British Speedway Forum
mdmc82

Coventry V Wolves Monday 9th May

Is Lindgren on the Gerhard engines this season ?

I'm sure I heard Tatum say he had switched to the GTR engines for this season

He certainly was in one of his heats last night. Can't say I noticed either way in his other heats but I don't think he switched bikes.

Didn't see Horton all night, was he in hibernation again?

Probably at Leicester preparing for next year

I don't see much EL racing, other than on Sky. Have I missed something?

How can Australian Sam Masters be an Elitle League Draft Rider? Surely these were designated to be British lads, drafted into the Elite League to bring them on, and ultimately benefit British speedway?

Good meeting, good racing and plenty of entertainment, best match on sky so far this year.

Chris Simpson made the presentation and music more current and helped create the atmosphere. I would personally prefer him on the mic anyday than Yorke.

I think the world and his brother would sooner have anyone n the Mic other than York, certainly didn't look a very good crowd, stand looked empty.

• Like 2

Is Lindgren on the Gerhard engines this season ?

I'm sure I heard Tatum say he had switched to the GTR engines for this season

Yes he is.

Just stayed up to watch the repeat and in heat 12 Sam Masters gets his bike running 2 minutes and 25 seconds AFTER the two minute warning!

have tried to put some logic on heat 12. The only logic I can see is that Masters suffered problems directly as the race was stopped and had clashed in the run in to the 1st bend. Did the clash cause the puncture or was it just a coincidence?

If there was any doubt that any incident caused the puncture then a time should have been allowed for Masters instead of putting the 2's on straight away. Maybe Durno realised his mistake at the end of the 2 minutes?

that said 2 mins came on and he wasn't ready within that time slot.

An excellent meeting.

A fast, aggressive Lindgren is brilliant to watch. He looks like he could be in line for a comparable revival season to that which both Loram and Andersen went through when they missed out on the GP. At the age of 30 he also has plenty of time on his side to work his way back to being a contender at GP level.

don't let Pinny hear you saying that, he is past his best don't you know! :rofl:

However back in the real world Fred appears to be having a resurgent year and long may this continue. A true class act.

I don't see much EL racing, other than on Sky. Have I missed something?

How can Australian Sam Masters be an Elitle League Draft Rider? Surely these were designated to be British lads, drafted into the Elite League to bring them on, and ultimately benefit British speedway?

He isn't an EL draft rider.

EL draft riders now get EL averages and can move into the 1-5, although only one of them can move up at any one time.

Howarth has moved up to 3, Masters at reserve. Poole - Ellis moved to 3, Kurtz to reserve, Swindon - Wright moved up, Tungate reserve, Leicester - Auty up, Klindt down.

Averages change every 2 weeks to avoid the draft riders struggling in the main body.

Just watched it with my cereal and have to say it was a far superior meeting inevery way compared to the rubbish served up at Leicester last night. Just a shame there was no one there to witness it. Seems the Coventry fand have deserted their club and they are just waiting for the bulldozers to come in. A shame really. But judging by the posts on here from Coventry fans many just dont seem to care.

Outrageous decision by the ref in heat one. Garrity, over riding as usual and completely out of control, pulls a massive locker and Kylmakorpi was brilliant in laying it down rather than plow into the hapless Garrity. How the hell could the ref get that so wrong?

Who was the ref? Had a mare. At least he got the Lindgren/ Harris decision correct. Good hard riding by Lindgren all night.

The Masters fiasco was just plain ridiculous. Ref probably thought he wouldnt delay the meeting further with threat of rain but bad call.

Saw more overtaking in one heat at Brandon last night than the whole of the meeting at Leicester. Just a shame Coventry fans have deserted their club.

Not the club most have deserted the sport.

A very entertaining meeting last night with the track a bit tricky for the first few heats. I love the lad Woryna's great attitude - just a shame the expectations on him are unrealistic due to the team building this year.

No complaints with Lindgren's rides. He is not a dirty rider, just rode hard but fair - he was one of the reasons the meeting was so good!

Spot on. Freddie has always been a fair rider. Good hard racing but fair, that's what speedway always used to be about. Bit of elbows at the tapes now and that is classed as dirty riding!! :o

• Like 5

Do you really think Killer would join Cov, the only team he'll ride for on the UK is the Robins. L

The decision was shocking. He should have been excluded. The clock was put on late and then when he missed it and they put it on again, they turned it off. He had about 6 minutes in the end!

Before I went tonight, looking at the two team line ups, I thought we would lose again.

However even with a shocker from the bees reserves we managed to win it. KK was brilliant & good to see King back scoring. The team spirit looked better in the pits.

Shame the crowd wasn't as good as it could have been but I'm glad I went.

Some really good racing and a good meeting. I found some of Lindgren's moves very dangerous.

The reserves are a concern for bees

I did hear from a reliable source tonight that Horton had contacted Lindback, Kildemand, Zengota and Smolinski and none of them want to ride in the uk.

Just what is the obsession of pointing out the lack of crowds at Sky meetings? This is nothing new, it's been par for the course for years apart from of the play offs etc.

• Like 2

Horton coming out with that again, they would come if the money was right!

I don't think Lindback would unless you offer Polish wages! And if he did, prob miss a load of flights ;)

Or was it that the riders behind didn't use the track to it's full potential?

Track didnt allow a pass. Holder was throwing his bike at the leader in his second ride and couldnt get anything out of the track. Same for Lawson in another. As I said, not one single pass.

Not the club most have deserted the sport.

Dont agree at all. Wolves was their biggest crowd in years last Monday. Pooles crowds are also good.

Only certain clubs are struggling with fans refusing to go and doing their level best on here to bring their club down. Step forward several Coventry fans on here.

He isn't an EL draft rider.

EL draft riders now get EL averages and can move into the 1-5, although only one of them can move up at any one time.

Howarth has moved up to 3, Masters at reserve. Poole - Ellis moved to 3, Kurtz to reserve, Swindon - Wright moved up, Tungate reserve, Leicester - Auty up, Klindt down.

Averages change every 2 weeks to avoid the draft riders struggling in the main body.

Thank you.

Clear now -- my problem was caused by Sky labelling him as a Draft Reserve when they listed the team photos at the start of the show.

• Like 1

Track didnt allow a pass. Holder was throwing his bike at the leader in his second ride and couldnt get anything out of the track. Same for Lawson in another. As I said, not one single pass.

Dont agree at all. Wolves was their biggest crowd in years last Monday. Pooles crowds are also good.

Only certain clubs are struggling with fans refusing to go and doing their level best on here to bring their club down. Step forward several Coventry fans on here.

I know Poole get their best crowds during the holiday season but the crowd against the Bees and few weeks ago wasn't that great by Wimborne Road standards.

I know Poole get their best crowds during the holiday season but the crowd against the Bees and few weeks ago wasn't that great by Wimborne Road standards.

Well maybe if Horton put a better team out, more people would have gone. More people will go if they feel a meeting is going to be close.
  • Like 1