12. Jack Geran (Australia) - 86 years - born 10/12/29

13. George White (England) - 84 years - born 24/5/31

14. Ian Williams (Wales) - 84 years - born 4/8/31

15. Per Tage Svensson (Sweden) - 84 years - born 16/10/31

16. Peo Soedermann (Sweden) - 83 years - born - 29/10/32

17. Ronnie Moore (New Zealand) 83 years - born 8/3/33

18. Ove Fundin (Sweden) - 82 years - born 23/5/33

19. Dan Forsberg (Sweden) - 82 years - born 25/3/34

Apologies to anyone left out. Any new information and I will correct the list.

It looks like we could get a team from both England and Sweden from that list. I know it's never going to happen but I would love to see an over 80's test match featuring those riders.

More world finalist names passed on to me are Aage Hansen (Norway) and England's Jim Lightfoot and Mike Broadbank.

I think Arthur Wright should be 3rd reserve at 19 and not Dan Forsberg.

1. Split Waterman (England) 92 years - born 27/7/23

2. Arthur Payne (Australia) 91 years - born 30/8/24

3. Dick Bradley (England) 91 years - born 28/11/24

4. Fred Brand (England) 91 years - born 3/2/25

5. Chum Taylor (Australia) 89 years - born 4/4/27

6. Eric Boothroyd (England) 89 years tomorrow - born 26/4/27

7. Derick Close (England) 88 years - born 13/5/27

8. Henry Long (South Africa) 88 years - born 26/7/27

9. Billy Bales (England) 86 years - born 6/6/29

10. Olle Nygren (Sweden) - 86 years - born 11/11/29

11. Rune Sormander (Sweden) - 86 years - born 29/11/29

12. Jack Geran (Australia) - 86 years - born 10/12/29

13. George White (England) - 84 years - born 24/5/31

14. Ian Williams (Wales) - 84 years - born 4/8/31

15. Per Tage Svensson (Sweden) - 84 years - born 16/10/31

16. Peo Soedermann (Sweden) - 83 years - born - 29/10/32

17. Ronnie Moore (New Zealand) 83 years - born 8/3/33

18. Ove Fundin (Sweden) - 82 years - born 23/5/33

19. Arthur Wright (England) - 82 years - born 14/10/33

Jim Lightfoot and Mike Broadbank are just outside the top 19.

Without adding extra work-there are some interesting names here -Bob Andrews, Arthur Wright, Jim Lightfoot (Capn. Jim)-Tigerowl, is there any way you could add another 6 to the list of 19-making 25-maybe even Briggo could make that list. I find this all very interesting particularly since I am getting uncomfortably close to the age of some of these names!!!! Aagh!!!!

• Like 1

Without adding extra work-there are some interesting names here -Bob Andrews, Arthur Wright, Jim Lightfoot (Capn. Jim)-Tigerowl, is there any way you could add another 6 to the list of 19-making 25-maybe even Briggo could make that list. I find this all very interesting particularly since I am getting uncomfortably close to the age of some of these names!!!! Aagh!!!!

On the face of it Bob Bath a good idea, but IMO the more names one adds to a list of this calibre the less meaningful it becomes. Just a thought...!

I think you will find that Jack geran died a few years ago.

I have seen a similar mention re Jack Geran on Facebook and made a check in regard to this sad comment. Not that I dispute the fact but I was unable to find any reference that he had passed away.

This is news to me re Jack Geran and I hope it is not true-can anyone confirm this ??

His wife died recently...and I am positive dear old Jack passed on about 5 years ago..met him a couple of tims with Bill street, John Scott and Trevor Redmond...that was some lunch !!!

I took part in an Olle Nygren Training School many years ago at King's Lynn. A real character. My brother also went (wearing Briggo Team Leathers) prior to me and shared a bike with Chris Prime who was later killed at Brough Park.

Some mates and myself went on an Olle Nygren school at Kings Lynn too. I was given a pair of well beaten Green leathers with my body shape I looked like a slow moving Granny Smith on the video footage.

But we had a helluva laugh.

• Like 1

Re Jack Geran-trying to check this out there was an obit in the Exeter Express in I think 2007 for a Noah Jack Geran but surely not the same guy particularly since Jack is listed in the Members directory of the WSRA issued in 2013. Will contact Reg Fearman to see if he knows anything as Reg keeps in pretty close touch with folks.

Re Jack Geran-trying to check this out there was an obit in the Exeter Express in I think 2007 for a Noah Jack Geran but surely not the same guy particularly since Jack is listed in the Members directory of the WSRA issued in 2013.

Would be something of a miracle if it was the same person then......as it is I think spiegal is a former team manager of Australia,so if he say's he is positive Jack is dead,then is there a need to question that?

Hey Bob, this is making me feel really old.....I remember seeing 13 of them....the only one's I did not see or do not remember are Payne, Brand, Close, Long, Svensson and Wright but I do vaguely remember Long.

Hi Rogerandout-saw your post -hate to tell you this but maybe you are old!!) you are probably younger than me though. Anyway will buy you a beer next time I see you at Dundas track P.S, when are we going to have another official Canadian Speedway Championship- I keep looking at the CSRA website but no luck so far!!