British Speedway Forum
Skidder1

Coventry V Poole El Friday 22nd April 2016

And in that one post you have completely exposed yourself for what you are.

Nothing more needs to be said. We all see you as what you really are. Anyone with a modicum of common courtesy would have put their hands up and apologised for being wrong.

Really.

I say again because obviously you cant read mate.

I wasnt wrong. I never said anything about the scoreline but you keep on banging that drum.

I say again i called you what i did when you said Poole would be weaker with replacements when they werent. I never once mentioned your score prediction.

Its quite boring now and am waiting for your apology that you dont actually read posts

Right Mr Shovlar you are getting no sort of apology at all because you are obviously lacking the intellect to actually read what I wrote so let me spell it out for you on plain English. Did I call you a troll and not intelligent over your predicted scoreline???? NO. I called you unintelligent and a troll because you quite clearly stated that Poole were weaker with Lindgren and R/R. You quite obviously lack the ability to actually read what I wrote otherwise we would not be having this debate. You give an apology when you are in the wrong. Now I called you a troll over the Poole replacements. What I suggest you do is read your own match report where you clearly state that Lindgren and the use of R/R did not weaken you. So basically I WAS RIGHT so it seems you owe me an apology doesn't it my old fruit!!! But please if you can find the post where I called you unintelligent over the SCORE and not the REPLACEMENTS then you would quite rightly deserve an apology. I will await your response

Steve has more knowledge of Speedway in his little finger than you have in your big toe. But everytime you come on here your ego takes over and you seem to know more about Poole than anybody else and slag the club off at every given opportunity. Please leave us alone and go back to your boring PL thread and your boring set up.. Your starting to really bore us with your waffling.

If his mind is not there, should he be riding?

Not really no, but if he doesn't ride he doesn't earn.Very easy to say riding will take his mind of things, No it won't.

Edited by Starman2006

To be fair Shovvy, Freddie had a puncture in ht 15. We were just unlucky on the night with his ef and puncture. That said though Watty really needs to get his act together.

Totally agree. The gods certainly worked against us last night. We haven't yet got our act together away from home and last night was a catalogue of mistakes to throw away what should have been four easy points.

We are clearly a far superior team to Coventry but silly mistakes coupled with under performing from one of our side cost us dearly.

No idea Lindgren had a puncture because he had ridden brilliantly in heat 15 to pass Harris twice. Thought is was a case of picking the wrong option off the final bend.

Luckily for me I was out of the stadium before everyone got jammed in and home at 11.40.

Matt Ford was there last night and will clearly not be happy with Watts performance. Matt is not shy of making changes even if it is a Poole stalwart and club captain. He did it to Boycey and Watt must know he is living on borrowed time. He is clearly bringing his personal issued onto the race track and not only is it costing him financially but it is costing the team league points.

Either take a break with a month out or get your act together. Hard but true.

• Like 1

People do talk some rubbish on this forum at times - the Polish fixtures were PUBLIISHED 1st- yes Poland have encroached on Fridays but Lesno v Torun was an orginal fixture in those published

So why were Poole allowed a facility if the Torun fixture was rearranged after ours were released?

As has already been stated and explained, its nothing to do with when fixtures are published (they are made available to clubs and riders before anyway!) - Torun have Holder under continuous contract for longer than Poole (Holder missed some months in 2014) so their fixture got preference for Holder's services. The facility in such circumstances allows for r/r or a guest.

Just reading back all the posts from last night as I was out, Well done to the Bees on a great win for them but a couple of things could have made it so different - e/f and puncture - but that's speedway..

At least it may stop some from saying that Poole are unfairly stronger than every other team - that's both away meetings Poole have lost so far!!!!!

I wonder what difference there might be against Wolves with Kurtz at reserve?!

Edited by Skidder1

People do talk some rubbish on this forum at times - the Polish fixtures were PUBLIISHED 1st- yes Poland have encroached on Fridays but Lesno v Torun was an orginal fixture in those published

We all know that but Mr Watson is saying that's not the case. So the question is to him that how Poole got a facility if the UK fixture wasn't organised first.

Thing is also, I couldn't see anything that says about which fixtures where organised first.

It does say that facilities are available if a rider is missing due to their home federation fixtures. Poland isn't Holder's home

Poland isn't Holder's home

Neither is the UK. He is an Aussie so its the club with first dibs on him. Not Poole in this instance.

Steve has more knowledge of Speedway in his little finger than you have in your big toe. But everytime you come on here your ego takes over and you seem to know more about Poole than anybody else and slag the club off at every given opportunity. Please leave us alone and go back to your boring PL thread and your boring set up.. Your starting to really bore us with your waffling.

Not really no, but if he doesn't ride he doesn't earn.Very easy to say riding will take his mind of things, No it won't.

You not supposed to bring your personal problems to work, you are meant to leave them at home. If he can't do his job properly then, bye...

We are going by what Matt said in the Echo. He said there was no clash when our fixtures were planned.
  • Like 1

You not supposed to bring your personal problems to work, you are meant to leave them at home. If he can't do his job properly then, bye...

Ever thought of a job in management? A bit of compassion, empathy and understanding wouldn't go amiss!

I was not at last night's meeting so am in no position to pass comment on the racing that took place only to congratulate Coventry on them achieving what many others on this thread who, like myself weren't there, were convinced was the impossible task over overcoming a twelve point deficit, aided by an 8-1 tactical ride heat, to win by one in a last heat decider. Surely by doing so it would have generated much excitement for the folk who were at the meeting and hugely contrasting emotions for those in both camps - joy for Coventry, huge disappointment for Poole?

I was at the Lakeside versus Poole match though earlier this month that was by far the best I've personally witnessed so far this season with the lead changing hands three times, a heck of a lot of passing manoeuvres some of which were breathtaking and drew many comments on this forum and elsewhere including from a neutral speedway fan who was there, Halifax Tiger, that included these words, "From a neutrals point of view, it was better than that :D. Cracking meeting with some brilliant racing, excellent presentation, no interval on a freezing night and all done in less than 90 minutes. Take a bow, Lakeside Speedway." Is it a coincidence that Poole have been the home club's opponents in both matches?

Judging by some people's comments on this and other threads and indeed on other speedway forums, I can't help but wonder just what people want/expect from a speedway match? Yes we all want to see our club win, that's only natural but do some fans prefer 74-16 or so home wins and circa 60-30 away ones as opposed to last heat deciders? I'd really like to hear any comments.

Edited by Bryn

Ever thought of a job in management? A bit of compassion, empathy and understanding wouldn't go amiss!

Lots of people have relationship problems still have to do their job properly otherwise they will get sacked! I am not known for my patience!! Edited by lisa-colette

To be fair, if he's not able to do his job to the best of his ability he should be signed off. He's clearly feeling depression and you can see that also by his tweets.

He could become a danger to other's with his mind clearly not focused on the job

7 points is a lot more than 2!! I wouldn't expect Buzz to get double figures away from home. Watt should get more than 4! Not exactly the strongest Coventry team ever!