British Speedway Forum
mdmc82

Coventry V Wolves Monday 9th May

Lets be honest actually qualifying for the gps doesnt mean hes back to form. Look at the amoint of dross thats got through the gp challenge over the years.

*cough* Harris *cough*

• Like 2

Superb meeting from both teams. Hope the skin flints at home had enough pennies for the meter so they didn't miss the end?

• Like 3

Lets be honest actually qualifying for the gps doesnt mean hes back to form. Look at the amoint of dross thats got through the gp challenge over the years.

He is riding better than last year, but is well passed his best. That cannot be argued, although a tool like yourself will argue otherwise.

Why mention him not being in the GP's as some sort of defence then argue he isn't back to form when anyone with a pair of eyes can see he us flying this year??

Totally predictable no argument post, troll for troll sakes.

• Like 1

Superb effort to win that considering our recent form. How good was KK tonight? Also nice to see King scoring well.

Edited by woz01
  • Like 2

Superb meeting from both teams. Hope the skin flints at home had enough pennies for the meter so they didn't miss the end?

It ain't just the money that's stops people from going, it is the TIME and effort we give up and not getting the effort back from so many Prima donna's

Edited by markyb

Well that was certainly worth watching, a vast improvement on that Lakeside rubbish.

• Like 1

been following this lindgren discussion. its a very weak league to judge anybodies true form, think its best judged by other leagues...imo..but yeah, looked good tonight....

Superb effort to win that considering our recent form. How good was KK tonight? Also nice to see King scoring well.

just as said pre match, done enough to keep unchanged team. is that a good thing? king had a decent match, is one in three enough to keep people happy?

After such a cracking meeting I just had a moment of sadness - Brandon closes it's does to Speedway in 6 months time, just 6 months.

When you see Speedway like that, it's a fairly depressing thought that it's being allowed to happen :(

• Like 7

I was not convinced with Freddie when i see him at Swindon but in the first GP he looked very quick indeed.I still think there is more to come from him getting there with every ride some of his lines he rode tonight were superb the last lap in heat 15 he went up a gear nice bloke with it to.

• Like 1

been following this lindgren discussion. its a very weak league to judge anybodies true form, think its best judged by other leagues...imo..but yeah, looked good tonight....

It's a weak league I agree yet very few top riders have excelled since the new race format came out so I'd say it's a tougher race format for them personally.

Point in question woffy was on fire everywhere in 2014....... just not the EL.

• Like 1

It ain't just the money that's stops people from going, it is the TIME and effort we give up and not getting the effort back from so many Prima donna's

No lack of effort tonight .....

• Like 1

Just got back, cracking meeting. Big thanks to all the riders for putting it on the line. Best £10 spent in ages.

• Like 5

Decent meeting ,thought the ref got Ht 15 call right.Garrity is struggling this season.Howarth is overrated IMO.No change from Sargeant still doesn't wait for tapes to rise.

Indeed. a very good meeting with some superb riding from both teams.

Anyone seen markyb? He was telling us how rubbish it was earlier :)

yeah, I'm still here - if you look back you will see that my comment was not about how rubbish the meeting was, but as to how poor the quality was and likening to national league standard. Edited by markyb

It's a weak league I agree yet very few top riders have excelled since the new race format came out so I'd say it's a tougher race format for them personally.

Point in question woffy was on fire everywhere in 2014....... just not the EL.

We have even seen with Doyley this year an odd blip is possible well beaten in heat 1 at home to Wolves also dropped points at Leicester.This format is harder if FL can get back to his real Monmore best 12 plus everyweek he could be back in business and get in that top 16 again.
  • Like 1

After such a cracking meeting I just had a moment of sadness - Brandon closes it's does to Speedway in 6 months time, just 6 months.

When you see Speedway like that, it's a fairly depressing thought that it's being allowed to happen :(

It's nights like those that I'll miss after 33 years on the back straight. Even with a handful of people there you still can't beat a match like that.

Speedway is actually really simple when you can just enjoy 15 heats without moaning about anything you can think of for the sake of it.

Fourth meeting in 4 days for me. Few days off now until the next one.

just as said pre match, done enough to keep unchanged team. is that a good thing? king had a decent match, is one in three enough to keep people happy?

There isn't much scope to make a change as riders don't want the work unfortunately.

However, to be fair, if it was a choice between watching a dullard like Bjerre put half an effort in, I'd sooner keep Woryna.

• Like 4