British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Pogo1

Glasgow V Scunthorpe , Sunday 8th May, 3pm.

:P

Glasgow was rocking today what with the 5th title in a row going to Paradise and this humping

Was watching the Aberdeen comeback in the Horseshoe bar , till I got bored and went to the speedway

We're in bother! that was Saints-esque. Do a rollback to 13hts and its 65-13 and the Saints were regularly done over in 1972 by these sort of scores. Irony is Lunna banging in a paid max ooch !. On the Scunthorpe 2016 thread earlier I suggested we sign Cookie and frankly we need a rider like him without question; is it a financial gamble worth taking ? Its a dilema for the Scunny management; no one wants to see riders out of work but theres a window now and perhaps some difficult decisions will be made ? After this we need Cook; Compton and Procter ! and I dont like saying that because I would always back the team. There was precious little speedway at Glasgow by the looks of things and that cannot be good for Glasgows business or indeed speedway generally. I am sure that the management will be looking at this and trying to work out the best way forward. But its important to stick together and take time to reflect on what went so wrong.

Edited by the outsider

We're in bother that was Saints-esque do a rollback to 13hts and its 17-61 and the Saints regularly done over in 1972 by these sort of scores. Irony is Lunna banging in a paid max ooch !. On the Scunthorpe 2016 thread earlier I suggested we sign Cookie and frankly we need a rider like him without question; is it a financial gamble worth taking ? Its a dilema for the Scunny management; no one wants to see riders out of work but theres a window now and perhaps some difficult decisions will be made ? After this we need Cook; Compton and Procter ! and I dont like saying that because I would always back the team. There was precious little speedway at Glasgow by the looks of things and that cannot be good for Glasgows business or indeed speedway generally. I am sure that the management will be looking at this and trying to work out the best way forward. But its important to stick together and take time to reflect on what went so wrong.

What went wrong was basically two riders , Auty and Davies , looking shadows of the riders that we know they can be . Two second strings , Wilkinson and Morris , who are basically reserves , trying manfully to cope with home riders much better than they are . A substandard foreigner , riding at reserve , clearly not up to it , and a young lad just setting out in the sport . Only Ryan Douglas gave any resistance to the home team's onslaught .

What went wrong was basically two riders , Auty and Davies , looking shadows of the riders that we know they can be . Two second strings , Wilkinson and Morris , who are basically reserves , trying manfully to cope with home riders much better than they are . A substandard foreigner , riding at reserve , clearly not up to it , and a young lad just setting out in the sport . Only Ryan Douglas gave any resistance to the home team's onslaught .

Scunthorpe are woefully understrength at 34 points and thats not the riders fault. Matches like this skew riders averages particularly the middle and lower order guys who wouldnt normally hit these scores.

Scunthorpe are woefully understrength at 34 points and thats not the riders fault. Matches like this skew riders averages particularly the middle and lower order guys who wouldnt normally hit these scores.

Aye true , paid maximum for Lunna and 6 plus 2 for Ayres is very welcome , but they wont come close to those scores again this season in all likliehood

Can't wait for the excuses tmrrow..we were up against a strong Glasgow team..they are one of the fancied teams..blah blah blah...disgraceful 😡

Think scunny team turned up and took one look at the grippy track and that was it beat before they started never attacked the track

Think scunny team turned up and took one look at the grippy track and that was it beat before they started never attacked the track

Can't see a grippy track being the problem.

Crikey I thought my lot were bad last week but this result is dreadful.

I am just glad it appears Lunna's Perm wasn't there to witness this or there would have been all hell to pay.

Or was it?

Scunthorpe are aiming to be the first team with 7 riders on a 3 point average.

Edited by Alan Jones