British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
norbold

New Cross

I've just started a New Cross page on

http://community.webshots.com/user/norbold

Hope to add more as time goes on.

Well, I've got to do something while I'm off with my wisdom tooth...or, rather, without my wisdom tooth!

Any other teams anyone would like?

Edited by norbold

Any Bristol Bulldogs from the old Knowle days?

I just knew the first request would be for a team I haven't got any photos of!

Sorry, Grachan. :sad:

Well, I've got to do something while I'm off with my wisdom tooth...or, rather, without my wisdom tooth!

Norbold I am at present undertaking a little project about West Ham! any material or input would be most welcome! :rolleyes::wink::D:oops:

West Ham? Now you're talking! :D

Actually I have just found a few VERY old Bristol photos which I'll post in the next few days.

Like the pictures of NX Norbold. The ariel one especially. What with the Den close by an that. What memories. :)

Have you got one of Peter Craven in his Rangers Jacket :wink:

Actually I have just found a few VERY old Bristol photos which I'll post in the next few days.

Hooray! I'll alert my mother.

Have you got one of Peter Craven in his Rangers Jacket  :wink:

Don't start! :blink:

Just added a West Ham album and five Bristol photos under the heading Various tracks.

Edited by norbold

Crystal Palace?

Crystal Palace?

Done.

Thanks Norbold.Magic :) Any ideas on the race jackets that Shep Shepherd and Tom Farndon are wearing.Sheps seems to be a plain jacket with nothing on it.Is Toms anything to do with the Star Riders?.

Agree with newxranger the aerial view is super.Unfortunately for me it only brings back memories of the Den though.By the time i started supporting the Lions there wasnt much left of the speedway stadium .But i have stood on whats left of the terraces and wondered :D

Ah, Billy Hole, my mother's hero.

Funny there should be two pictures of Geoff Pymar, as he's featured in the one race I have from Knowle Stadium - See Here

OK, just for you, newxranger, I've added that well known Belle Vue rider who guested for New Cross in 1959 to my album..... :)

Good bit of vintage film there Grachan. Thanks for that.

The commentator is wrong about Geoff Pymar's first appearance on a speedway track by the way. He first rode at Norwich in 1930 not 1933.

I think the star was Crystal Palace's colours, iris. A lot of old photographs show riders (from many teams) with just plain body colours. I don't really know why that was. Perhaps someone can help out here?

Edited by norbold

"OK, just for you, newxranger, I've added that well known Belle Vue rider who guested for New Cross in 1959 to my album.....

Thanks Norbold that is truly a wonderful sight Peter Craven in a NX jacket. :)

Could it not have been taken on Wedenesday September the 23rd. 1959 when he won the Tom Farndon memorial trophy with a 15 point maximum though, and not when he was riding for them in a match? :unsure:

Could you not have somemore teeth out and do a lot more NewX pictures though please :wink::D