British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
allthegearbutnaeidea

Berwick Vs Glasgow Saturday 23rd April Lc

Should be very interesting, if Glasgow lose by 7 or less they win the group, if Berwick don't win by more than 7 they are out and it all goes to Edinburgh vs Glasgow

One thing for sure we will need more than 3 heat winners if we want to win by 7 or more IMO .( though not mathematically impossible)

One thing for sure we will need more than 3 heat winners if we want to win by 7 or more IMO .( though not mathematically impossible)

Against a top four that Glasgow have, hopefully Worrall will be there after his crash last Sunday, could prove a problem. After a poor weekend against Edinburgh and Glasgow Berwick need to get back to winning ways.

Jorgensen sidelined for Saturday, replaced by Stuart Robson. Mellgren returns, situation with Wethers not yet known.

Tigers at full strength.

(from this afternoon's e-newsletter)

Doolan at 5 Alden at 3

Maybe getting Alden at three will get the best out of the returning Mellgren, and I like Doolan riding with our reserves.

• Like 1

A fair few travelling down for this always a pleasure making the trip to border country a very enjoyable day with friendly fan's that always make you welcome looking forward to it.

• Like 7

A fair few travelling down for this always a pleasure making the trip to border country a very enjoyable day with friendly fan's that always make you welcome looking forward to it.

Good on you for focussing on a positive ie 'friendly fans' - everyone knows what to expect when it comes to the racing...

• Like 1

Glasgow have normally been the team with the biggest travelling fans to come to Berwick over the last few years, even the years when things wasn't going so well there was always a good number coming through. We`ve had some cracking meetings in recent times, I think Saturday will be one of those.

• Like 1

Forecast is fine on Wunderground and BBC tbh, light rain in PM but not evening. Should be fine.

I think the weather will win this one if I'm honest, it could change though

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2655819?day=2

Saturday`s forecast doesn't look to bad at the minute, though it could be cold as it was last weekend, hopefully if it is the club might dispense with a parade and get the tapes up at 7pm as advertised. I feel sorry for the lady with the heat and sponsor boards as it the meetings so far this season she`s had all kinds of weather throwing at her.

• Like 1