British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Pogo1

Glasgow V Scunthorpe , Sunday 8th May, 3pm.

Because hes riding against NL riders and PL second strings which is his level, never been a top boy in the PL

He has been in the top 8 /12 averages in the PL a couple of times also if you look he has had two 16 point totals this year and could of had two 18 point

Maximums if you look back.Not as bad as you make out odviously disappointing but not the mug you you make out.

if i was a glasgow fan . i would not go to watch that every sunday .. waste of mulla .

cook to sign for scunny now.... in the best interest of course ...

Edited by jenga

Do you ever get the feeling sometimes speedway is digging it own grave. :(

• Like 1

and the bspa are supplying the nails ...........

and the bspa are supplying the nails ...........

Cant really do alot of digging with nails, but I get what your saying.

• Like 3

Its going to be long season for scunny. Team of racers not sure about that wooden spoon for sure colin mills

That was pretty lamentable . I don't care how strong the home side are , 19 points in 15 heats of speedway is pathetic . I've seen second halfers attack the track with more determination than some of the Scunthorpe riders today . The worst visiting performance to Glasgow since a Milton Keynes side on a wet Wednesday October night in 1993 . And at least they had Troy Butler scoring double figures .

Ryan Douglas apart , the Scorpions were truly dreadful .

Big payday for our boys , but meetings like that does the sport no good at all

Been watching the Scopions/Stags since the Ashby Ville days and to say this team is lack lustre is an under statement. Last year I too went to Glasgow, to watch our relatively strong team get beaten by the Tigers. This year no way was I going to drive 5 hours each way, to witness a severe drubbing that was always on the cards.

Holub-- bad signing, Lyager weak again-( if it happens) and the rest so inconsistent. Speedway is all about preparation ,skill and confidence and the current Scorpion set up is sadly lacking in all areas. We need a big hitter soon, or crowds will dwindle to just the usual hard core couple of hundred. It will be interesting to see what positive spin the two Robs can put on this inept performance.

• Like 1

Our fixtures have been a bit like that though. I don;t expect too many days like tht this season, although at the moment at home we must be just about the strongest team in the league. A couple of tough away meetings coming up and we've got all the decent sides still to come.

Was absolutely woeful from Scunthorpe though. But the weather was nice.

Been watching the Scopions/Stags since the Ashby Ville days and to say this team is lack lustre is an under statement. Last year I too went to Glasgow, to watch our relatively strong team get beaten by the Tigers. This year no way was I going to drive 5 hours each way, to witness a severe drubbing that was always on the cards.

Holub-- bad signing, Lyager weak again-( if it happens) and the rest so inconsistent. Speedway is all about preparation ,skill and confidence and the current Scorpion set up is sadly lacking in all areas. We need a big hitter soon, or crowds will dwindle to just the usual hard core couple of hundred. It will be interesting to see what positive spin the two Robs can put on this inept performance.

What has happened to Josh Auty ? Three or Four years ago I watched him being the most entertaining rider on show as him and Ricky Ashworth won the PL Pairs at Somerset for Sheffield . Today I watched the same rider ride like a complete novice .

This result isn't in the best interests of the sport, I think the result should be void.

I agree , Scunthorpe did for speedway today what a talentless singer with a leek hanging out his back pocket , did for music
  • Like 2

I agree , Scunthorpe did for speedway today what a talentless singer with a leek hanging out his back pocket , did for music

Glasgow was rocking today what with the 5th title in a row going to Paradise and this humping