British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Reviresco

World Under 21 Championship 2016 - "live On Eurosport From Final Series 2"

I couldn't see a Thread open for this year's championship and thought I would start this seeing as GB's representatives have been announced now.

Calendar:

3 x Semi-Finals:

Friday 20 May - Semi-Final 1: Pardubice, Czech Republic

Saturday 21 May - Semi-Final 2: Pocking, Germany and Semi-Final 3: Belle Vue, Manchester

3 x Final Series Rounds:

Saturday 18 June - Final Series 1: King's Lynn, Norfolk

Friday 16 September - Final Series 2: Pardubice, Czech Republic

Sunday 02 October - Final Series 3: Gdansk, Poland

GB Semi-Final Representatives:

Friday 20 May - Pardubice, Czech Republic: Adam Ellis

Saturday 21 May - Pocking, Germany: Josh Bates

Saturday 21 May - Belle Vue, Manchester: Robert Lambert & Max Clegg (Meeting Reserves: Nathan Greaves & Jack Smith)

(Jack Parkinson-Blackburn is ineligible to compete due to his age (under 16 years old) and Zach Wajtknecht & James Shanes are committed already to international meetings on the semi-final weekend.)

Edited by macca56
  • Like 1

As far as I am aware, Nike Lunna is the only Finnish representative in the qualifiers and he will ride in the semi-final at Belle Vue.

Wish all the lads success,but to me it seems the title winner has been given the hardest task in Pocking.Thought the British champ would get the home meeting

When did Somerset lose holding the third Semi final? I was planning to go to that.

As far as I am aware, Nike Lunna is the only Finnish representative in the qualifiers and he will ride in the semi-final at Belle Vue.

Yes. Given that there's a track to race on.

Quali in Denmark today, where was Mads Hansen?

Quali in Denmark today, where was Mads Hansen?

Isn't he still doing 250cc? Down for the 250cc YGT this season and dwn for 250cc meet in Brokstedt on 1.05 and done a 250cc meet a week or so ago here

Isn't he still doing 250cc? Down for the 250cc YGT this season and dwn for 250cc meet in Brokstedt on 1.05 and done a 250cc meet a week or so ago here

Slightly offtopic, but 19 250cc riders, that's cool! :)

I believe Hansen will still only do 250cc racing this year.

• Like 1

Thats the Torun longtrack you mean? Is it Motoarena or something else?

We had a slot for it as well, the date was given 6 weeks prior to the meet. Had to give it away.

Thats the Torun longtrack you mean? Is it Motoarena or something else?

We had a slot for it as well, the date was given 6 weeks prior to the meet. Had to give it away.

No I mean the Brokstedt event :) 14 Germans, 4 Danes and one from Norway.

The Longtrack 250cc meeting in Torun will be held in the motoarena, same as the 125 meeting. Looking forward to both events.

Speedway Star is reporting in this weeks issue that only four riders will qualify for the GPs from each qualifier, to be supplemented by three permanent wildcards and one local wildcard.

Just noticed his name on a German league meeting this year... Not that it matters, but he's apparently on 500cc as well.

Swedish nominations: http://www.svemo.se/sv/Grenar/Speedway/Nyheter/NomineringavforaretillJVMKvaliSpeedway2016/

Pardubice: Kenny Wennerstam & Joel Andersson.

Manchester: Christoffer Selvin, Alex Johansson & Joel Kling

Never in my time has Sweden had so poor lineup in U21 qualis. Johannes Stark is the next in line and I've seen him ride.