British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Pob

Ipswich Vs Rye House Thurs 12th May Koc 1st Leg

The start or the end of the Witches season as some people have said , naaa little too early for that in my eyes .

So what Witches team will we get this coming Thursday , its been an indifferent season so far too many riders having off nights but its still very early in the season so a chance for the Witches to pull things round and gain a little confidence .

Looking forward to seeing the battles between both teams top two riders . King looked alot more on his game last night at Coventry and Covatti i think we can all forgive him for his nightmare night in the last home meeting , Kennett always looks fast at Foxhall beating King twice last season in one meeting . Robson never seen him ride at Foxhall but seems to be having a good season so far and his average this season is noting to be sniffed at .

Risager has been the Witches most consistent rider this season solid scoring but Kerr and Sarjeant have both been up and down , one race looking very quick the next struggling , will be interesting to see how they fare against two former riders in Heeps and Lanham .

Paco Paco Paco could the lad be starting to repay some of Mr Louis faith in him ? getting better with each meeting and gaining alot of support from the Foxhall crowd. Maybe his number 1 fan The Scotsman may be in attendance this Thursday to cheer him on ?

Ritchings would be nice for him if the effort he is putting in got him a few more points , surely he can beat Karger round Foxhall or has the young Dane started to show some life ? i'm sure the Rye House fans will be able to answer that one .

With the weather looking alot warmer than it has been the past few weeks at Foxhall maybe a few more on the gate , but at least we know one person will be glad and not moan their fingers are too cold to fill in his program or text .

After the early season defeat already away at Rye House the Witches need to build a lead if they want to progress , 10+ points lead is a must .

'Fraid not Pob.

I unfortunately won't be there on Thursday to see Paco romp to a paid max - I have another commitment I can't get out of!!

Not too sure about the weather being warmer though - chucking down rain here all morning and the heating has just clicked on!!

Should be a decent match though but Ippo will be too strong for Rye.

(Unless Sarj carries on with his gating antics like he did last night. The fool tried to out-psych Smiling Sam but went through the tapes instead. I laughed!!)

Doubt Ipswich will be as poor at Rye on Saturday. I expect Danny King to have a better night than his 8 points last time. Rockets will need to keep it very close on Thursday

Edited by Shads

Both legs to the home side by 10 points with a replay in September!

• Like 3

I have said a draw over the 2 legs already and I will stick with that. Really though I would like to think we will smash em. Take Kennett out and I don't see another rider that's going to score many. Heeps isn't in our team cos let's be honest not very good at foxhall, same with lanham. Robson is getting on and covatti will go faster and wider. Their number 2 can't gate for toffee where sarj can. Morley will score okay, but we have the Italian champion and I would like to think Ritchings will have the beating of karger. This is ipswich though and it's not going to work out like that.

I have said a draw over the 2 legs already and I will stick with that. Really though I would like to think we will smash em. Take Kennett out and I don't see another rider that's going to score many. Heeps isn't in our team cos let's be honest not very good at foxhall, same with lanham. Robson is getting on and covatti will go faster and wider. Their number 2 can't gate for toffee where sarj can. Morley will score okay, but we have the Italian champion and I would like to think Ritchings will have the beating of karger. This is ipswich though and it's not going to work out like that.

I'd say that's a pretty fair assessment, but this is speedway. Anything can happen

Can Rye do better than Scunny were at Glasgow?

Can Rye do better than Scunny were at Glasgow?

The Raiders would score more than Scunny did

Thats a bold statement Shads are you sure you would not like to re-consider it,???

Thats a bold statement Shads are you sure you would not like to re-consider it,???

Maybe after I've taken my tongue out of my cheek

• Like 2

Rye riders don't seem to be getting much track time apart from Morley so that could have a bearing on the performance.

Nor do most of Witches (apart from Danny)!

I'm sure I saw Sargeant last night on TV.....