Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn V Poole 27/4/16 7.30pm (skysports)

Fact of the matter is if that was a nl fixture the meeting would of ran.

What frustrates me is, why not chuck a couple of bikes out there. Before anyone says that it would not prove the tracks 'raceable", it would not prove race ability.

Would it would do is show how the track reacts to the bikes. So it would very quickly show the track is a no go, or alternatively would show what bits and bobs could be done to get a race track.

Also on covers, I have always though cheap gazibos could help. Both protecting the track but as the cover is not in contact with the surface it would stop the base "sweating".

Even tarpoline type covers should be manageable as dog tracks can be covered very quickly.

Too many people have the you can't do that attitude, I prefer the what if we tried this attitude.

as mentioned earlier, putting 2+2 together it seems the decision was made early on by the rider's in the changing rooms. Sky says hold off the official announcement until they go live on air. This would be why none of the Poole rider's even got changed.

Not a thought for the fans who had to stand about in the freezing cold then.

Not a thought for the fans who had to stand about in the freezing cold then.

Does speedway today ever care about the fans? We all know the answer to that

• Like 2

Oh dear Starman, are you really not able to read into what I wrote..?

meetings have been ridden on far from ideal conditions before, if this was a 'cough cough' last day before the cut off I'm pretty confident it would have been completed...

you catch my drift.. ;)

Yeh and you conveniently left out what you said about Kyle..

Personally i have every sympathy with Buster who obviously put in a lot of effort in to trying to get the meeting on and i have seen meetings at Kings Lynn run in worse conditions, although wet i felt the fact that nobody even went out on the track is poor. Buster has been in charge of Kings Lynn for a very long time and if he says it had a chance of being raceable after a couple of races then i believe him.

What rider wants to race in the cold and wet, it's a no brainer for them but for a promoter that has spent endless hours working on the track i fully appreciate his disappointment.

• Like 6

We have definitely had meetings where Buster has won the argument against the riders and the track has been good after all ....... not saying it would last night but Buster has been proved right in the past .....

That is modern speedway for you. For that reason I never travel long distance if there is any threat of rain

Personally i have every sympathy with Buster who obviously put in a lot of effort in to trying to get the meeting on and i have seen meetings at Kings Lynn run in worse conditions, although wet i felt the fact that nobody even went out on the track is poor. Buster has been in charge of Kings Lynn for a very long time and if he says it had a chance of being raceable after a couple of races then i believe him.

What rider wants to race in the cold and wet, it's a no brainer for them but for a promoter that has spent endless hours working on the track i fully appreciate his disappointment.

NKI said they needed another hour for the track to be ready. So either sky are not prepared to wait and overrun or KL have a curfew?

I feel sorry for Buster after doing all that work but the referee should have called it off before he even started blading the track.

Just watched the sky+ of last nights 'meeting' and I'm astonished that the unusual suspects who have been banging on about belle vue letting fans into the stadium when, they say, there was no chance of racing are conspicuous by their absence.

The irony of Chapman letting fans in to a meeting that had no chance of running is staggering.

#karma

To be fair Fred Kings Lynn offer fans a cash refund on the night so no harm done.....

BTW how is your refund coming along from the first belle vue meeting which was cancelled about 6 weeks ago?

• Like 9

Just watched the sky+ of last nights 'meeting' and I'm astonished that the unusual suspects who have been banging on about belle vue letting fans into the stadium when, they say, there was no chance of racing are conspicuous by their absence.

The irony of Chapman letting fans in to a meeting that had no chance of running is staggering.

#karma

I hear my local bookies are offering evens on whether the BV crowd will get their money back before the brass band's track record is broken....

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

Thanks for that Steve.

Can't remember the last time a single (or couple) of riders refused to ride tho I have seen it in long distant past.

Coventry vs Poole last year!

#karma

Because nobody is defending it so the "usual suspects" have nobody to point out why it was so bad.

Maybe a lesson to be learnt there by some BV fans?!

Edited by SCB

To be fair Fred Kings Lynn offer fans a cash refund on the night so no harm done.....

BTW how is your refund coming along from the first belle vue meeting which was cancelled about 6 weeks ago?

So great to be able to get your money on the night, I'm still reeling from the 2014 track hole postponed Poole mtg when they were counting the takings in front of my eyes but would not take my ticket and give me my money back
  • Like 1

So great to be able to get your money on the night, I'm still reeling from the 2014 track hole postponed Poole mtg when they were counting the takings in front of my eyes but would not take my ticket and give me my money back

Nevermind. If you stick a stamped envelope in the post with your ticket from that meeting and a covering letter to the speedway office and just state you had to rush back to Norfolk, you never know. You might get the HOLE amount back... :lol:

Edited by Starman2006

Coventry vs Poole last year!

Because nobody is defending it so the "usual suspects" have nobody to point out why it was so bad.

Maybe a lesson to be learnt there by some BV fans?!

I blame my ageing memory :P but honestly I was thinking of riders refusing to start a meeting that consequently went ahead.