British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gresham

How Far Do You Have To Travel?

At this point in time,unsure.Will let you know nearer the time if I do decide

Ok, a Riesling on me if you make it!

longest journey I have had to a speedway meeting was approximately 10,000 miles in 1981, with the meeting being postponed when I arrived and re-scheduled the next weekend. Maybe that's for another thread though.

Makes my rained off trips to Peterborough in '99, Lynn for the pairs in about 07 and Ipswich in about 09 from Newport and Cardiff seem pretty irrelevant now!

Makes my rained off trips to Peterborough in '99, Lynn for the pairs in about 07 and Ipswich in about 09 from Newport and Cardiff seem pretty irrelevant now!

I thought I was badly off back in the 70s driving from Berwick to Rye House at the end of a tour for a rain-off then heading straight back to the West Midlands. At least I didn't have to sleep in the Rye House car park on that trip.

Edited by rmc

Maybe i've been lucky, but i think the worst i've suffered is the 91 world under 21 that was called off as we came into Coventry from Reading.

We headed off to the restaging on the monday night but the weather was so crap we bailed out - the meeting went ahead and Brian Andersen won i think..

Actually, i'm sure a Bydgoszcz Gp we went to was called off, but my memory is not so good of anything Polish due to my leg breaking and other escapades over there.

and come to think of it, i was at the Gothenburg gp that went out of the window. I ludicrously went to the re-staging of that aswell straight from work on some badly thought out 24 hours trip with no hotel which ended rather messily.

Anyway..

Cheers

Comedy Gold,just like one of the other Admin getting all upset because he has posted 70 or 80 photos and no-one has made a comment!!!! Dream team you are :icon_smile_clown::rofl:

You are aware that one Facebook group - not mine - is now on the verge of taking the lead as the speedway debating group with the most members? :lol::approve:

Ok, a Riesling on me if you make it!

Have you been to Teterow before?If you want to drink Riesling,you'll have to buy it before you get to the track in my experience :P

• Like 1

Happy were the days I could go to West Ham, Hackney and Wimbledon in the same week, even though I didn't have a car :cheers: