British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
crazysue

Swindon V Wolves 14th April

Injury to Jarek Hampel?

Correct, but how on earth is Lindgren first in line when he's so bad? :)

• Like 1

Or maybe they are not EL standard at the moment, are not in good form

Or maybe best to judge performances in context given the home meeting before the Wolves match one was paid for 14 from 5 and the other paid 10 from 4?

Edited by sparkafag

Correct, but how on earth is Lindgren first in line when he's so bad? :)

FIM/BSI pick as 1st Reserve after finishing 4th on 10 points in the SGP Challenge behind the three automatic qualifiers?

Or maybe best to judge performances in context given the home meeting before the Wolves match one was paid for 14 from 5 and the other paid 10 from 4?

Exactly. Against different opposition on a different day on a track prepared differently. Coventry could easily be accused of fielding a PL side plus Harris that day (plus a disinterested Hans Andersen) too. Different opposition, different day. Form is temporary, Class - if you have any, is permanent as is said.

Edited by Multumesc

OK I got the projection wrong. I did not expect two things, a rutted track and the Swindon riders carrying on from the night before and not getting out of the gate, and yes some of the riders were rubbish . After the track was bladed there was a bit more overtaking, but in no way less than Leicester.

O.k fair point.

I think that had a big effect on both Nick and Troy Bachelor. It's easy for people to forget that they are human beings sometimes.

When Darcy came in the whole Swindon team seemded to go on a massive high, and that was suddenly pulled away in a cruel fashion. And Troy and Nick, of course, are also Australian and friends of his too.

Some people obviously get affected more than others by things like that.

It will be interesting to see how Nick goes in Poland & without the luxury of the conference boosting rides in the Premier League.

There has been lots of pressure put on Nick at Swindon & he does look to be lacking in speed this season so far.

Congratulations to Wolves on their victory at the Abbey Stadium last night, they adapted to the track better than the home team and deserved their win with a solid team performance.

As for the Robins, personally, I feel the new riders just need some time to bed in and should be given tge chance to do so. Josh is a good rider and has performed very well at Blunsdon in the past and I'm sure his form will pick up soon.

As we know Rohan came in as late replacement for Dak North and needs to be given the chance to dial into his new tack, similarly the same applies with Justin. I was at Leicester on Wednesday and both these two put in decent performances in their roles as middle order riders.

Personally, seeing riders develop and improve is really satisfying and I hope both these two go on to do so while they remain at Swindon but they do need to be given time. I know we've got off to a poor start but its still early days yet. I'm sure Rosco can be trusted to make a change if and when required - let's remember he's never failed to get us into the play offs since he came back to manage the team in 2012.

Hopefully as we go further into the year and the weather improves and the track becomes more consistent the team will kick on.

• Like 2

Really enjoyed last night Wolves look to me to have a very solid 1/6 Bech still needs to improve though for me .Thorssell a slow improver and Masters look really useful,and i can see Wolves being in the mix come the end of the season.Swindon well this side is not good anough,it could improve but apart from Charlie/Josh/Doyley last night was a bad night for the Budgies.

My mate thought the tractor racing between the heats was terrific.

It's a shame it wasn't streamed on Periscope, especially for Eastbourne supporters,

I think the tractors done more laps than all the riders put together

Make the track better did they?

Well that didn't last long ! The official site says the first set of rolling averages are out, so Freddie returns to the no 1 slot. Klymakorpi to 5 and Bech to 4. Sort of looks better balanced.