British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
hagonshocker

Swindon V Lakeside Thursday 5th May 2016

Easy home win I reckons, about 55-35 to the those Roscos rip-roaring Rockin Rampant Randy Red Roobins.

Sliproad from A419 to A420 Oxford road, closed by St.Margarets Retail Park/Sainsburys tomorrow late evening, probably best to go Highworth-Faringdon Road then join the 420, or you can cut through South Marston village to the 420, turn off at Honda junction.

Edited by Downsman
  • Like 1

LAKESIDE HAMMERS PRESS RELEASE

::::::::::

TABLE-TOPPERS Lakeside look to keep the feel-good factor going in tonight's Elite League trip to Swindon (7.30).
The Purfleet side, buoyed by their 53-39 win over Belle Vue last night, are three clear in the early race for the play-offs.
And top rider Andreas Jonsson knows the Vortex Hammers will need to break with recent tradition with a good away display.
"We haven't gone well away from home but we can change all that this season," said Jonsson.
"This club seems to do well at home but not so much away. We have to go to Swindon and put that right although they are starting to look good.
"We came through a tough test against Belle Vue last night so hopefully all the boys can keep it going at Swindon."
Lakeside are unchanged for the trip to the Abbey Stadium.
SWINDON: Jason Doyle, Charles Wright, Josh Grajczonek, Justin Sedgmen, Nick Morris, Rohan Tungate, Stefan Nielsen.
LAKESIDE: Andreas Jonsson, Piotr Swiderski, Kim Nilsson, Richard Lawson, Lewis Bridger, Robert Mear, Lewis Kerr.

Weather dry and warm so should be pleasant at Blunsdon tonight instead of the Siberian temperatures we have had for most of the season so far.

Will report on road works on A419 later today when road reports are updated for today.

• Like 3

Would Lakeside be stronger with Kennett riding rather than Lawson.?

Really surprised that Eddie did the deal with Lakeside as he isn't getting many rides for them.

Really surprised that Eddie did the deal with Lakeside as he isn't getting many rides for them.

Could Eddie Kennett be loaned out to another EL team whilst he isn't getting any rides at Lakeside??

Could Eddie Kennett be loaned out to another EL team whilst he isn't getting any rides at Lakeside??

I assume Eddie could move on if another team wanted him or he must be on a good retainer deal at Lakeside, which would be a surprise.

It was said at the Lakeside fans forum in February that Ed has 5 fixture clashes in the early part of the season and Rich Lawson would be taking all the rides until then, after that it would be decided on form. Not sure when Ed's fixture clashes are out of the way but woukd think it must be sometime soon.

A419 Northbound stationary queuing traffic. Must be an accident. I know it is early but riders, helpers and some supporters like to get there early some to go for a meal.

Maybe if you know anyone you can let them know.

If I can any further information I will post but if your near there now or on your way home it might be advisable to avoid the A419 Northbound.

Traffic still queuing. The road is partially blocked due to a motorcycle accident near the Rat Trap junction.

A419 Northbound stationary queuing traffic. Must be an accident. I know it is early but riders, helpers and some supporters like to get there early some to go for a meal.

Maybe if you know anyone you can let them know.

If I can any further information I will post but if your near there now or on your way home it might be advisable to avoid the A419 Northbound.

Traffic still queuing. The road is partially blocked due to a motorcycle accident near the Rat Trap junction.

Road report at 4.15 - accident cleared and traffic starting to move again.

Edited by A ORLOV

Would Lakeside be stronger with Kennett riding rather than Lawson.?

Was thinking that myself ..Lawson hopeless at Swindon as a rule ..the trouble is that he has some soft heats tonight so he might score ok