Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Star Lady

Belle Vue Vs King's Lynn May 2nd

We'll be leaving at flipping 7 to hopefully make sure we are there on time :(

So up at 6 .... great!

To cap it all my sky box went wrong tonight so no bloody gp and BT don't seem to be showing it again!

As your dead against the GP's shouldn't have thought it a big loss to you

As your dead against the GP's shouldn't have thought it a big loss to you

It's BSI who offend me, not the racing

Just seen the latest forecast from the bbc and the rain is coming through at exactly the wrong time. A delayed start might save the day? Fans might have to hang around for a couple of hours in the stadium?

Stock cars start next door at 4pm. That seems to be the problem.

Don't know why we can't change race time to 8pm. Stox finish approx 9pm maybe earlier. Get all them out of area ready for speedway fans to leave about 10pm

These are the sort of situations when track covers would save the day, thought BV had them?

We are doing. 3 weeks ago they were being made and that would take 6 weeks. So we are 3 weeks away from having them delivered

I don't understand all the fuss about tomorrow's start time. If people are not happy with it they can always stay at home.

I don't understand all the fuss about tomorrow's start time. If people are not happy with it they can always stay at home.

Eh? The problem with start time tomorrow is that's the time is going to rain! If it had been an evening meeting tomorrow wouldn't have been a problem, but we can't as stock cars have had bank holidays for years so they have priority.

We get our new stadium thought we would get away from the problems of stock cars and they still causing us problems!

Edited by Rob B

Now that we have had to erect a noise barrier on the back straight of our new stadium, surely Stock Cars should have a new noise test done on them to see if they comply with the regulations, now that they run on their own at the dog track.

I have heard people complain about the noise, and blaming the speedway, when we have not even had a meeting, and it was the

stox making all the noise.

Now that we have had to erect a noise barrier on the back straight of our new stadium, surely Stock Cars should have a new noise test done on them to see if they comply with the regulations, now that they run on their own at the dog track.

I have heard people complain about the noise, and blaming the speedway, when we have not even had a meeting, and it was the

stox making all the noise.

Stock cars are far louder, I can hear them clearly at my house few miles away. Nothing will be done though, only have to do a noise test when applying for planning permission for new venue.

Rain is getting less and less all the time.

Now only due to rain at 11, 12 and 1pm. Worse times for our start time.

Now do we go for a early call off or risk it in the hope the rain will be even lighter or not hit at all. Like Fridays rain for the evening dIddnt materialise.

Edited by Phil The Ace

We are doing. 3 weeks ago they were being made and that would take 6 weeks. So we are 3 weeks away from having them delivered

Poor planning in my books.If they intended to start racing mid March shouldn't they have ordered the covers to be made ready for mid March not the end of May.

Poor planning in my books.If they intended to start racing mid March shouldn't they have ordered the covers to be made ready for mid March not the end of May.

They had to wait before track was passed over to us from Contractors so the company making them could measure the official track. This was done 3 week ago.

They being made by the same company that makes covers for Wimbledon.

Fingers crossed for this one,not only for Belle Vue and British speedway,but particularly for my mate 'conkers' who I am sure is desperate to get a few photos of actual racing :t:

They had to wait before track was passed over to us from Contractors so the company making them could measure the official track. This was done 3 week ago.

Blimey I thought the drawings should tell you exactly what the track dimensions should be.If the contractors cant do the track to the drawings they aren't very good at their job.

• Like 1