British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
RobMcCaffery

Kenni Larsen Shot

Kenni's parent's posted this on his facebook page earlier:

I am so thankful for all of your support in this hard time. I do not have any words to describe what I am feeling when I read all of the lovely things you have written. My eyes are so full of tears most of the time so I haven't been able to read all of the post and messages yet. I can only hope and wish that Kenni will wake up again and see them too. All of your support would mean the world to him, and he would be so thankful to know that so many people care and will be there for him.

No one are sure about anything other than the fact, that what happened to Kenni was an accident. The bullet went through his temple to the other side and was surgically removed, but even though the surgery went as planned, the pressure in Kenni's brain kept rising and the day after he went into another surgery to drain some of the excessive fluids from his brain as they caused it to swell. That went as planned as well. Unfortunately, we learned today that his levels of infection is rising with a high speed and the source of infection will remain unknown throughout the next few days.

Kenni is still in a coma and remains in very critical condition. We pray that he will survive and we believe that he can if he really wants to, because Kenni is a winner. We cannot live without him.

Thank you once again.

Love,

Kenni's parents Vivi & Peter, and his siblings, Sofia, Amanda & Viktor.

Heart-breaking. My prayers are with them.

New update.

Condition still critical but the infection is regressing.

The doctors have also started the process of waking him from the coma, a process that will take about a week.

http://www.fyens.dk/modules/mobile/article?articleid=2984135

https://m.facebook.com/kennilarsen/posts/10209116519540546?refsrc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.fyens.dk%2Fmodules%2Fmobile%2Farticle

Edited by Ghostwalker
  • Like 3

And in English from Speedwaqygp site:

Tuesday 26th April 2016, 13:47

Danish racer Kenni Larsen’s parents admit “his life remains in danger”, but confirm he has become more responsive as he recovers from surgery on gunshot wounds to the head.

The Zielona Gora star was taken to Odense University Hospital last Thursday after a suspected accident with an airgun.

He underwent surgery to remove the pellet and a further operation to reduce the pressure on his brain. He remains in an induced coma, with doctors phasing out his medication to wake him.

His parents Vivi and Peter admit there have been some improvements in his condition.

But in an updated posted on Kenni’s Facebook page, they wrote: “Kenni is still in a critical condition and his life remains in danger.

“BUT there is some good news: his level of infection is falling and his body reacts with muscle spasms when the nurses change his position in the bed. That's how we know that he is just under the surface.

“The doctors will slowly start the phasing-out of some of his meds today (Monday), but it will take about a week before this will have any effect.

“We hope and pray that he will wake up. Thank you again for all of your support. Vivi and Peter.”

• Like 2

I couldnt believe it when i heard about this.:-( i hope he makes a full recovery. Theres alot of rumours going around that he shot himself, i hope this is just a nasty rumour and it was a accident. My thoughts go out to kenni's family. Get well soon kenni.

Edited by Tracy M

Up date taken from Kenni Larsen Facebook page.

Kennis condition is still extremely critical, and he is not out of danger. BUT his infection numbers are still down, and that's good. He was scanned yesterday, and it looked as expected .Hans weaning goes as planned. We play kennis favorite music for him so we can sometimes see he moves the eyes underneath the eyelids. It's nice to see.
He moved his legs a little today, when the nurse turned him. Tonight we will show him a speedway.
Thanks for supporting us with all your sweet messages, it sustains us.
Vivi and Peter.

Kenni tried to open his eyes today, but couldn't open them completely because of all his sleeping medicine. He also moved his legs and arms and squeezed my hand, which was wonderful to see. The doctors had to up his sleeping medicine because he tried to pull out his respirator, so we have to be patient, but we, as a family, are sure that Kenni is going to wake up again. We thank every one of you who is thinking of Kenni and us. This is the best Friday ever.

Vivi and Peter

Copied from Kenni's facebook page.

• Like 4

Good news. Kenni have woken up from the coma and have been unplugged from the respirator.

He is very confused and have no memories of what happened. He only wanted to go home.

The doctors said that this is normal and that they will let Kenni rest before proceeding to the next step.

http://eskilstunasmederna.se/kenni-har-vaknat/

English version : https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1089479361075505&id=712695175420594&refid=17&_ft_=top_level_post_id.1089479361075505%3Atl_objid.1089479361075505&__tn__=%2As

• Like 6

Today is 1. May flourishing beech and sun is. Kenni is removed from the life and agreed support. He is a bit confused and not remember the accident. He just wanted to go home. Doctors say it is very normal.
We are so happy and a big knot in his heart has been much less.Today we are going to Kenni. We thank you for thinking of us and Kenni.
Vivi and Peter

Translated from Facebook.

• Like 1

Today is 1. May flourishing beech and sun is. Kenni is removed from the life and agreed support. He is a bit confused and not remember the accident. He just wanted to go home. Doctors say it is very normal.

We are so happy and a big knot in his heart has been much less.Today we are going to Kenni. We thank you for thinking of us and Kenni.

Vivi and Peter

Translated from Facebook.

I did post a link to the English version. ;) : https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1089479361075505&id=712695175420594&refid=17&_ft_=top_level_post_id.1089479361075505%3Atl_objid.1089479361075505&__tn__=*s

Just appeared on Twitter Kenni has come off of life support he's a bit confused can't remember the accident at all but other than that he wants to go home!!!

• Like 1

Kenni's former team mates in Munkebo Scorpions have started a fundraiser for Kenni's benefit.

The article also says that Kenni recognizes his parents and his sister but he is also confusingly speaking in English and Polish.

Kenni is also supposed to have said the following to his father:

"- Jeg kommer nok ikke til at køre (speedway, red.) i et stykke tid.". which in English means:

"I will probably not be riding speedway for a while".

http://www.fyens.dk/modules/mobile/article?articleid=2988268

Edited by Ghostwalker