British Speedway Forum
mike7164

Berwick Bandits Vs Newcastle Diamonds Pl 7.5.16 7.00pm

Excellent win for the diamonds which i wasn't expecting and would have snap your hands of if offered point before the meeting. Plus as good a job Barker and Richie did which obviously grateful for not sure they got as many as Kus and Lambert would have which shows how good win it is. Also well done on Phillips getting win in heat 2 should help his confidence, and excellent performance by Steve Worrall but everybody contributed something to the result. Now need to make sure we get another win tomorrow.

Better hope we are at least 12-14 up by the time heat 13 comes round considering they have heat leaders that are good at our place!

Just wonder about the fitness of Kevin and Liam tonight after both suffered bad crashes last night. Plus the damage to Kevin's machinery. TJ's first meeting for three weeks and Bager is obviously going to be rusty. Theo was a bit unlucky tonight with the puncture and then touching the tapes after Barker obviously moved.

But the main problem again, as always, is gating, especially when the track is slick.

• Like 1

Bager awful, Seb fast, TJ dissapointing, the rest mediocre, we gated until the TR and that was that

Lets be honest if the away team reserves make the gate they don't even get past most weeks never mind decent riders.

was he pi55ed when he thought of that signing ............ .

Must have been ,National league rider would be a better option , I did mention he was a white line hogger and wouldn't be suitable on the bigger tracks when I first heard of him signing. I don't expect to see much improvement from him . Sorry Berwick fans you've not pulled a rabbit the rabbit has turned into a tortoise

Edited by New era Panthers

Must have been ,National league rider would be a better option , I did mention he was a white line hogger and wouldn't be suitable on the bigger tracks when I first heard of him signing. I don't expect to see much improvement from him . Sorry Berwick fans you've not pulled a rabbit the rabbit has turned into a tortoise

He was garbage three years ago and he's only got older and slower.

Anyone that knows anything about speedway at Berwick knows you can't sign white liners for Berwick well everyone apart from our management it seems.

Edited by Hamster00

He was garbage three years ago and he's only got older and slower.

Anyone that knows anything about speedway at Berwick knows you can't sign white liners for Berwick well everyone apart from our management it seems.

Sorry for you fans having to put up with this signing , whatever are your management thinking of. Just a mystery to me ,I could name for you at least 8 riders that would do a much better job for you and at least 2 of them would be English and all 8 I would think available to sign , clearly your management have not been doing there homework.

Sorry for you fans having to put up with this signing , whatever are your management thinking of. Just a mystery to me ,I could name for you at least 8 riders that would do a much better job for you and at least 2 of them would be English and all 8 I would think available to sign , clearly your management have not been doing there homework.

It's super frustrating especially when all your closest rivals are all streets ahead of you every year.

We are so far behind Newcastle, Edinburgh and Glasgow when it comes to on the track.

What I would pay to have someone like George English run our team.

• Like 1

Hell of a fuffing result, and moving on. Come on Sunday night, Yeah!

It's super frustrating especially when all your closest rivals are all streets ahead of you every year.

We are so far behind Newcastle, Edinburgh and Glasgow when it comes to on the track.

What I would pay to have someone like George English run our team.

I can understand your feelings and frustration Panthers are on a low ebb at the moment but we cannot fault Ged Rathbone's efforts he's doing a great job and is very ambitious to gain success but is being thwarted by the B.S P. A , when attempting to make changes due to a same day technicality . In the bandit's case it's a bit different as there still some middle order riders out there who would be an improvement for you all it takes is a bit of time and a bit of research, no disrespects to Henning Bager but he's a small technical track rider who lacked any sort of consistency in his previous spells over here definitely not suited to Berwick.

Good comeback from the guys and gotta say funny to see the sulking clown who drove the victory parade pick up truck as fast as he could round the track and back into the pits with our lads clinging on.

Faster than some of the bandits

• Like 1

Agree with most on here poor from the Bandits Seb apart not a good meeting to watch this is whats going to happen every Saturday night when decent teams come calling we need at least 5 of our team to be on top form.Well done to Newcastle who with a full Diamonds team would have hammered us more IMO

• Like 3

On the face of things a home defeat to a very impressive Newcastle team isn't all that bad, but the manner of Berwick`s defeat and the total collapse in the second half of the meeting is unacceptable. Ten points up at the end of Ht8, to go on to lose by eight takes a bit of doing but Berwick managed it. Weaknesses in the team last night were a No1 who only scored five and never won a race, the No4 position in the team that has proved to be a problem so far this season and an inability throughout the whole team, Alden apart, to get out of the starts which is a worry because on other threads I`m reading on our away meetings that our riders are out gating the home riders, maybe out track preparations need looking at so we provide a track where our riders can gate.

Berwick have made a number of strides forward but last night was a step back.

• Like 1