British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Reviresco

World Under 21 Championship 2016 - "live On Eurosport From Final Series 2"

There have been 25 pages of information about the meeting here by those who did watch it.

Good night

• Like 1

Glad to see Josh Bates have a decent meeting, had a couple of big crashes at Sheffield recently and is far from 100% so to end up with 12 points is a good effort.

• Like 3

Has it finished yet!?

Edited by mikebv

Having been there tonight I have to agree with Fricke.The track was very good with times early on in the 58 second bracket,very quick.These young riders wanted to be on their bit of the track whoever was in the way was unfortunately going to get hit.

I enjoyed it actually even though it did go on a long while.I was in good company so enjoyed my chats in between races(just over 9 mins average :D )

If only Lambert could gate he would be very hard to beat. :D Bates rode very well too.Ellis done ok if it wasn't for his fall and tapes exclusion he would have been in the semi i'm sure.So all in all a pretty satisfactory night for the Brits I think.

• Like 3

Why didn't they grade the track during the injury stoppage?

they weren't allowed, has to be after each block of 4 races or not fair

Exactly. At least those of us watching online can keep each other entertained, poor sods who paid £20 are bored stiff with nothing going on in the gaps.

Actually we were talking to each other, can't help crashes, have to be expected with Under 21s. One sport are the promoters ..... Edited by Trees
  • Like 1

For someone who was actually here, I can fully appreciate the issues of a long drawn out meeting. It would be difficult to apportion blame on a specific reason. Yes the track was very grippy, yes, the riders were riding above themselves, yes they wanted to perform in a world championship, but there can be no excuses for some of crashes that happened last night. Some were Kami-Karci manoeuvres

When sky are in town , they take control of the meeting, but last night the Polish Tele didn't appear to have that power.. They were there televising the event. So no blame can be put their way. The biggest culprit has to be the Referee. he never once showed any urgency or common sense. When he did press the 2min buzzer he got the biggest cheer of the night . Buster didn't help things along with his lengthy grade grades. The meeting needn't someone to push the proceedings along but sadly it didn't happen.

Robert Lambert, didn't win, but he, more than most, keep the poor crowd entertained. This meeting did the sport more harm than good.

Total Shambles.......

PS : 2 years back I criticised the Brandonapolis meeting for going on till 11pm, saying never again. But this was even worse....

• Like 2

These were the 3 people in charge of the meeting who in theory could have had some influence on speeding up the running of it

FIM Jury President: Jan STAECHMANN FMN: DMU
FIM Referee: Christian FROSCHAUER FMN: DMSB
FMNR Jury Member: Graham REEVE FMN: ACU

• Like 1

Well the morning after the night before and my verdict.

Some cracking racing which I thoroughly enjoyed. :approve:

Some very long unnecessary delays which I didn't. :cry:

Ref was shocking with his amnesia as to the whereabouts of the 2 min button. Couple of decisions I disagreed with too.

Whoever was in charge of running the meeting should never be allowed to do so again.

Well done Robert Lambert, not only a brilliant talent but unlike some of the others riding last night has got a good head on his shoulders and realises you don't have to do all the work on the 1st and 2nd bend the race lasts 4 laps.

they weren't allowed, has to be after each block of 4 races or not fair

Understood. I didn't know about that rule. I imagine it had the promotors pulling their hair out though after all the delays.

Well the morning after the night before and my verdict.

Some cracking racing which I thoroughly enjoyed. :approve:

Some very long unnecessary delays which I didn't. :cry:

Ref was shocking with his amnesia as to the whereabouts of the 2 min button. Couple of decisions I disagreed with too.

Whoever was in charge of running the meeting should never be allowed to do so again.

Well done Robert Lambert, not only a brilliant talent but unlike some of the others riding last night has got a good head on his shoulders and realises you don't have to do all the work on the 1st and 2nd bend the race lasts 4 laps.

Lambert is a real talent has a real racing brain that move and cut back on Riss was superb. Pieszczek is a very nice fast rider, reminds me style wise like Magic.

These were the 3 people in charge of the meeting who in theory could have had some influence on speeding up the running of it

FIM Jury President: Jan STAECHMANN FMN: DMUFIM Referee: Christian FROSCHAUER FMN: DMSBFMNR Jury Member: Graham REEVE FMN: ACU[/size][/size][/size]

I would say that from that bunch only Froschauer/ref has any influence on how the meeting moves on. Clerk of the course has the most influence and is usually "a local".