British Speedway Forum
a4poster

Belle Vue Grand Opening Refund?

opinions masquerading as a story of true events.

I know these Belle Vue press statements have been shocking .

Good point it was great to see a cover up exposed ...just a shame they never owed up earlier rather than blaming everyone else .

Amen to that.

Truth will out I say. Imagine if those at Belle Vue had tried to cover things up? Though it gave people more ammunition for nasty comments I still prefer their openness on the matter, in print, on screen, via radio or in person.

Something many could learn from.

I know these Belle Vue press statements have been shocking .

When I learned that the contractors had screwed up the base and sub base construction I, like you was shocked. Amazingly inept but at least we can take some comfort in knowing a large penalty clause payment will be making its way into British speedway via Belle Vue.

Amen to that.

Truth will out I say. Imagine if those at Belle Vue had tried to cover things up? Though it gave people more ammunition for nasty comments I still prefer their openness on the matter, in print, on screen, via radio or in person.

Something many could learn from.

When I learned that the contractors had screwed up the base and sub base construction I, like you was shocked. Amazingly inept but at least we can take some comfort in knowing a large penalty clause payment will be making its way into British speedway via Belle Vue.

Yea covers up are shocking ..I remember there was a speedway match where someone try to call off a match saying that a hose had cause a leak all over the track when really it was because there rides could not make it to the match ..lucky for use they were found out ....I doubt many would trust them to tell the truth next time ...but you never there always a few fools who might

Yea covers up are shocking ..I remember there was a speedway match where someone try to call off a match saying that a hose had cause a leak all over the track when really it was because there rides could not make it to the match ..lucky for use they were found out ....I doubt many would trust them to tell the truth next time ...but you never there always a few fools who might

So that's you and George Washington then, being sanctimonious is not a virtue. If that's your test, one mistake and you're condemned for life, you must lead a miserable existence not trusting anybody. Most of us are grown up enough to admit we have made mistakes and know our friends and acquaintances will have done so as well. Most of us are wise enough and generous enough to forgive and forget unless we discover someone seriously betrays that trust on more than one occasions. Intelligent people also look for proof if they have concerns and if you put your well known prejudices aside and looked objectively you might just see that on this particular occasion even the SCB have admitted that the track looked as if it would be ok for the Saturday.

• Like 1

That's was shocking and more so because it was Belle Vue. I really took them to task over that episode from many years ago. I know they felt, if you can't beat 'em join 'em but we're Belle Vue for gods sake.

I think it's biased though to just presume that lies are being told and I still feel the facts should be sort out before making a judgement.

I'm not going to sit here pointing fingers at other promoters over the farewell debacle as I (want to) believe they were acting in good faith at the time but things later transpired that in hindsight made them look like crooks.

I think it's detrimental to the sport as a whole to have supporters continually knocking clubs by way of lies and gossip. Potential new fans and sponsors could look in on here and think again which I feel is a disservice to UK speedway.

• Like 1

So that's you and George Washington then, being sanctimonious is not a virtue. If that's your test, one mistake and you're condemned for life, you must lead a miserable existence not trusting anybody. Most of us are grown up enough to admit we have made mistakes and know our friends and acquaintances will have done so as well. Most of us are wise enough and generous enough to forgive and forget unless we discover someone seriously betrays that trust on more than one occasions. Intelligent people also look for proof if they have concerns and if you put your well known prejudices aside and looked objectively you might just see that on this particular occasion even the SCB have admitted that the track looked as if it would be ok for the Saturday.

intelligent people would understand about not giving out advice about objectively when they can't be themselves due them sticking up for there friends and then looking to rewrite history .

It's common sense when someone like you tells us we should just believe everything that Belle Vue speedway tells us we should look at recent history at such matters ...and by the looks of it history has repeated itself in this case .

Edited by orion
  • Like 1

A fact by definition is the truth

Correct that is why Belle Vue got fined for cheating v Poole

A fact by definition is the truth.

Here's yet another question that you won't be able to answer, which press statement was an opinion?

Its a bit unfair of me because I know you spend so much time criticising Swindon over their dodgy track for the wolves meeting and the incredible rip off farewell to the abbey meeting last season (which you gullible Swindon fans lapped up, 'Rosco rode then last ever laps at the abbey', lol!) you probably won't have time to find an 'opinion' but why don't you give Rosco and his chums a break and have a go at belle vue for a change, ha ha!

Opps, I got you mixed up with someone else, your too busy 'kissing Swindon butt'!

You got try to try lot harder to get a bite ...try putting the right bait in the water then someone might get as upset and angry as you are ...poor effort lol

Let's just imagine that following the SCB investigation they had said that the track was not fit for racing on the Friday and the meeting should have been abandoned. Those too prejudiced to accept the truth now staring them in the face would have been quoting that at every opportunity they had and claiming it as proof positive that Belle Vue were totally to blame for the cancellation on the Saturday.

Unfortunately for them, the SCB didn't say that. What they said is that on the Friday the track looked as if it would come good for the Saturday. So what do they do, they ignore that clear impartial evidence because it doesn't not just support their case, it destroys it. Instead they continue to rely solely on rumours spread before a lot of work was done on the track resulting in the track being raceable on the Friday.

As for Orion, he knows he is being economical with the truth accusing me of blindly supporting the management of Belle Vue regardless of the issue. Why? Because he knows and was reminded of it by me recently, that I condemned Belle Vue over the hosepipe incident and said the punishment was fully deserved.

Edited by Aces51

Still nothing.

Someone I know got there's today. So they are coming. Just be patient. There is only 1 person dealing with it and it's all being done manually.

Still nothing.

When you sent it you would have got a tracking number or system to follow..... does that actually show they got your refund claim??????

Or did you just send it normal post despite the advice given on this forum/thread?????

If someone rang me up and I confirmed to them I had received it, then it would make sense to me to prioritise processing that refund.

If you paid on your credit card why not just dispute the charge with your bank? I presume bv will be refunding onto the card used to pay?

Assuming Noone still uses cherubs in this day and age?