British Speedway Forum
Phil The Ace

Belle Vue Colts-v- Eastbourne Eagles 13/5/16

I think Belle Vue, Coventry, Kings Lynn & Rye house are a special case because many may not be able to afford too many meetings. I am getting at Eagles so called Fans who said they would never go again if they left the Elite, judging by the gates there was quite a lot of them.

Same thing I think at Birmingham, I believe their gates are down on the Elite days.

I am one of those Eagles fans that said I would not go if they went National League. I ended up going to all home matches and more away matches than ever before last season

I was wrong about National League

• Like 2

For me so far this season i've watched Belle Vue away at Leicester and then at home to Swindon. But the Colts matches for me have been far more entertaining than the Elite meeting by a country mile! Last week we had Greaves v Armstrong and then Greaves & Payne v Armstrong in two thrilling races and last week at least quarter of the races were better than any Elite race i've saw for many years at the old B.V or on tv. Credit to the Eastbourne fans that came up and they can be proud how of their riders rode put in a great effort too for the Eagles.

• Like 1

Sorry Hunter, but I think you will find the gates are up this year at Perry Barr in my opinion.

Have to agree. The crowds for even the least attractive NL meetings have been as good as the EL meetings, with the obvious exceptions of Wolves and Coventry.

Just an observation but the NL at BV may possibly have an impact on the EL team crowds such is the value for money that exists watching the NL..

The racing in the NL is very good with plenty of passing and close racing due in the main to the similar standard (and maybe attitude) of the riders..

If someone who knew nothing about Speedway attended an NL meeting with their teenage kid and then both attended an EL meeting, they would find it hard to understand the £23 quid difference in admission that exists between the two leagues for sitting in the 'comfy seats'..

Or indeed the £18 and £14 differential that exists for the 'non comfy seating' in the Grandstand and Standing areas respectively...

Can see me getting my 'fix' more at the Colts than the EL team this year as it's a very good night's entertainment for not a lot of cash...

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 4

Just an observation but the NL at BV may possibly have an impact on the EL team crowds such is the value for money that exists watching the NL..

The racing in the NL is very good with plenty of passing and close racing due in the main to the similar standard (and maybe attitude) of the riders..

If someone who knew nothing about Speedway attended an NL meeting with their teenage kid and then both attended an EL meeting, they would find it hard to understand the £23 quid difference in admission that exists between the two leagues for sitting in the 'comfy seats'..

Or indeed the £18 and £14 differential that exists for the 'non comfy seating' in the Grandstand and Standing areas respectively...

Can see me getting my 'fix' more at the Colts than the EL team this year as it's a very good night's entertainment for not a lot of cash...

Seems to be the norm now with the people who give NL a go, is happening at Eastbourne as I've found out, hope it continues. Edited by gazzac
  • Like 1