British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mdmc82

Save Coventry Speedway Petition

This is also happening. I believe there will be a meeting set up and there is a plan of a protest/march. Also submitted to Rugby Council that Brandon Stadium should be listed as a community asset.

Hopefully Rugby council didn't see last nights bare terraces when making their decision
  • Like 1

Hopefully Rugby council didn't see last nights bare terraces when making their decision

most fans were in main grandstand , there never is a lot of fans there on an off raceday

most fans were in main grandstand , there never is a lot of fans there on an off raceday

Doesn't seem to affect them when the playoffs are on!
  • Like 1

The stock cars at the weekend was heaving going by the video I saw. Ive suggested an idea to get fans, locals and regular sports fans to attend Brandon to show the 'need' is there.

I don't want to pour cold water on this but isn't this all a bit late? Wouldn't it be better to try to identify another site and then badger councils, M.Ps. etc.into submission?

Not a snowballs of ever getting a new place , once Brandon is gone thats the end of the Bees ,

• Like 3

Signed and shared. well done to MDMC for bringing it to everybodys attention..She`s` a credit to the BEES

Edited by dornier
  • Like 2

I am pleased to add my name to the petition, and have urged Rugby Council not to allow Brandon's destruction without a cast iron guarantee that a replacement venue will be provided - and to make it a condition that Brandon continues to operate normally until such time that the replacement venue is constructed and ready to use.

I don't believe that Rugby Council are unaware of the strength of feeling over the impending loss of Brandon and I hope as many people as possible will give their support to this campaign.

• Like 2

It would be a very sad loss to speedway to lose such a fantastic speedway venue but sadly how can anyone persuade the council to keep it when the public don't support it.

Supporters wanting to save it including Horton if he does needs to get people back to fill the stadium to show there is a need for it or the council won't back a dead horse.

• Like 2

Signed and shared. well done to MDMC for bringing it to everybodys attention..She`s` a credit to the BEES

Thanks 👍🏻 lets home we can all come together to make a difference 🙏🏼

Signed, good luck to all involved with the campaign.

Signed. Chap at work goes to the stock cars so will make sure he knows about the petition

• Like 1

Signed obviously.

Why the need for a 2nd petition tho?

What happened to the first one?

Signed obviously.

Why the need for a 2nd petition tho?

What happened to the first one?

This one is to be a national heritage site.

• Like 1

This one is to be a national heritage site.

Ah ok thanks.

Almost at the 3,100 mark, good effort in less than two days.