British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Shale Searcher

Leicester Lions V Kings Lynn Stars, Sat 23rd April 2016 @ 19:30

You continually moan about Leicester speedway, I wasn't there, I was at Stoke last night. But reading the posts on here, a lot of people thoroughly enjoyed themselves last night apart from you, strange that!!!

Hi mate, did you get sorted what you wanted on Wednesday. ?

While ive hijacked this thread what i will say is imo, Leicester will go from strength to strength. Il say no more...

They all count towards the team average

What do you mean?We have nine riders if they all counted towards the team average we would be well over the limit.

I thought the track was very poor and the riders did there best to give the fans a decent meeting.

A fair result in the end.

Wasn't there but seems others say there was plenty of passing.Didn't Lambo pass 2 riders on lap 4 race 15

Edited by Bald Bloke

Wasn't there but seems others say there was plenty of passing.Didn't Lambo pass 2 riders on lap 4 race 15

No he done it over the course of the race,but he overtook Hougaard on the run to the line on the last lap.

No he done it over the course of the race,but he overtook Hougaard on the run to the line on the last lap.

Thanks for that.Still 2 passes in one race ;-)

and Simon Lambert was passed on the line in 3 of his races wasn't he?

Thanks for that.Still 2 passes in one race ;-)

Lambert kept it on when the lions rider shut off to Coast over the line,I thought it looked a dead heat but after DH probally upset the ref about the lights I guess it was an easy decision.

Cheers Stevehone..A pass is a pass robert72 :party:

I never mentioned there was no passes I mentioned it would of been even better had the track had some shale on it

Might of been.But there was passing.Do you have expereance riding these modern lay downs

TRACK....

Rain was forecast so little watering. I have a 1200 gallon water bowser to big for watering during the racing. But a smaller one is being built.

Heat one track record.

Lots of passing.

Every rider went home safe. No complaints from any of the riders on the night.

Riders do not want more dirt as they can't turn. So to say more dirt would make it better is not a fact.

Its still early days but the track is producing much better racing. Watering is difficult when the track is slick as there is little dirt to hold the moisture so it dries out quicker.

Glyn

Edited by speedflash
  • Like 6

TRACK....

Rain was forecast so little watering. I have a 1200 gallon water bowser to big for watering during the racing. But a smaller one is being built.

Heat one track record.

Lots of passing.

Riders do not want more dirt as they can't turn. So to say more dirt would make it better is not a fact.

Its still early days but the track is producing much better racing. Watering is difficult when the track is slick as there is little dirt to hold the moisture so it dries out quicker.

Glyn

There was No way of watering it anyway with that lack of dirt as it would of been dangerous.

Your so right the riders went home safe and that's the most important thing at every meeting.

I hope you can do turns one and two during the international break plus add more dirt :)

TRACK....

Heat one track record.

Lots of passing.

Glyn

Thanks for the info, Glyn. The track has made a massive improvement in racing. I doubt a certain person who still moans about the track, has ever sat on a speedway bike. You can prepare the track like that every week for me. A great nights entertainment. Well done all.
  • Like 1

There was No way of watering it anyway with that lack of dirt as it would of been dangerous.

Your so right the riders went home safe and that's the most important thing at every meeting.

I hope you can do turns one and two during the international break plus add more dirt :)

You clearly missed the part where he said the riders don't want more dirt.:rolleyes:

Am looking to my visits to Leicester this year as usual particularly the evidence is clear the racing and passing has improved.

Obviously looking to return to the West Midlands with 8 points this season. :t:

whereabouts to you need to watch from to see the passing ? I was on turn 4 and appear to have missed most of it

I was on turn 4 and saw loads and that was without my glasses. :)

• Like 5