British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mdmc82

Save Coventry Speedway Petition

A new petition has been started tonight that will be given to Rugby council.

Speedway at Brandon has been in place for so many years and it would be terrible to see it disappear. Without Brandon, it sadly looks like this will be Coventry's last year. 😕

Please sign & share 👍🏻🐝

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-borough-council-save-coventry-stadium?recruiter=140560865&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=share_page&utm_term=mob-xs-share_petition-custom_msg&fb_ref=Default

• Like 1

Signed of course

drop into the Premier league and 'ground share'

it would be like losing an arm if Coventry were to close, signed. The very best of luck

• Like 1

Of course ive signed and will share it on the @savecovspeedway twitter page this evening.

• Like 1

I have signed though would be better for most people in midlands to do it as they may only take notice of people who signed it in the midlands area. Hope it helps having said that anyway!

I have signed though would be better for most people in midlands to do it as they may only take notice of people who signed it in the midlands area. Hope it helps having said that anyway!

If people nationally and internationally sign the petition it shows the stadium brings in visitors from all over. All councils are keen on tourist numbers.

• Like 1

If people nationally and internationally sign the petition it shows the stadium brings in visitors from all over. All councils are keen on tourist numbers.

Okay. Well I hope that's the way they look at it! :)

I don't want to pour cold water on this but isn't this all a bit late? Wouldn't it be better to try to identify another site and then badger councils, M.Ps. etc.into submission?

I've signed it and urged readers of the Blunsdon Blog to read it and sign it - link on the front page of the blog. Good luck to everyone concerned.

http://blunsdonblog.co.uk/?p=11601

• Like 2

I don't want to pour cold water on this but isn't this all a bit late? Wouldn't it be better to try to identify another site and then badger councils, M.Ps. etc.into submission?

This is also happening. I believe there will be a meeting set up and there is a plan of a protest/march. Also submitted to Rugby Council that Brandon Stadium should be listed as a community asset.