we did. It was good to be reminded of what a cracking rider he was, and we spent some time reminding ourselves of the season when he was our #1. It was also heartwarming tosser the legends again: they all have a place in Diamonds' supporters memories.

What we could not do however is name all the riders on the team photo in the photo gallery in the programme (the one with CH on the bike). In particular, who is in the no. 3 race jacket?

While there may have been a heartwarming tosser or two on the terraces his afternoon I'm blaming auto spell correction and needless to say I meant to say "heartwarming to see". Sorry!

• Like 1

I very much hope Christian enjoyed his afternoon as much as we did. It was good to be reminded of what a cracking rider he was, and we spent some time reminding ourselves of the season when he was our #1. It was also heartwarming tosser the legends again: they all have a place in Diamonds' supporters memories.

What we could not do however is name all the riders on the team photo in the photo gallery in the programme (the one with CH on the bike). In particular, who is in the no. 3 race jacket?

While there may have been a heartwarming tosser or two on the terraces his afternoon I'm blaming auto spell correction and needless to say I meant to say "heartwarming to see". Sorry!

Team Photo: Sean Stoddart, Jonas Raun, Ashley Johnson, Christian Henry, Ross Brady, Carl Wilkinson and Josef 'Pepe' Franc. (2007).

Edited by Steve Park
  • Like 1

Brilliant. It's probably best not to ask why your auto-correct chose 'tosser' to replace 'to see'.

Hope Christian had a super day. Cracking little Aussie battler.

• Like 1

was this meeting filmed by anyone?

Yes. Tapes Up will record every meeting at Brough this season, after the sad loss of Bob Tasker (GRT Media).

• Like 1