British Speedway Forum
Phil The Ace

Belle Vue Colts-v- Eastbourne Eagles 13/5/16

Bit of a cock up ain't it. 3 guests, 1 R/r and rumour has it that Georgie Wood has broken down en route. And a guest manager, why can't we supply someone from within our club who understands the rules to manager along side Connor. You don't have to have ridden surely, just know the rules, operate them soundly and give em a kick up the arse when needed.

Watching this one, the British semi final, Sheff Wed v Brighton and off to Stansted at 3am for my flight to Warsaw.

georgie's no-show will tip this belle vue's way now for sure, pity i thought this was going to be a close one. :cry:

Bit of a cock up ain't it. 3 guests, 1 R/r and rumour has it that Georgie Wood has broken down en route. And a guest manager, why can't we supply someone from within our club who understands the rules to manager along side Connor. You don't have to have ridden surely, just know the rules, operate them soundly and give em a kick up the arse when needed.

Watching this one, the British semi final, Sheff Wed v Brighton and off to Stansted at 3am for my flight to Warsaw.

Martin Dugard was there, why couldn't he do it?

Good meeting but easier win for the Colts then I expected.

Some great races involving Williamson/Shuttleworth and knight.

Only had two Colts meetings at the NSS, but they have proved to be very entertaining.

What a fantastic meeting. The NL boys yet again putting on a show. Both teams and riders deserve credit. Fantastic stuff

• Like 2

Can only echo Phil's sentiments, really enjoyable match. Solid team effort from the Colts, all of whom were kept honest by the Eagles, & Jake Knight in particular. Some terrific races where he was involved - hope one of those appears online soon.

Was great to see Martin Dugard at the NSS tonight, passing on his wisdom, enthusiasm & experience to the Eagles lads tonight. It did make me feel a bit old though, a class rider back in the day!

• Like 3

Adam Ellis on holiday???? Was looking forward to seeing him so very disappointed. Rubbish excuse not to come and shouldn't really get a facility.

9. Adam Ellis (2,2,3,1,1) - 9 from last nights meeting in Germany,where Adam is I guess holidaying!!! No,i suppose this meeting was booked before the NL

• Like 1

We were told some time ago that Adam had a prior engagement in Germany before he committed to the Eagles.

Result was closer than I expected with that line up last night, however there were some positives with the reserves looking as though they might be improving .

What a fantastic meeting a shear joy to watch these lads put their heart and sole into every race.Early days yet but i.m.o for entertainment value this meeting knocked spots off Wednesdays Elite league meeting.

• Like 2

What a fantastic meeting a shear joy to watch these lads put their heart and sole into every race.Early days yet but i.m.o for entertainment value this meeting knocked spots off Wednesdays Elite league meeting.

We were saying that every week last year after years of Elite stagnation. I have no wish to go anywhere near the so called 'Elite' in future.

How do you get through to the Elitists who don't even give the NL a try?

• Like 3

We were saying that every week last year after years of Elite stagnation. I have no wish to go anywhere near the so called 'Elite' in future.

Don't know but any Belle vue fans that don't give the Colts a try are missing out big time.

• Like 1

In some ways the national league is the most important.Its where future elite league riders start out and learn their trade.I'll admit to being an elitist in the past but I went to the first Colts match and was pleasantly surprised at the quality of racing and the effort put in by the riders.Its great to see new young talent emerging whether its for the Colts or the away riders and the entertainment provided so far has been every bit as good as the Elite league match.The added bonus of watching at the NSS means I will hopefully watch all Colts and Aces matches now,something I wouldn't have done at the dog track.Happy days

In some ways the national league is the most important.Its where future elite league riders start out and learn their trade.I'll admit to being an elitist in the past but I went to the first Colts match and was pleasantly surprised at the quality of racing and the effort put in by the riders.Its great to see new young talent emerging whether its for the Colts or the away riders and the entertainment provided so far has been every bit as good as the Elite league match.The added bonus of watching at the NSS means I will hopefully watch all Colts and Aces matches now,something I wouldn't have done at the dog track.Happy days

I think Belle Vue, Coventry, Kings Lynn & Rye house are a special case because many may not be able to afford too many meetings. I am getting at Eagles so called Fans who said they would never go again if they left the Elite, judging by the gates there was quite a lot of them.

Same thing I think at Birmingham, I believe their gates are down on the Elite days.

I think Belle Vue, Coventry, Kings Lynn & Rye house are a special case because many may not be able to afford too many meetings. I am getting at Eagles so called Fans who said they would never go again if they left the Elite, judging by the gates there was quite a lot of them.

Same thing I think at Birmingham, I believe their gates are down on the Elite days.

Sorry Hunter, but I think you will find the gates are up this year at Perry Barr in my opinion.

I think you are as wrong to write off the EL as those are who write off the NL.

They can both be equally good.

Its brilliant to see that the Colts meeting last night was excellent (not for me - I was due to go but my car had problems on Wednesday night coming home :angry: ) and there's no reason why the Aces meetings can't be the same.

While the full force effort put in by the NL boys is an attraction, there's no doubt that the skill and experience of the EL riders means that you are more likely to see something special.

Sorry Hunter, but I think you will find the gates are up this year at Perry Barr in my opinion.

Only been once but that's what I thought. I don't think there's a noticeable difference between EL & NL gates at Perry Barr.