British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Poland V Rest Of World Sunday 15th May Warsaw Live On Tv

Bit slow with the line-ups for this 2nd meeting in 2 days(GP on day 1) it`s on polish TV. Start time is 2pm local.

Ole Olsen is team manager for the ROW team.

Edited by racers and royals

line-ups

Polska:
1. Maciej Janowski
2. Piotr Pawlicki
3. Patryk Dudek
4. Pawel Przepelski
5. Bartosz Zmarzlik
6. Maksym Drabik

Reszta Świata:
1. Grigorij Łaguta (Rosja)
2. Antonio Lindbaeck (Szwecja)
3. Jason Doyle (Australia)
4. Martin Vaculik (Słowacja)
5. Niels Kristian Iversen (Dania)
6. Peter Kildemand (Dania)

Hampel ??? surely not !

Why not ? I think he`s pretty close to being ready- he just thought the cut-throat nature of a GP might not be the best for his initial meeting back.

I had just read that Hampel is not ready to race in the Warsaw SGP and will be replaed by Freddie Lindgren. So I assumed he would not be fit enough to ride one day later in the Warsaw test match versus the Rest of the World. But if he regards this match as an oppportunity to test his race fitness, he might possibly turn up and take his place. We'll see.

Why not ? I think he`s pretty close to being ready- he just thought the cut-throat nature of a GP might not be the best for his initial meeting back.

Good idea to come back in this. Sure to be less pressure than a GP or Ekstraliga match.

Meeting is live on TVP 1 channel programme starts at 12.55 pm uk time -1st showing on TVP SPORT is 10 pm Sunday evening. I am not sure if the TVP regional stations are covering it live.

http://soccer-live.pl/transmisje.php?id=motorsport

http://www.telewizjada.net/

http://www.meczyki.pl/

http://livelooker.com/en/tv,7,speedway.html

http://yoy.tv/channels/272

One further thought - Ole Olsen and crew will have to work extremely hard overnight to get the track in reasonable shape for the meeting, with practice on Friday, then the GP it will be the equivalent of 3 meetings in 3 days.

• Like 1

I had just read that Hampel is not ready to race in the Warsaw SGP and will be replaed by Freddie Lindgren. So I assumed he would not be fit enough to ride one day later in the Warsaw test match versus the Rest of the World. But if he regards this match as an oppportunity to test his race fitness, he might possibly turn up and take his place. We'll see.

sportowefakty.pl are reporting that young Przedpelski is to replace Jarek Hampel

• Like 1

sportowefakty.pl are reporting that young Przedpelski is to replace Jarek Hampel

The Poles should have brought in Tomek Gollob - he would have been the perfect replacement for Hampel in this match

line-ups

Polska:

1. Maciej Janowski

2. Piotr Pawlicki

3. Patryk Dudek

4. Pawel Przepelski

5. Bartosz Zmarzlik

6. Maksym Drabik

Reszta Świata:

1. Grigorij Łaguta (Rosja)

2. Antonio Lindbaeck (Szwecja)

3. Jason Doyle (Australia)

4. Martin Vaculik (Słowacja)

5. Niels Kristian Iversen (Dania)

6. Peter Kildemand (Dania)

No World Champion? Is he worried about burn-out?

Gollob deserves a better fare-well than what he got at last year's Warsaw SGP fiasco. This Poland vs RoW on the Sunday in the National Stadium would have been the perfect opportunity to honor him for his great achievements for Polish speedway. Compared with Tomek Gollob, Pawel Przedpelski is an extremely poor choice as a replacement for Hampel.

• Like 3

Does anyone have a programme sheet for this 6 man format? I like to be able to mark my own as the meeting goes along.

Thanks in advance :)

Does anyone have a programme sheet for this 6 man format? I like to be able to mark my own as the meeting goes along.

Thanks in advance :)

The format they used last year was this (all R B W Y):

1 - 9 10 2 1

2 - 11 12 4 3

3 - 13 14 6 5

4 - 12 12 2 1

5 - 13 14 4 3

6 - 9 10 6 5

7 - 13 14 2 1

8 - 9 10 4 3

9 - 11 12 6 5

10 13 10 4 1

11 - 9 12 6 3

12 - 11 14 2 5

13 - 13 10 1 3

14 - 11 14 4 1

15 - 9 12 2 5

The Polish website Sportowe Fakty should have the race chart up on their website over the weekend. The link is: http://sportowefakty.wp.pl/zuzel/wydarzenie/60876 Right now it doesn't even have the teams listed but that will change during Saturday.

As you can see from the above the home side is numbered 9-14 and the away 1-6, and that yellow is the heat-leader helmet colour, not white as over here and in Sweden. I hope this helps.

• Like 1

No World Champion? Is he worried about burn-out?

No Woffy, no Holder, no Hancock, no Pedersen ... it's a Rest of the World B team

No Woffy, no Holder, no Hancock, no Pedersen ... it's a Rest of the World B team

Very much so, but you'd have thought the World Champion was a 'must'.

The Poles ran a series of rather contrived meetings under this format last year. So far it looks like this is the only one of its type this season. Still, as long ass the two sides are evenly-matched it should be worth a look.