British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mOgul

Help Can Anyone Id The Team And Year Of These Leathers?

Should add will be ipswich witches and probably be late 80s early 90s

My bet would be Jeremy Docaster as his father was a vet! He was also sponsored by D.I.D. chains I recall.

Whether he was riding for Ipswich or Reading at that time I wouldn't like to guess.

Edited by steve roberts

Most definetely Doncaster.

Here's a pic of him wearing those leathers...

Edit...Well I'd like to post a link to it...but this forum doesn't like me. It won't even allow me to add 'emotions' to my posts.

Google Jeremy Doncaster Speedway....and there is a pic in images wearing those leathers in Ipswich race jacket.

• Like 1

Yeah, spot on guys, those would be Donkeys.

I think I remember Keith Rodwell was a Suffolk musician who owned a music shop in the locality, was into speedway and was one of Doncs sponsors back in those times.

mOgul, do you own the leathers, or summat like that? Just curious.

I am looking for one of the sets of bike covers I had made up for Billy Sanders in 1983/84. They had kangaroos on one side with 'Australian Solo Speedway Champion' and the relevant dates, plus 'J&N' and 'Alan Belham Speedway', and on the other side the logo that Billy used of an image of him riding over the outline of a map of Australia, with 'Billy Sanders International Fan Club' circumnavigating (word of the day) the image.

I had two sets made up and presented to him on the centre green at Foxhall as I was fed up with him turning up with John Cook's bike covers. One set went back with his mother, Bonnie, which obviously I have no issue with, but some other person has the other one, and I would pay a small fortune to get that back.

• Like 1