British Speedway Forum
a4poster

Belle Vue Grand Opening Refund?

The original unusual suspect chimes up again, lol!

Your recent contributions on this subject have been remarkably obtuse and like most of the loudest gobshytes you weren't even at the opening meeting and yet you've trotted out all sorts of claptrap as though you know what you are talking about.

Even now you can't understand that someone heard there was a problem, the problem was fixed and two riders tested it and were happy, the same problem occurred in a different place. It was repaired but the more important riders weren't happy on the night to everyone's astonishment in the stadium.

Nobody chanced anything.

I can guarantee that you wouldn't have held back in criticising the riders after watching the practice with hardly a wobble during the 60ish completed laps.

Harris would be almost godlike after he came out to defend DG and Mort and you would have described the rest as stropping off and not thinking about the fans and they should have tried a few heats, and that some of the best riders in the world should be able to cope with a little challenge. You would be saying how none of you friend thought the meeting was in doubt and you'd be comparing it to some of the tracks dished up at Cardiff as you bleat because the riders didn't give it a go.

Wouldn't you, again?

If the track was fine why has it been dug up and re-laid? Only to realise that they had messed up again so had another go. You'd think after two failed attempts they'd be right now on the 3rd yes? Amazingly no, it's taken a new 4th atempt this week.

If I took 4 attempts to do my jobs I'd be sacked, why? Because I would have wasted the time of an audience and the performers booked to perform. You could say that my job is to the TV industry what the track mans job is to the speedway World.

For a clever chap you do struggle with English comprehension now and again.

Nobody said the track was fine? It was compared to Warsaw, when you criticised the riders for not giving it a go.

3 times?! Jesus. Thats impressive. To make a mistake once is bad, twice is stupid. 3 times is unforgivable.

In your opinion, how many times should they be allowed to dig it up and relay to get it right before we can deem it a farce? this 4th time now? The 5th time next week? The 8th time in May?

Fact alert!

Belle Vue have taken extra staff on to sort the refunds and only the refunds.

Imagine you lived in a bungalow called Bell View and you had a plasterer called Colin sort out your ceiling in readiness for a big house warming you were planning.

Unfortunately due to the weather the ceiling falls in revealing a defect in the roof left there by ISG roofing.

Who do you have a go at?

A. Colin

B. The nice people living at Bell View

C. ISG Roofing

If the forum is consistent I know which on I'd put my money on.

Edited by ouch
  • Like 1

No refund yet. So I am updating this post for each day it continues.

| | | | | | | |

Eight nine days now.

Fact alert!

Belle Vue have taken extra staff on to sort the refunds and only the refunds.

Imagine you lived in a bungalow called Bell View and you had a plaster called Colin sort out your ceiling in readiness for a big house warming you were planning.

Unfortunately due to the weather the ceiling falls in revealing a defect in the roof left there by ISG roofing.

Who do you have a go at?

A. Colin

B. The nice people living at Bell View

C. ISG Roofing

If the forum is consistent I know which on I'd put my money on.

As the above is ambiguous and not clear it is difficult to answer.

What has a plaster called Colin got to do with it?

Who did the roof fall on?

If you mean a plasterer carried out the job and you were a visitor to the house you would sue the house owner as they are the prime owner. It would then be up to the house owner to sue whoever was responsible for the ceiling falling in.

Nobody got hurt when the ceiling fell in as the room was empty.

Edited by ouch

3 times?! Jesus. Thats impressive. To make a mistake once is bad, twice is stupid. 3 times is unforgivable.

In your opinion, how many times should they be allowed to dig it up and relay to get it right before we can deem it a farce? this 4th time now? The 5th time next week? The 8th time in May?

I just hope they havn't got the same contractors doing this who do our motorways !!! Or it will be, oh ang on, we will have to extend it a bit, we have to do something else ... Christmas is coming... :o

I said ages ago, the only way they will solve this is to completely pull the whole bend up and completely relay it from scratch.

Edited by Starman2006

Morrisey Fan

Nobody has been given a Stadium. The promotion has taken on a lease for the facility which amounts to something like I think over £50k a year.

Edited by Tsunami

The original unusual suspect chimes up again, lol!

Oh, the irony...

Your recent contributions on this subject have been remarkably obtuse and like most of the loudest gobshytes you've trotted out all sorts of claptrap as though you know what you are talking about.

Talking about yourself again, I see. Ever thought about a career in politics?

• Like 3

Make it ten days now!

Good god you have a cracking postal service if your post arrives before 01.13 am every day.

I'm guessing it will be 11 tomorrow being Sunday and all.

In all seriousness you should have it this week and if not I'd chase it up.

Edited by ouch

Surely with several thousand potential refunds they would have made sure they had extra staff to cover it ? For gods sake I had my own business for 20+ years, if I run it like them I wouldn't have lasted 6 months

They of course managed to have enough people to take the money in the first place

I have given up on the sport over recent years but this one really sums up everything that is so wrong

1. Failed to take any responsibility

2. Blamed contractors but I suspect had the meeting been a success would have gloried in the credit and not mentioned the contractors at that point

3. Failed to process refunds

4. Still want to blame everyone apart from themselves

Its a pitiful position to take and really is about time them took bleeding responsibility.

• Like 3

They of course managed to have enough people to take the money in the first place

I have given up on the sport over recent years but this one really sums up everything that is so wrong

1. Failed to take any responsibility

2. Blamed contractors but I suspect had the meeting been a success would have gloried in the credit and not mentioned the contractors at that point

3. Failed to process refunds

4. Still want to blame everyone apart from themselves

Its a pitiful position to take and really is about time them took bleeding responsibility.

1. Why take responsibly when its been made clear it wasn't their fault?

2. Pointless. I think they would have given all the credit to the contractors, but like you I'm guessing and making things up, so its pointless.

3. Factually incorrect.

4. They have only blamed the people at fault. Is that not the correct thing to do? They have not blamed the riders, fans, caterers, security etc so they have not blamed everyone at all and you are again incorrect.

• Like 3

I don't think you've thought that one through, much like the rest of your points.

When did the tickets go on sale and for how long?

• Like 3