British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gresham

Building A 'scale' Model Speedway Track...

I was lucky enough to have seen speedway at both those great stadia and, was at the last ever meeting at Custom House in '72.

Brilliant, Girls and Beer - how much money have I spent chasing and trying to enjoy both, but as two divorces, no current partner and a big belly testifies, I only found success with one of the two.

Never give up son...just find someone with an equally big belly, like wot I did. Only the other day I was at the gym and said to the trainer "Which machine do I need to use to impress that lass over there?. He replied "Try the cash-machine outside the door you fat sod". As long as someone has two arms and two legs you're in with a chance...don't have to have own teeth and hair at that age. And you get discounted meals and travel when 60...it's great.

• Like 2

Never give up son...just find someone with an equally big belly, like wot I did. Only the other day I was at the gym and said to the trainer "Which machine do I need to use to impress that lass over there?. He replied "Try the cash-machine outside the door you fat sod". As long as someone has two arms and two legs you're in with a chance...don't have to have own teeth and hair at that age. And you get discounted meals and travel when 60...it's great.

Great post! Perhaps I should be careful who I agree with in case I'm brushed with belonging to a clique on here...as has been suggested elsewhere!

• Like 1

Thank You. That's one of the best posts that I have ever read on here. Tears are literally rolling down my chins, as I laugh my follicly challenged head right off.

• Like 1

Thank You. That's one of the best posts that I have ever read on here. Tears are literally rolling down my chins, as I laugh my follicly challenged head right off.

At least you save money by avoiding the barbers .

• Like 1

At least you save money by avoiding the barbers .

Indeed, must be at least ten years since I opened a barber's door.

Talking of doors, my stomach has opened a few doors for me, so not all bad.

• Like 2

Great post! Perhaps I should be careful who I agree with in case I'm brushed with belonging to a clique on here...as has been suggested elsewhere!

Life's too short to argue with some anonymous person on the internet. No time for that, I'm off to the garage to put a card in my bike's back-wheel and do some cycle speedway with the local kids.

• Like 2

Life's too short to argue with some anonymous person on the internet. No time for that, I'm off to the garage to put a card in my bike's back-wheel and do some cycle speedway with the local kids.

Totally agreed. Unfortunately a lot of the ladies that I have chased have said that it's not just life that's too short when they look at me - and I'm 5' 10'', so guess they aren't talking just about my height. Enjoy getting sideways with the kids.

• Like 2

Totally agreed. Unfortunately a lot of the ladies that I have chased have said that it's not just life that's too short when they look at me - and I'm 5' 10'', so guess they aren't talking just about my height. Enjoy getting sideways with the kids.

Don't chase 'em it scares them when you run after them, especially after dark. Sounds a bit rude... sideways with kids!

• Like 2

Don't chase 'em it scares them when you run after them, especially after dark. Sounds a bit rude... sideways with kids!

Ah, no, not physically chased (I stopped doing that at 15/16 I think - haven't been anywhere near fit since then). Chased as in woo'd, chatted up, wined and dined, performed tricks on my unicycle for and, told them that - no their bums were not big; yes, they were really pretty first thing in the morning and; no, it didn't matter if they threw up in my kitchen sink - all classy ladies as you can tell. Then of course, burgers cannot be juicers.

Hmmm, I guess on reflection 'getting it sideways with the kids' could have nefarious connotations, so best scrub that comment and go with - enjoy your early night.

Edited by macca56
  • Like 2

Great double act lads!

Really enjoyed reading your banter...so much lighter on here!

• Like 1

Agreed Steve, apart from the Ipswich thread and a few comments with Mr A Orlov, I tend to keep my nose under the parapet and my eyes on the Days of Yore posts.

Hope you haven't had too bad a time of it elsewhere. You're one of the good guys.

• Like 1

Great thread chaps...wish I had the tenacity to stay away from certain areas of the forum...its much more fun down here :-)

• Like 2

Agreed Steve, apart from the Ipswich thread and a few comments with Mr A Orlov, I tend to keep my nose under the parapet and my eyes on the Days of Yore posts.

Hope you haven't had too bad a time of it elsewhere. You're one of the good guys.

Thanks! Yes it's somewhat more leisurely on the 'alternative' threads and one feels that you don't have to be constantly on your guard! I know that John Berry wasn't a particular fan of social media and/or public forums as he found it frustratingly difficult to conduct a sensible 'debate' when trying to win an argument!

• Like 1

That's one thing JB did get right, Steve.