British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Daniel Smith

Could Woffy Be Making An El Return?

You have more chance of red rum being found than this happening.

:rofl::rofl: this got to the greatest line on the forum this year ....Steve must think he's signing for someone then . :D

• Like 3

strange attitude to have. You dont have to like someone but its a bit strange you cant support your own country in an international event.

I never really liked Havelock but i sure as hell cheered him on when he won his world title or raced for team GB. How anyone can cheer for say Holder or Janowski when they race against Woffinden is beyond me.

Not many football fans outside Manchester United like Rooney but when he plays for England we all cheer if he scores.

Not much cheering there either then!!?? :D

Not much cheering there either then!!?? :D

Yeah, he's only Englands all time leading goalscorer.

Said through gritted teeth as I'm no fan of his :)

• Like 1

Tbh Gavan in the GPs I see them riding for themselves if you said World Cup, then you would have a point! Support Holder in GPs first above anyone and that includes Harris.

I have had this discussion with other fans for years and people don't get it but it is up to me and I will support Nicki P before Tai! :D

I really don't get the hatred of tai , I'm not a fan of his but he's a British world champion so in international events I support him. being Welsh I have an similar example in a conversation my son had with me about the situation after I explained it to him he said " that would be booing Gareth bale at the euros dad cos he plays for Real Madrid"

• Like 3

Tbh Gavan in the GPs I see them riding for themselves if you said World Cup, then you would have a point! Support Holder in GPs first above anyone and that includes Harris.

I have had this discussion with other fans for years and people don't get it but it is up to me and I will support Nicki P before Tai! :D

Your entitled to your opinion but im english and my country comes before any club allegiance. I may not have liked Havelock that much but im glad he won the world crown.

I dont understand that in a Gp if there was a race between Holder , Ward , Janowski and Harris that an English person would want Harris to come last because the other 3 riders rode for their Poole club. That to me is just strange.

By all means cheer for Holder in a race of no Brits but when he is up against Harris you must want the Brit surely??

Would you still cheer for Holder if say he moved to another Elite league club? If the answer is no then you put your club before country and i have no idea why people do it.

For my sins im a West Ham fan and do i want Dimitri Payet to score for France if we play him??? No i want him to be sent off if anything!

Edited by Gavan
  • Like 2

Your entitled to your opinion but im english and my country comes before any club allegiance. I may not have liked Havelock that much but im glad he won the world crown.

I dont understand that in a Gp if there was a race between Holder , Ward , Janowski and Harris that an English person would want Harris to come last because the other 3 riders rode for their Poole club. That to me is just strange.

By all means cheer for Holder in a race of no Brits but when he is up against Harris you must want the Brit surely??

Would you still cheer for Holder if say he moved to another Elite league club? If the answer is no then you put your club before country and i have no idea why people do it.

For my sins im a West Ham fan and do i want Dimitri Payet to score for France if we play him??? No i want him to be sent off if anything!

I think in speedway it's always been the same ...fans are more likely to cheer for a rider from there club rather than country in say a gp ...Swindon fans would always cheer for Adams over Nicholls and Harris for example ...not the same in a World cup of course .

Edited by orion

I don't see them riding for their country, I see them riding for themselves more. Different in world cup of course.

I really don't get the hatred of tai , I'm not a fan of his but he's a British world champion so in international events I support him. being Welsh I have an similar example in a conversation my son had with me about the situation after I explained it to him he said " that would be booing Gareth bale at the euros dad cos he plays for Real Madrid"

I dislike Tai, I don't hate him.

Edit - I don't mind Harris winning that race but what rather Holder won! It is just my preference. I'd prob still want Magic to win races as well. I just base it on riders I like rather than nationality.

Edited by lisa-colette

Can't say I blame him for not riding over here in the league but the fact he can't be bothered with the British championship says everything you need to know really. Either way I don't really care about him.

• Like 3

As Tai explained himself at the weekend on periscope, how did the BSPA expect him to ride in the semi finals of the BF the day after Warsaw when he has no bikes in this country at what is most likely going to be an afternoon meeting in Glasgow. I will support Tai as he represents Britain both in the GPs and at the WC and has done far more for British Speedway than any other rider in the current era. All that is too quickly forgotten.

• Like 3

He doesn't have to with the No'8 rule. Could sign for a team & just race a handful of fixtures & the No'8 rides the rest

As said.If the British Final is to much then a few meetings over here is a no no.He will look silly if he decides to ride here part season ?

As Tai explained himself at the weekend on periscope, how did the BSPA expect him to ride in the semi finals of the BF the day after Warsaw when he has no bikes in this country at what is most likely going to be an afternoon meeting in Glasgow. I will support Tai as he represents Britain both in the GPs and at the WC and has done far more for British Speedway than any other rider in the current era. All that is too quickly forgotten.

Why didn't he say that in the first place then, he may have got the fans on his side and campaigning for him to be seeded to the final ......
  • Like 2

Why didn't he say that in the first place then, he may have got the fans on his side and campaigning for him to be seeded to the final ......

Probably because he didn't want them to in case they succeeded :wink:

I may not like him but I have him down as a very astute cookie. He knows exactly what he is doing.

Edited by Star Lady
  • Like 1

Probably because he didn't want them to in case they succeeded :wink:

Mayyyyybe!!

And where has this thread come from, no smoke without fire, Steve Hone, have u heard summat re Lynn?

Get one of his many bikes to Glasgow by road and then fly in from Warsaw ...how is he going to ride in the World cup with no bikes in the uk ?