British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Shadders

Rye House V Workington (premier League) 2nd May, 2pm

Karger and Lanham should be replaced, Karger isnt a NL rider, Kennett simply awesome at Rye, Robson had a bad one but came good when it mattered, lykke and Heeps are solid and Morley still looks the best of the 3 pointers, not far off a good side. If we got Brandford for Karger how much would we have to replace Lanham

Karger and Lanham should be replaced, Karger isnt a NL rider, Kennett simply awesome at Rye, Robson had a bad one but came good when it mattered, lykke and Heeps are solid and Morley still looks the best of the 3 pointers, not far off a good side. If we got Brandford for Karger how much would we have to replace Lanham

I didn't think you could replace a rider with an assessed average?

Correct , you cant

Out of jail in heat 15. Poor performance again Kennett apart. Another meeting where it shows that the team is plainly not strong enough.

Karger & Lanham a waste of time. Get rid of both & use the points elsewhere. Stick Branford at reserve & use the spare points to replace Lanham.

Awful track conditions. Appreciate that rain was due around three but you shouldn't be starting meetings in dust no matter if rain is due.

If it rains at Rye it will be off anyway due to the blue groove becoming like ice, so prepare the track properly. It will make no difference.

I do still worry the promotion are a little green & wouldn't know how to change the side. When you put Karger & Lanham in it shows they don't have as much of a clue as it is.

Correct , you cant

What if they quit?

Out of jail in heat 15. Poor performance again Kennett apart. Another meeting where it shows that the team is plainly not strong enough.

Karger & Lanham a waste of time. Get rid of both & use the points elsewhere. Stick Branford at reserve & use the spare points to replace Lanham.

Awful track conditions. Appreciate that rain was due around three but you shouldn't be starting meetings in dust no matter if rain is due.

If it rains at Rye it will be off anyway due to the blue groove becoming like ice, so prepare the track properly. It will make no difference.

I do still worry the promotion are a little green & wouldn't know how to change the side. When you put Karger & Lanham in it shows they don't have as much of a clue as it is.

What if they quit?

Then they quit , that I suppose is different .

Then they quit , that I suppose is different .

or offer them voluntary redundancy so you sack them but they've quit instead

Given the forecast and the Rockets obvious lack of team strength. I thought was a super meeting and yet again this (weak) team is punching above its weight, just shows how bad the team spirit was the last few years as at 17-25 we would have taken a hammering.

Sorry Karger you need to retire (just for a short while) and Lanham again failed to impress (heat 14 at Rye should be in his pocket)

• Like 1

Well perhaps they should 'appeal ' the stupid rule - I'm sure Mr Ford wouldn't stand for it!

Another rider takes a liking to Rye who you don't expect to score big this time Campton after Grondal last meeting.

Edited by GWC

I'd like to know who was responsible for identifying Karger as a signing in the first place. I can't remember the last time a Dane hadn't done enough in his previous career to merit an assessed seven point average in his first UK season. Even then the majority fall a long way short of that. Alarm bells should have been ringing from day one.

Teams should be built to win, we shouldn't be applauding spirited performances where we steal a draw at home when we could have built a decent side in the first place. A draw at home is never a good performance in speedway unless you lose riders early on in the meeting as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by Ben91

Well perhaps they should 'appeal ' the stupid rule - I'm sure Mr Ford wouldn't stand for it!

Another rider takes a liking to Rye who you don't expect to score big this time Campton after Grondal last meeting.

I didn't think you could replace a rider with an assessed average?

Correct , you cant

Can anyone find this "you cannot replace a rider with an assessed average" published by the BSPA/SCB ?

If it does exist, does this apply to all assessed average bands, i.e. 3.00, 5.00, 7.00 ?

Is Ellis eligable for PL

I guess so but he has committed to Eastbourne for some reason.

Can anyone find this "you cannot replace a rider with an assessed average" published by the BSPA/SCB ?

If it does exist, does this apply to all assessed average bands, i.e. 3.00, 5.00, 7.00 ?

I wondered that because I can't find it in the regs. Maybe I need to look closer but I can't see anything.

I'd like to know who was responsible for identifying Karger as a signing in the first place. I can't remember the last time a Dane hadn't done enough in his previous career to merit an assessed seven point average in his first UK season. Even then the majority fall a long way short of that. Alarm bells should have been ringing from day one.

Teams should be built to win, we shouldn't be applauding spirited performances where we steal a draw at home when we could have built a decent side in the first place. A draw at home is never a good performance in speedway unless you lose riders early on in the meeting as far as I'm concerned.

Redcar have one also with no credentials. Jacob Bukhave.