British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Shale Searcher

Leicester Lions V Poole Pirates, Mon 9th May 2016 @ 19:30

Can see Poole getting twitchy now due to their inability to win away. Expect full cheat mode to be implemented any time soon.

Sad times.

Your quite right, sad times, we should be doing better... ;)

There has to be another change at Poole surely this side looks well beatable.What is it with some people and Newman all of us who have commented about him quite like him as a rider but Worrall is a genuine No 1 PL rider now.And i maintain certainly away from home Newman will not cope in the top five a reserve at best.

Edited by Sidney the robin

Well that is half a day of my life I won't get back. Like watching p&p. No passing and riders all spread out.

Worrall actually made a gate and won. Got three. Badly need Kyle back fit and well. His absence was the difference tonight. Also Lawson who scored well.

Not a single pass all meeting other than heat 15 when Hans off gate four cut back under Wozniak and Lawson to join Holder coming off the back straight of bend two.

In all the years of watching speedeay I dont think I have ever experienced no passing.

I suppose I am lucky watching my speedway at Poole where there is passing galore in virtually every heat inside and out. I am sure Leicesters track could be improved no end and hope it will be.

For Leicester

Wozniak was excellent until heat 15

Auty one good ride but poor other than that

Summers gated in the important heat 14.

Hougard was poor after heat one.

Lawson battled hard good guest

Klindt was gating wel and no one could get close until his bike blew up.

Starke battled.

For Poole

Hans started poorly but goy better

Buck struggled

Ellis did OK

Bjarne did OK

Holder see Hans

Brady battled

Worrall wobled.

Fair result. To come back from12 down to get a draw is good. Could have been better.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

stupid decision

Why is it stupid? Prior to that heat Worall came 2nd and Ellis last. Can see why it was done. And they were both on the same points? Edited by lisa-colette

Well that is half a day of my life I won't get back. Like watching p&p. No passing and riders all spread out.

Worrall actually made a gate and won. Got three. Badly need Kyle back fit and well. His absence was the difference tonight. Also Lawson who scored well.

Not a single pass all meeting other than heat 15 when Hans off gate four cut back under Wozniak and Lawson to join Holder.

In all the years of watching speedeay I dont think I have ever experienced no passing.

I suppose I am lucky watching my speedway at Poole where there is passing galore in virtually every heat inside and out. I am sure Leicesters track could be improved no end and hope it will be.

For Leicester

Starke battled.

For Poole

Buck struggled

Ellis did OK

Bjarne did OK

Holder see Hans

Brady battled

Worrall wobled.

Fair result. To come back from12 down to get a draw is good. Could have been better.

Adam will be better next Wednesday, and i bet Worrell doesn't wobble when he rides for BV... :rofl:

Not a single pass all meeting other than heat 15 when Hans off gate four cut back under Wozniak and Lawson to join Holder.

For Leicester

Starke battled.

For Poole

Buck struggled

Ellis did OK

Bjarne did OK

Holder see Hans

Brady battled

Worrall wobled.

Like last week Poole was a dust bowl wasn't it ? if you think the racing at Poole is great everyweek you must be easily pleased.

On his last two visits to Leicester, Newman scored 6+2 and 9+2, which is far better than the 3 Worrall scored.

and on his last visit to Lakeside ,Newman got 6 +2 and Worrall got 17+1, so what point you trying to make???

Worrall doesn't score well at Leicester so you have to question the booking then??

Try reading my response to Blupanther when I said Newman would have scored more than Worrall tonight!!!

One poor meeting on a track he doesn't ride well at doesn't make Worrall a worse rider.

Only 2 people on the thread have said Newman is better and we all know who. There isn't any evidence to suggest otherwise

• Like 1

Why is it stupid? Prior to that heat Worall came 2nd and Ellis last. Can see why it was done. And they were both on the same points?

Worral had won the reserve race, Ellis is a Poole rider, what good is replacing one of your team for a guest who up until the reserve race had done nothing ?

• Like 1

Not a single pass all meeting other than heat 15 when Hans off gate four cut back under Wozniak and Lawson to join Holder coming off the back straight of bend two.

For Leicester

Starke battled.

For Poole

Buck struggled

Ellis did OK

Bjarne did OK

Holder see Hans

Brady battled

Worrall wobled.

I have agreed the Newman would have outscored Worrall tonight........but he isn't a better rider.

Hans passed 2 riders in the last and updates said Hans led and slowed the race up for Holder to pass the 2 Leicester boys?

I agree you must be lucky to watch at Poole .............at least Leicester is the only track worse in the league!

Worral had won the reserve race, Ellis is a Poole rider, what good is replacing one of your team for a guest who up until the reserve race had done nothing ?

Because quite clearly Ellis was struggling and Worrall had just won a race. Surely you want to win a meeting so dropping your own rider has to be the right call.

and on his last visit to Lakeside ,Newman got 6 +2 and Worrall got 17+1, so what point you trying to make???

Worrall doesn't score well at Leicester so you have to question the booking then??

Try reading my response to Blupanther when I said Newman would have scored more than Worrall tonight!!!

One poor meeting on a track he doesn't ride well at doesn't make Worrall a worse rider.

Only 2 people on the thread have said Newman is better and we all know who. There isn't any evidence to suggest otherwise

You can't judge a rider's overall ability on Lakeside's track!! Newman would have scored more tonight but i agree Worrall is overall the better rider. Why Hans and Holder were so bad at the start of the meeting i don't know but it sounded a bit gate and go tonight so glad i didn't bother going.

You can't judge a rider's overall ability on Lakeside's track!! Newman would have scored more tonight but i agree Worrall is overall the better rider. Why Hans and Holder were so bad at the start of the meeting i don't know but it sounded a bit gate and go tonight so glad i didn't bother going.

thanks for your honesty re Newman and Worrall. You can't really judge a rider on Leicesters track either!

thanks for your honesty re Newman and Worrall. You can't really judge a rider on Leicesters track either!

No true! Looks like Starke did pretty well too, really liked him last year always gives plenty of effort.

• Like 2

As excellent as the Kings Lynn meeting was, this was a complete contrast not one notable pass all night.

The track remains a mystery, the last meeting against KL was excellent with passing in most races & easily the best EL meeting we seen, but tonight as other posters have said there were no passes after bend 2, lap1. Can't understand why? . Perhaps Glyn could tell why the track was so different tonight.

In heat 15 Holder led and Hans cut back up the inside to join him. Updates is wrong.

Gavan if you think Poole is the next worse track to Leicester you know nothing clearly about EL speedway.

I visit every track in the EL and at Poole we are lucky to havd a track that allows passing on all four bends.

I would say the new BV track could be the best, time will tell. Wolves has plenty of passing if you like small tracks. And Poole with flat out racing and loads of passing. Kings Lynn used to have good raing but all reports say its Poor now.

If you take off your anti Poole specs or pay a visit you will see with your own eyes. Or watch Poole v BV on Sky soon.

• Like 3