British Speedway Forum
Aces51

Belle Vue V Swindon 11 May, 2016.

Got to say the Colts meetings so far have been superb, far better racing than the EL. I cant see me missing any meetings at this level after admittedly being a tad sceptical to begin with. The level is far better than the last time i saw an NL meeting.

If only more people would open their minds like this and give NL a chance. I'm delighted you tried and have had your reward.

• Like 2

Major News

The management want to create more of an atmosphere at the stadium and have the groups of supporters from each club in specific areas so starting on May 30th all away supporters will only be allowed on the back straight between bends 2 and 3. Because they will have no access to the rest of the stadium the old bar will be reopened.

More passes than you can count fingers, but the best race of the night was heat 13... Good PR that... Practice, good riders shouldn't need practice, they should be able to fathom the lines out for themselves quickly. So you just think they can just turn up and practice? If you do you are totally clueless.

It might help if you read posts more carefully. He was talking about the excellent Colts match last night, not the previous week. In any event the best race of the night doesn't mean the other races were not also good. As for practicing, Belle Vue have the facility for riders to do so and no matter your opinion, of course it can help them to find the racing lines. Otherwise, if you gained nothing from riding a track more often, there would be no such thing as home track advantage. . I suppose you'll be telling me next that Poole riders have never had a practice session.

• Like 1

Got to say the Colts meetings so far have been superb, far better racing than the EL. I cant see me missing any meetings at this level after admittedly being a tad sceptical to begin with. The level is far better than the last time i saw an NL meeting.

Same at Coventry for the Storm matches. Although they lost last night to Kings Lynn the racing was really good and that's all I'm interested in. It's just a shame that the majority of Bees fans obviously have a preconceived idea that it's not as good as E.L. so won't even give it a try.

It might help if you read posts more carefully.

Wasting your time telling Starman to read posts carefully as he's been told umpteen times before.

It might help if you read posts more carefully. He was talking about the excellent Colts match last night, not the previous week. In any event the best race of the night doesn't mean the other races were not also good. As for practicing, Belle Vue have the facility for riders to do so and no matter your opinion, of course it can help them to find the racing lines. Otherwise, if you gained nothing from riding a track more often, there would be no such thing as home track advantage. . I suppose you'll be telling me next that Poole riders have never had a practice session.

Fair comment. Yeh we do, P&P day...

Not a very good bit of wit from the forum has been..

Yes it was!

Yes it was!

Says mr Happy ;)

Edited by Starman2006

Not a very good bit of wit from the forum has been..

Looks like it's made a lot of us laugh, so it's just you on your own. Again. Surprising that.

Major News

The management want to create more of an atmosphere at the stadium and have the groups of supporters from each club in specific areas so starting on May 30th all away supporters will only be allowed on the back straight between bends 2 and 3. Because they will have no access to the rest of the stadium the old bar will be reopened.

Great news but I'm concerned away fans could clash with the notorious "Back-Straight Bog Crew", and selling alcohol can only increase the problems, a daft move IMO. Will extra stewards be employed, and new fences erected to counter this?

Nobody has bothered to 'rip' your posts because there is a grain of truth but you seem to be one of those fans who needs to see passing to see a good race? Each to their own, it is a bit frustrating when you watch a rider busting a gut to get past and there doesn't seem to be enough in the track but I enjoy close racing with or without passing and there was plenty of close racing on Wednesday.

I think you did suggest the only line was around the kerb, well it wasn't was it? Harris passed Nicholls by riding the outside to build his speed, Zagar did something similar while Morris was mid track and not round the kerb and still won, Jacobs rode mid track with both the Swindon lads either side for the whole race. Grajczonek rode around the outside of both Nicholls and Morris.

Fwiw Hyde Road was exactly the same when it was dug up and relaid after the real burst pipe incident, Roy Carter got plenty of stick off my Dad and his mate but within a couple of weeks the track was back to normal.

Actually, its so not so much a matter of passing as knowing that the rider behind is able to pass. That's the difference between good racing and follow my leader, however close together the riders might be.

As an example, I went up to Berwick the other week and the riders weren't particularly spaced out but there was one pass all night. The thing is standing there you knew that no matter how close they got , no-one was going to be able to catch the one in front (at least after a few races you knew that, anyway). You got maybe 5 seconds of excitement per race and that was it.

As you say, each to their own. You might have liked that, I didn't.

I think its true to say you could ride mid track on Wednesday and still win. Every single pass, though, was on the inside, often when riders drifted away from the kerb. I think my point was if you gated and stayed on the line, no-one was going to pass you.

I have no doubt that, properly prepared, the NSS will be a fantastic race track. As I said, I think that my reaction was partly due to expecting something special and getting nothing like it. In that, I think I am anything but alone.

Great news but I'm concerned away fans could clash with the notorious "Back-Straight Bog Crew", and selling alcohol can only increase the problems, a daft move IMO. Will extra stewards be employed, and new fences erected to counter this?

Take it from me, the one thing Belle Vue does not need is extra stewards. There are dozens of the blighters.

Edited by Halifaxtiger

Looks like it's made a lot of us laugh, so it's just you on your own. Again. Surprising that.

Your easily pleased then.. ;)

Your easily pleased then.. ;)

It was funny "Starman because those Swindon bogs do stink always have done.😂 Edited by Sidney the robin

Thank you Aces 51 saves me having to answer a post from the forum half wit.

• Like 2

Thank you Aces 51 saves me having to answer a post from the forum half wit.

Half is very idiot generous, but I guess "one millionth wit" doesn't have quite the same ring to it...
  • Like 1