British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Argos

Dan Bewley

Well Cook didn't want to 'be there' and he lives near.

I think it was Workington who didn't want Cook there...

Lawson stayed there for a number of years until he was a number 1. The conflict between Cook and Lawson probably got in the way and had to chose between one or the other.

With Steve Lawson being a big family friend of the Bewley's and part of the backroom team at Workington then it doesn't take a rocket scientist to work it out. You can see Dan in the pits most Saturday's at Workington as well when he isn't riding elsewhere. Top kid.

First time I've seen him race last night at Rye for Belle Vue. First impressions are he looks very tidy on the bike. Looks about 12 though

Haha Josh Bailey 2.0!

Not seen him ride, but reading about him he sounds a very useful prospect.

The last rider I saw dominating races at this level the way he seems to be was Darcy Ward.

Like Ben says, Rob Lambert. Or Adam Ellis, Perks or Wajtknecht.

Haha Josh Bailey 2.0!

Like Ben says, Rob Lambert. Or Adam Ellis, Perks or Wajtknecht.

Perks? He got 3 Saturday albeit bad luck but still....

Perks? He got 3 Saturday albeit bad luck but still....

The original post mentioned riders who starting winning races from the minute they entered the NL. Perks did with Scunthorpe Stags, he got 20 in like his third or fourth meeting.

The original post mentioned riders who starting winning races from the minute they entered the NL. Perks did with Scunthorpe Stags, he got 20 in like his third or fourth meeting.

oh ok didn't see that

• Like 1

Only really went to Monmore tonight to see this kid and very impressed, he managed to beat Max Clegg in one of his rides. Defo one for the future

Only really went to Monmore tonight to see this kid and very impressed, he managed to beat Max Clegg in one of his rides. Defo one for the future

Looking at his scores over the last few days, he seems to tire towards the end of the meeting, which isn't surprising given his age, size and the workload he's put through (6 or 7 rides).

With Branford, Morley and Clegg scalps already I was keen to see how he handled Adam Ellis on Friday. Sadly it wont happen.

• Like 1

I've said it before on here Dam Bewley is a magnificent prospect. Reminds me of Chris Morton when he started out.

It won't be long before he features in a British Final (which is meant as a compliment rather than a comment on the rest of British Speedway).

I hope he has a long and successful career.

• Like 2

I've said it before on here Dam Bewley is a magnificent prospect. Reminds me of Chris Morton when he started out.

It won't be long before he features in a British Final (which is meant as a compliment rather than a comment on the rest of British Speedway).

It may not be a comment on this rest of British speedway but, it does fit & if the cap fits.

• Like 1

Blimey at this rate in a few years the GP podiums will be full of british riders. Zach Waj, JPB and now Bewley these future world champions are popping up almost once a fortnight!

Now being serious ive not seen Bewley ride yet but im sure he has a long way to go just like all the others and there are plenty of things that can happen along the way but i do wish him a long and successful career. Just hope he can continue to enjoy his racing without all the hype as i suspect the enjoyment factor at present is part of his success.

• Like 1

The strange way the BSPA runs the sport anything can happen! Our current highest averaged rider, even above Tai, isn't even in the semi-finals! That's Ellis btw.

The kid is just 16 and needs to grow physically. At the moment he's getting through a lot of work, 6 or 7 races a meeting. As long as he's looked after properly after he'll have an excellent career

Edited by Shads
  • Like 3

For me, I don't think you can really tell what a rider's future holds until they've had their first big bang up & how they come back from it.

But this Bewley kid does sound promising and fingers crossed for British Speedway he makes it because we're truly lacking any future on the international scene right now