British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn V Poole 27/4/16 7.30pm (skysports)

I expect there will be less holes in the track than you're used to though

Shovvy is ok with Holes...he talks out of one most of the time. :D

• Like 2

What a bloody cock up.

Just cancelled the hotel at BV, now I find I now have to cancel my hotel booking at KL which was for two nights so we could travel on to Leicester on the Saturday. Now have to rebook again, and make two separate trips to KL and Leicester and miss seeing my Great granddaughter.

Not at all happy. We have half the meetings we used to have and they still can not organise it

• Like 1

Think I would rather spend time with my Granddaughter Brock. Sod the Speedway.

• Like 2

Look forward to it, so annoying for away fans though grrrrrr

Will wait and see if they make an offer on admission. If it's full price I'll stay at home and watch on TV.

Think I would rather spend time with my Grandaughter Brock. Sod the Speedway.

I was seeing my GGD on the original date in May on the Friday after the speedway as they live at RAF Marham not too far from KL. They will not be there next week, Really peed off

Will wait and see if they make an offer on admission. If it's full price I'll stay at home and watch on TV.

When has buster done it in the past? I'd expect to pay full whack, and to be fair our meeting with Poole last year was on tv and was one of the biggest crowds of the season

Not sure there is much incentive to attend this one, as one team is vastly superior to the other and it won't be a contest.

Maybe if home fans stay away when Poole visit, rival promoters may stand up to them?

Still can't get my head around how the best team in the league ends up with the strongest reserves, not just this year but last year too.

Just completely BORED of it all.

• Like 1

A bit sneaky by the Stars offering to fit this one in before NKI quits!! I'm surprised MF agreed to it quite honestly. ;-)

My first thought! We will still lose though :-(
  • Like 1

Not sure the Poole line-up is correct - even with the changes others have suggested.

Ellis doesn't complete his 2nd away meeting til Friday 22nd and his new average is not effective til 7 days later according to the rules.

Was just about to point this out. Ellis and Newman will get new averages from their first 2 home (so not last night vs Coventry), Swindon away and Coventry away this Friday. They will become effected from next Friday (the 30th), according to my maths Adam has to score more than 3 less than Kyle (so either more than, the same or within 3 points) to go into the 1-5 and either one of them is almost certainly going to be a heat leader baring a disaster (for them) of epic proportions - which as a Bees fans I hope happens but don't expect to happen. If Adam had any sense he'd sit behind Kyle in both reserve races if he can and try and drop another 2 points more than Kyle as he'll score nothing as a heat leader but will carry on scoring big as a reserve! Lose a couple of point in one meeting to gain many more in later meetings.

What a bloody cock up.

Just cancelled the hotel at BV, now I find I now have to cancel my hotel booking at KL which was for two nights so we could travel on to Leicester on the Saturday. Now have to rebook again, and make two separate trips to KL and Leicester and miss seeing my Great granddaughter.

Not at all happy. We have half the meetings we used to have and they still can not organise it

And this is why speedway fans stop going.

What a bloody cock up.

As a disillusioned fan this just speaks volumes. Feel for you mate.

I am getting pissed off now. Told the wife she couldn't have the car next Thursday now I find out the Stars are at home next Wednesday. I thought Thursday was race night this season.

I am getting pissed off now. Told the wife she couldn't have the car next Thursday now I find out the Stars are at home next Wednesday. I thought Thursday was race night this season.

Unless Sky decree otherwise :cry:

Can someone tell me when the racing was unbelievable every week at any track in the UK? I always read people saying the racing is pants nowadays and don't bother going. For me it's the same as it always has been since I started going in 2005 when we use to batter every team in the PL, a lot of that was our guys gating and not being caught, but people forget it because we were winning every week. In fact I remember it being so grippy some weeks in the PL the away team would turn up and some couldn't even turn the bike.

So what were the good old days?

• Like 1

What a bloody cock up.

I've never really understood why people book hotels to stay in after a speedway meeting as, apart from when i have watched speedway abroad - and not always then, I have always driven to and back home from the meeting on the same day - maybe not reaching home until the next day. Went to a few World Finals in Europe and returned the same day too. This must be a modern day phenomena as in the 70's/80's/90's very few, if any fans travelling to away meetings would even contemplate the thought of staying overnight in an hotel, let alone the additional cost and, with midweek meeting, loss of earnings. Although, as you say you have a great granddaughter, you may be even older than me. You must be much wealthier than me then, Brock.