British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Daniel Smith

Could Woffy Be Making An El Return?

Why should we care? Holder, Zagar, Doyle can ride here and the other leagues but its too much for the plastic Brit?

I hope he recieves a chorus of boos when he is announced at Cardiff.

Shocked to say but you have excelled steve,Excellent post that is spot on to what a lot of fans think about him now.

Loved the plastic Brit :)

• Like 1

A British world champion who cant be arsed to support the top league in this country deserves all the distain thrown at him. A real shame because having the world champ in the EL would have been a big draw card and he would have shown support for the country that gave him the brake.

Instead he would rather ride in Poland and Sweden. I cant fathom why anyone would want to support him after basically craping on his own country's fans.

As far as I am concerned he can carry on singing Waltzing Matilda and after refusing to ride here hope he never gets a spoty nomination he so desperately craves.

• Like 6

As Tai explained himself at the weekend on periscope, how did the BSPA expect him to ride in the semi finals of the BF the day after Warsaw when he has no bikes in this country at what is most likely going to be an afternoon meeting in Glasgow. I will support Tai as he represents Britain both in the GPs and at the WC and has done far more for British Speedway than any other rider in the current era. All that is too quickly forgotten.

A British world champ could'nt borrow a bike lol.Lets face it he could qualify from the semi's on a half decent bike

• Like 1

A British world champion who cant be arsed to support the top league in this country deserves all the distain thrown at him. A real shame because having the world champ in the EL would have been a big draw card and he would have shown support for the country that gave him the brake.

Instead he would rather ride in Poland and Sweden. I cant fathom why anyone would want to support him after basically craping on his own country's fans.

As far as I am concerned he can carry on singing Waltzing Matilda and after refusing to ride here hope he never gets a spoty nomination he so desperately craves.

I agree with you Steve. But what he could earn here would be absolute chicken feed compared to what he would earn in Poland, and thats just to start with. Its all abaht the money..

I have to say that I want to like Tai, but I find it really difficult these days.

Have to agree on what others have said and add that it feels like he thinks he is doing GB a favor by riding for them above his beloved Australia.

I have no problem with his fondness for Australia, it is only natural.

However I'm going to hurt his feelings now and point out that he is NOT AUSTRALIAN.....NOT ONE BIT.

Born in the UK to British parents = British blood through and through.

• Like 3

Tai can earn enough money to keep him happy without having to mess about with the amateur run EL that we have today. I would support any Brit that wears the union jack in team or individual events.

The words typed by the ever so blue SS are only venomous because Tai is a world champ and doesn't ride for Poole

• Like 9

Try digging at the winning post at Aintree!

I suspect you're thinking about Shergar. :)

:rofl::rofl: this got to the greatest line on the forum this year ....Steve must think he's signing for someone then . :D

That will teach me to think I know remotely anything about horse racing! Still its given some a laugh as if I was a Swindon fan I'd do clutching at anything remotely funny right now. Prize numpty (me I mean! )

having the world champ in the EL would have been a big draw card and he would have shown support for the country that gave him the brake.

Speedway bikes don't have brakes.

• Like 4

There is a lot of bull rubbish written on this thread. Like him or not - he is the world champion, is British and is doing what is good for him and his family. So what if he doesn't race in the UK!

How many riders do you know that have done so much for charity over several years? Yup - just the one - Tai Woffinden. What a great ambassador for the sport and a genuinely not cue person too!

Not often we agree SteveO but we do on this one.

Tai is not the one who has refused to race for Great Britain, but still wants the personal glory of riding in the British Final... that's Scott Nicholls.

No, he's put aside personal glory but will continue to do his best to help the team, i.e. his country.

• Like 2

Not often we agree SteveO but we do on this one.

Tai is not the one who has refused to race for Great Britain, but still wants the personal glory of riding in the British Final... that's Scott Nicholls.

No, he's put aside personal glory but will continue to do his best to help the team, i.e. his country.

I will second that. Great post from Steve0.

Well said. Doesn't matter if he's British, Swedish or from Timbuktoo some people just don't like him. I'm one of them. I fail to see why I should pretend otherwise just to appease the "you have to support him cos he's British" brigade.

No idea why that makes me sad or pathetic rather than honest.

For the record I don't like Greg Hancock either :P . Most other GP riders I'm ambivalent about with the exception of Nicki Pedersen who I love.

Agree about Hancock find him rather much a pretence and a bit oily for my liking

• Like 2

Why should we care? Holder, Zagar, Doyle can ride here and the other leagues but its too much for the plastic Brit?

I hope he recieves a chorus of boos when he is announced at Cardiff.

Ridiculous, typically biased post by SS who is so obviously jealous that Tai hasn't and doesn't want to ride for Poole. Plastic British Speedway Fan.

Now Greg is one of the most nicest and most genuine blokes you could meet. Sofar as Tai is concerned, there's an old saying, be nice to people on your way up, because you might just meet them on your way back down.

Is that why you aren't nice to anyone, apart from Matt Ford, as you know you will never go upwards, let alone reach the top?

And what a pthetic bunch you are , chasing after the golden boy ,who obviously doesn't give a shyt . about brtish speedway or the people who support it ,and that includes YOU Dickhead

Pathetic bunch? Pathetic post. Attack the post and not the poster. Anyone who resorts to name calling is immature, is unable to get their point (if they actually have one) across and has so obviously lost the argument - and the plot. Should be Reported.

.I know nothing but it's still more than you

Backs up my previous comment.

Shocked to say but you have excelled steve,Excellent post that is spot on to what a lot of fans think about him now.

Loved the plastic Brit :)

Typical, anti-Tai comment, from Robert72, with no reasoning, which makes it worthless, or even pointless.

'Distain'? Is that the one in your pants SS? And 'brake'? Is that all Tai got from British speedway, a brake, which he can't use on his speedway bike? No wonder the boy doesn't ride in Britain these days. He's not Polish or Swedish, but he's probably got more from both those countries than a useless brake. Plus 'craping'? Why, is he in mourning?

How many extra people would the World Champion really add to attendances in Britain these days? Many years ago, the World Champion was a draw-card, but these days. It didn't make much difference to attendances when Havelock and Loram won their Titles. Then, going on some of the comments on here, maybe extra people would turn up to boo him, or give him the silent treatment, or throw rotten tomatoes at him. Gee, he's a professional sportsman in the second decade of the 21st century who can chose wherever the heck he wants to ride and earn money, a profession that proffers a fairly short career opportunity and, which can and has been drastically and tragically shortened for many riders. Disappointing that he doesn't participate in league speedway in Britain? Maybe. His privilege to do so? Definitely.

So... another Thread about Tai Woffinden turns into an opportunity to knock the lad who risks life and limb every time he swings a leg over a speedway bike, is British, rides in the SGP in a British race-jacket and, wants to and does ride for Britain in the SWC, with passion and pride. I despair at times.

• Like 5

I agree with you Steve. But what he could earn here would be absolute chicken feed compared to what he would earn in Poland, and thats just to start with. Its all abaht the money..

It was enough for him when he was making his way up the ladder .

• Like 1

strange attitude to have. You dont have to like someone but its a bit strange you cant support your own country in an international event.

I never really liked Havelock but i sure as hell cheered him on when he won his world title or raced for team GB. How anyone can cheer for say Holder or Janowski when they race against Woffinden is beyond me.

Not many football fans outside Manchester United like Rooney but when he plays for England we all cheer if he scores.

yeah well donr mate resorting to abuse.

you know absolutly nothing about the sport or you would know the real reasons why he isnt riding in the British Final instead of just being a lemming.

Name me one rider in the last 5 years that has put as much into British Speedway than Woffinden?? Scott Nicholls lol.

People who resort to abuse and name calling have lost the argument already. You want an argument pal im here

Chris Harris!

• Like 3

There is a lot of bull rubbish written on this thread. Like him or not - he is the world champion, is British and is doing what is good for him and his family. So what if he doesn't race in the UK!

How many riders do you know that have done so much for charity over several years? Yup - just the one - Tai Woffinden. What a great ambassador for the sport and a genuinely nice person too!

Thats Just youropinion . it doesn't make everyone elses BullShyt

• Like 1