British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gresham

How Far Do You Have To Travel?

Does the Pope know about this family of complete virgins?

Well done to you and everyone else who are actually doing something helpful and constructive to raise the profile of your team. So good to see after all the doom and gloom we seem to get on the BSF.

Also good to see that you've now got permanent planning consent.

Edited by Aces51

Does the Pope know about this family of complete virgins?

Also good to see that you've now got permanent planning consent.

The complete virgins are from Ashford so they may have lied....... :)

Permanent planning is awesome news. Now to attack the curfew and race night and Elite league here we come :) obviously with our NL as well.

• Like 2

For regular 'home' matches, I started off with a 9 mile midweek round trip by bus in 1969, which changed to a 25 mile round trip by tube in 1972. Then changed to a 130 mile round trip in 1975, when I passed my driving test.

In 1981, it became a 380 mile round trip (though admittedly not every week) which reduced to a 200 mile round trip every Saturday in 1982, before going back to a 130 mile midweek round trip in 1983.

In the latter part of 1985 it was a 135 mile round trip on a Sunday, before a 240 mile round trip, again on Sundays, in 1986.

After that, there were no longer any regular 'home track' visits. My 'home' track is now 13 miles away.

The longest journey I have had to a speedway meeting was approximately 10,000 miles in 1981, with the meeting being postponed when I arrived and re-scheduled the next weekend. Maybe that's for another thread though.

Think we want to keep this thread live and not let knobhead do his normal stuff unless it leads to another quick ban,then I am all for it

• Like 1

8 miles and about 12 minutes to the OTA from home for me. I could walk to it though when i used to work next door in the Driving Range!

Think we want to keep this thread live and not let knobhead do his normal stuff unless it leads to another quick ban,then I am all for it

Nice to see you on here Doug Macfarlane. You don't appear now on the Wimbledon Speedway Facebook group - something or someone upset you - possibly? :wink:

Nice to see you on here Doug Macfarlane. You don't appear now on the Wimbledon Speedway Facebook group - something or someone upset you - possibly? :wink:

I don't appear on the Wimbledon site or anywhere else as far as you are concerned as I and a number of others have blocked you.You even upset someone so much that they decided to start their own Wimbledon site which a number of us use John Hyam free :party::rofl:

Edited by iris123
  • Like 1

I don't appear on the Wimbledon site or anywhere else as far as you are concerned as I and a number of others have blocked you.You even upset someone so much that they decided to start their own Wimbledon site which a number of us use John Hyam free :party::rofl:

The original Wimbledon Speedway site is thriving these days. Some really top class material being posted there. Did you know that one of my Facebook sites now has 5,000 members - and they include some very well known speedway names as contributors.

That guy you claim I upset on the Wimbledon site - all I did was suggest to him a possible method as to how to post a series of photos - but if he wants to be tetchy, that's up to him.

Edited by Guest

The original Wimbledon Speedway site is thriving these days. Some really top class material being posted there. Did you know that one of my Facebook sites now has 5,000 members - and they include some very well known speedway names as contributors.

That guy you claim I upset on the Wimbledon site - all I did was suggest to him a possible method as to how to post a series of photos - but if he wants to be tetchy, that's up to him.

I don't 'claim' anything.He stated you got on his nerves and upset his wife previously,so he set up a site that you are not welcome to join.That was enough for me and others to follow :party: And from what I hear you hounded another guy(Omar) off one site,probably because he was posting more interesting stuff than you and also had the sense to block you :P Your own site that weird world thing is just copying stuff from elsewhere and getting hardly any response the last time I looked,which say' it all

• Like 1

I don't 'claim' anything.He stated you got on his nerves and upset his wife previously,so he set up a site that you are not welcome to join.That was enough for me and others to follow :party: And from what I hear you hounded another guy(Omar) off one site,probably because he was posting more interesting stuff than you and also had the sense to block you :P Your own site that weird world thing is just copying stuff from elsewhere and getting hardly any response the last time I looked,which say' it all

Oh dear iris123: The Omar situation: he was dealt with by other moderators besides myself. I won't highlight what was claimed against him in regard to the source of his photos. He blocked me on a site where I am one of the Administrators - two other Admins pointed out to him that it was contrary to the forum rules and asked him to rescind his block. When Omar declined/refused, he was then blocked from the group.

Your claim about The Weird World of Speedway is amusing - a lack of what? Have you studied the Posts made there and how many LIKES they get...?

Yes, the site is operated on a SHARE basis hence the origin of its material and, while there is a low comment return, as I said the LIKES more than indicate there is an interest in what is provided. And people are joining it on a steady basis each week.

Edited by Guest

Comedy Gold,just like one of the other Admin getting all upset because he has posted 70 or 80 photos and no-one has made a comment!!!! Dream team you are :icon_smile_clown::rofl:

Edited by iris123

Comedy Gold,just like one of the other Admin getting all upset because he has posted 70 or 80 photos and no-one has made a comment!!!! Dream team you are :icon_smile_clown::rofl:

Can you be more explicit - this is just the usual Doug Macfarlane waffle as I see it. :lol:

Anyway ignoring the knobs attempts to bring yet another thread down to his stupid level,my hopes of getting to a meeting soon have been dashed yet again.There is a meeting going on at the moment at my local track.But unfortunately due to family commitments I couldn't attend.I was hoping to get to the track a bit further away on Thursday,but they have already called the meeting off!!!Which means if I want to get to a meeting Thursday i'll have to travel 2 hours or more....

Anyway ignoring the knobs attempts to bring yet another thread down to his stupid level,my hopes of getting to a meeting soon have been dashed yet again.There is a meeting going on at the moment at my local track.But unfortunately due to family commitments I couldn't attend.I was hoping to get to the track a bit further away on Thursday,but they have already called the meeting off!!!Which means if I want to get to a meeting Thursday i'll have to travel 2 hours or more....

Will you be going to Teterow in September ?

Will you be going to Teterow in September ?

At this point in time,unsure.Will let you know nearer the time if I do decide