British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
RobMcCaffery

Kenni Larsen Shot

I am sure Kenny is in the best place, getting the best of treatment. I hope he pulls through and makes a full recovery.

. According to the article I posted about above, it wasn't a "real" rifle "only" an air rifle.

Somehow a shot was fired by accident and hit Kenni in the head.

However according to Kenni's mechanic Kenni walked back to the workshop on his own and

his mechanic called Kenni's mother whi took to the hospital.

Condition is uttermost serious according to fyens.dk

http://www.fyens.dk/modules/mobile/article?articleid=2982772

Edited by Ghostwalker

Statement for Kenni's family:

While police investigations are ongoing, Larsen’s family released a brief statement via Falubaz.com, admitting the incident was a tragic accident.

The statement read: “What happened Kenni was an accident. Kenni underwent neurological surgery to remove the bullet from an air gun. It was followed

by a pharmacological coma and he had another operation on Friday. They had to remove extra fluids from the brain, which caused additional pressure.

“If his condition is stable, doctors will try to wake him in about two to three days.

"Kenni’s family is very grateful for the support they have received at such a difficult time.”

http://www.speedwaygp.com/news/article/4807/kenni-in-airgun-accident

• Like 1

Smederna have just released an update with more information:

Exakt vad som hände igår med Kenni vet vi fortfarande inte, men vi kan ge följande information om läget.

Kulan gick in i tinningen, igenom pannloben och stannade vid andra tinningen. Det gjorde så att pannloben svullnade och man var tvungen att släppa på trycket

med en andra operation. Svullnaden har nu sakta gått ned men det har uppstått komplikationer med en infektion som man i nuläget inte vet var den sitter.

Sitter den i huvudet kan det vara kritiskt men förhoppningsvis sitter den någon annanstans i kroppen.

http://ikarossmederna.se/senaste-nytt-om-kenni/

I'll give you an English translation shortly.

English translation (manually translated by me):

We still don't know exactly what happened but we currently have this information about his condition:

The bullet entered through the temple, went through the frontal lobe and stopped at the next temple. It caused the frontal lobe to swell and they had to perform a second surgery

to relief the pressure. The second swelling have slowly regressed but complications have arisen. The complication is an infection that they currently don't know where (in the body) it is.

If the infection is in the head it could be critical but hopefully the infection is somewhere else in the body.

Edited by Ghostwalker
  • Like 1

Is Kenni Larsen the rider earlier in the year falsely diagnosed with testicular cancer?

Think that was Kenneth Hansen.

Wishing Kenni Larsen a full and Speedy recovery.

Is Kenni Larsen the rider earlier in the year falsely diagnosed with testicular cancer?

Think that was Kenneth Hansen.

Wishing Kenni Larsen a full and Speedy recovery.

scottyfan is correct.

Get well soon Kenni.

Kenni's parent's posted this on his facebook page earlier:

I am so thankful for all of your support in this hard time. I do not have any words to describe what I am feeling when I read all of the lovely things you have written. My eyes are so full of tears most of the time so I haven't been able to read all of the post and messages yet. I can only hope and wish that Kenni will wake up again and see them too. All of your support would mean the world to him, and he would be so thankful to know that so many people care and will be there for him.
No one are sure about anything other than the fact, that what happened to Kenni was an accident. The bullet went through his temple to the other side and was surgically removed, but even though the surgery went as planned, the pressure in Kenni's brain kept rising and the day after he went into another surgery to drain some of the excessive fluids from his brain as they caused it to swell. That went as planned as well. Unfortunately, we learned today that his levels of infection is rising with a high speed and the source of infection will remain unknown throughout the next few days.
Kenni is still in a coma and remains in very critical condition. We pray that he will survive and we believe that he can if he really wants to, because Kenni is a winner. We cannot live without him.
Thank you once again.

Love,
Kenni's parents Vivi & Peter, and his siblings, Sofia, Amanda & Viktor.