Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
a4poster

Belle Vue Grand Opening Refund?

You sound like you've got ocd and a tidy dose of paranoia if you need to test equipment to the limits before you use it!!

Had there been a problem with the electrics, seating , food outlets, toilets, turnstiles, or emergency exits they would have been fixed and tested? Had all the lights gone out at 730pm there would have been a delay while a fix was attempted and if it couldn't be fixed the meeting would have been abandoned.

That wouldn't have meant that the lights weren't tested before the meeting though would it?

Sorry Fred, you've lost me there. Too many double negatives at this time of night for me. Will re-read in the morning.

(I was suggesting that, as seems to have been suggested, the track issue was'intermittent' - or climate dependent, then if a similar intermittent issue had been detected prior to the GOM with, say, the toilets (which you say you yourself tested during the evacuation test - a good time to test toilets, I guess...) it is possible that this would have led to a postponement prior to the GOM (on H&S reasons, I suppose and due to the 'inconvenience it would have caused,,,) or, if not and the intermittent issue arose again after the NSS gates' had been opened, then the speedway public who were in attendance that night may well have just put up with it and the GOM would have progressed to a conclusion (but with the audience crossing it's legs). My point was that it wasn't an intermittent fault with a peripheral part of staging a speedway meeting - it was an 'intermittent' issue with the track - the single most important part of being able to stage a speedway meeting - no track = no meeting.)

The turnstiles were tested prior to the GOM and there were problems on the night.

The loos on the back straight were not ready and porta loos needed to be used but the fans just got on with it.

The track was tested prior to the GOM and the Leicester meeting and on both occasions the track was deemed good to go. Due to the nature of the problem it wasn't easily detectable and in some conditions didn't present its self.

I cannot stress this enough as this is what people don't seem to understand.

I don't know why the SCB didn't pass the track first time but I'm assuming they highlighted some quick fix issues as it was passed the following day.

I'm done with this now. Bye.

Edited by ouch

You sound like you've got ocd and a tidy dose of paranoia if you need to test equipment to the limits before you use it!!

When it's going to cost 100's of 1000's of other peoples money I'd say it's only right and fair that I have a "dose of paranoia"

The turnstiles were tested prior to the GOM and there were problems on the night.

The loos on the back straight were not ready and porta loos needed to be used but the fans just got on with it.

The track was tested prior to the GOM and the Leicester meeting and on both occasions the track was deemed good to go. Due to the nature of the problem it wasn't easily detectable and in some conditions didn't present its self.

I don't know why the SCB didn't pass the track first time but I'm assuming they highlighted some quick fix issues as it was passed the following day.

I'm done with this now. Bye.

Thank goodness for that. I wondered how long that you are going to spout your nonsense for.

The buck stops with the BV management over the opening meeting. If the track wasn't ready, then it should have been called off on the Thursday, not leave it until 5000+ people are in the stadium. The contractors cannot call off a speedway meeting. The BV management can.

The slowness in sending refunds just compounds matters. It's been a huge PR disaster.

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam

As I predicted. Those with issues with Belle Vue and those incapable of objectivity or, of of understanding the evidence will never be persuaded.

There is no hope If you can't grasp that nobody knew of the problem with the base prior to the opening meeting. If you can't understand that it was believed the problems were with the track surface, which was worked on resulting in the successful practice on the Friday, and the SCB admitting that it looked as if of it would come good for the Saturday. If you cannot see that there was no visual evidence of a problem on the Saturday and that the change from a raceable track on Friday to the problems on Saturday was due solely to a combination of the defective base and the inclement weather. If you find it impossible to comprehend that nobody had any reason to even suspect that might happen because nobody knew about the base. If the evidence of the successful extensive practice prior to the Leicester match followed by the problems the following day does not tell you that was an identical situation to what happened at the opening meeting and proves that no amount of testing on the Friday would have made any difference because the problem wasn't there on the Friday, there had to be the combination of the defective base and the inclement weather for the problem literally to surface.

As we saw at the opening meeting it took only a few laps fit the problems to be seen and if they were there on the Friday they would have appeared when the track was tested on the Friday.

As I predicted. Those with issues with Belle Vue and those incapable of objectivity or, of of understanding the evidence will never be persuaded.

There is no hope If you can't grasp that nobody knew of the problem with the base prior to the opening meeting. If you can't understand that it was believed the problems were with the track surface, which was worked on resulting in the successful practice on the Friday, and the SCB admitting that it looked as if of it would come good for the Saturday. If you cannot see that there was no visual evidence of a problem on the Saturday and that the change from a raceable track on Friday to the problems on Saturday was due solely to a combination of the defective base and the inclement weather. If you find it impossible to comprehend that nobody had any reason to even suspect that might happen because nobody knew about the base. If the evidence of the successful extensive practice prior to the Leicester match followed by the problems the following day does not tell you that was an identical situation to what happened at the opening meeting and proves that no amount of testing on the Friday would have made any difference because the problem wasn't there on the Friday, there had to be the combination of the defective base and the inclement weather for the problem literally to surface.

As we saw at the opening meeting it took only a few laps fit the problems to be seen and if they were there on the Friday they would have appeared when the track was tested on the Friday.

lol your really capable of objectivity ..all you ever do is kiss butt and defend Belle Vue speedway no matter what .not sure when it's going to sink it but people knew there was a problem with the track before Saturday it was hardly a secret and sadly that turn out to be correct .if you can't comprehend that because it does not suit your point of view then so be it .

There have been some barmy posts from the unusual suspects on topic

Yea mainly be you and the other user names you been making up over the last few weeks .

Johnny Bravo, Nostradamus and David Icke all predicted 9/11. It seems ridiculous but it came true so it proves they're not cranks

I've already admitted starting the 'looks a bit patchy' rumour, besides all you ever do kiss butt and defend Swindon speedway no matter what .?

Everyone who knows me will tell that is not the case ...only two weeks ago I fell out with Rosco over the defeat by wolves ...and was vocal about it on here ..try harder or made up another name

Edited by orion

Really? I don't have an issue with Belle Vue, and would have loved for the opening meeting to be a roaring success.

But, if yourself and Ouch are going to try to defend the indefensible, then I may disagree with you!

All the best

Rob

• Like 4

Thank goodness for that. I wondered how long that you are going to spout your nonsense for.

The buck stops with the BV management over the opening meeting. If the track wasn't ready, then it should have been called off on the Thursday, not leave it until 5000+ people are in the stadium. The contractors cannot call off a speedway meeting. The BV management can.

The slowness in sending refunds just compounds matters. It's been a huge PR disaster.

All the best

Rob

I wouldn't try to make balanced argument Rob .Anyone who dares to come on here now and suggest the Belle Vue management are at any point to blame is systematically and aggressively rounded upon by the Belle Vue Mafia of Ouch,Fred Flange,Aces51 with a supporting role from the White Knight. Small in number but very vociferous with their posts

Edited by New Science
  • Like 1

It would be nice if they answered the phone when you contacted them instead of always going through to voice-mail. By the way another day has passed and you've guessed it...no refund.

Can you, disprove this, particularly as you are someone who admits openly that he has turned his back on attending speedway meetings?

(I wouldn't dare to suggest what you should do, or not do, but having made a point of announcing your exit from this forum, what are you gaining by re-commencing posting and particularly on a subject you know nothing about?)

Oh - I think I know as much about the situation as you.

Everyone who knows me will tell that is not the case ...only two weeks ago I fell out with Rosco over the defeat by wolves ...and was vocal about it on here ..try harder or made up another name

Mmmmm - why am I not surprised?

No your (sic) always kissing their butt

You are way offline, and just trying to discredit a poster that makes comments you can't stomach. I don't share many mutual views with orion, but to say he kisses butt at Swindon shows how far you are offline and saying things to suit your own agenda.

I support post #99 from New Science, who I again don't usually support. Your, and the other supporters, have conveniently ignored the events(partly what I put on here as well as things I can't) which happened throughout the week leading upto the GOM. The signs and concerns were known, and shown, that all things were not OK, and a problem was lying ahead of them. The decision to carry on after Wednesday was foolish, and costly for others, and undid all the good work and goodwill that have been seen and applauded by me and others against other posters who knocked it all along throughout the build process. I took stick from many posters who said it would never happen, and I personally knocked their negativity against the project. With that background of support on record, it does not make me feel good to criticise the actions taken, and decry the decision to go ahead with the GOM. The decision to go ahead was flawed, and it should have been cancelled on that Wednesday.

• Like 4

Oh - I think I know as much about the situation as you.

Mmmmm - why am I not surprised?

About as a surprise as you coming back to the forum after your dear john note ...everyone knew it was just a cry for help and your never would stick to it .how right they were .

Edited by orion
  • Like 2

I

Rubbish, your talking Sh-te.