British Speedway Forum
dump that clutch

Kings Lynn V Swindon - 26/05/16

Don't think this will make much difference. Rohan is riding with such confidence now & has been beating heat leaders, Justin's confidence will probably grow in the reserve slot. Doyley has been on fire & if Morris goes out on his 2nd bike first, should collect more heat wins. Onwards & upwards for Roscoe's Roobins.

• Like 3

Let's get this thread up and running for the new table toppers :D

Troy is back for Rory so what's everyone's predictions...?

Wet forecast so Batchelor to fail on his debut!

Watched the 3 Robins at Somerset on Friday and both Josh and Rohan looked fast again. Wrighty had an awkward first bend fall and looked to have hurt his left hand. He did however continue riding.

• Like 1

This will be tight. Can't see Sedgmen being as influential at reserve and stepping up from reserve to heatleader is a massive ask for Tungate.

I think King's Lynn will edge this, but it will be a good result if we come away with a point.

Weather not looking too good for this at the moment, but meeting needs to go ahead as Troy does not like a wet track.

• Like 1

In fairness given the choice I think most riders would prefer the track not to be wet. I guess the Swindon fans will be pleased to see Troy back in action after the loyal service he gave to the Robins.

Batchelor is a fine rider with stacks of talent. However his attitude stinks at times. He certainly needs a PR person because he hasn't thefaintest idea how to deliver a message. Some may argue that why should a speedway rider need such a thing....well maybe when a rider can hack off the best part of a home crowd by not considering the affect his words may have on the feelings of others (and when he is the captain of the side) then surely in situations such as was witnessed at the "farewell meeting" at Blunsdon, such an asset would come in mighty handy!

• Like 4

weather looking drier for the evening now :-)

Surely guys in Rosco you trust. I take it he was the one who gave him the captaincy. He must have seen something in him to give the job to him.

Edited by semion

He probably thought the extra responsibility would improve him both as a rider and a person. And to be honest, that wasn't a bad shout to try that. Certainly he did become more of a team man, and an improved team rider. The problem was when he was given the opportunity to talk. Especially with a microphone in front of his mouth.

• Like 1

Surely guys in Rosco you trust. I take it he was the one who gave him the captaincy. He must have seen something in him to give the job to him.

You can trust him to be in flip flops, shades and shorts when it's pizzing down :lol:

The younger riders in particular will vouch for the help encouragement and lend of a motor when they needed it most, Troys career at Swindon had it's ups and downs but i think on the whole more ups, he was most certainly an interesting member of the side and although i wish him well generally i hope he fails miserably against us!

He probably thought the extra responsibility would improve him both as a rider and a person. And to be honest, that wasn't a bad shout to try that. Certainly he did become more of a team man, and an improved team rider. The problem was when he was given the opportunity to talk. Especially with a microphone in front of his mouth.

Most of his interviews were fine in fact good to listen to but his honesty could get the better of him, didnt or doesnt really know when to lets say use diplomacy!