British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Super Blue

Ipswich V Edinburgh Pl 19-5-16 @ 7-30pm

AT least a win..but just...this team MUST be strengthened..but who goes & who in??

Why do riders when they become Witches under-perform ?? Is it the track??

Decent result for a team missing one of their best riders, a on the decline yank and a poor lower order.

Luckily for witches Erik wasn't riding or we could of hit 50.

4 comments since the meeting finished just shoes how exciting that meeting was !

• Like 1

Article in the programme about meetings in April/May of 1977, when fans were treated to 25 races. I was reading this at just past 8.00pm awaiting a rerun of heat 2!

• Like 1

I know we a rubbish, but that just goes to prove how rubbish we are. As for the racing, just another festival of boredom

Edited by baldyman
  • Like 1

Got out of jail with that one!

Thought Danny may have got the track record in heat 15 - after all he had already done a quarter of a lap by the time the others were away from the tapes!

• Like 2

Well, we won just! Against basically a 3 man team and totally underwhelming as It was pretty poor overall.

At this rate we'll be lucky to finish in the top 13 in the league Let alone the top 6 .

I'm not going to bother to comment on individual performances as there's nothing much worth talking about!

Nuff said, good night.

• Like 1

I thought the highlights of the evening were:

Got out of jail with that one!
Thought Danny may have got the track record in heat 15 - after all he had already done a quarter of a lap by the time the others were away from the tapes!

Ferkin Brilliant, PMSL.....

Danny was very lucky to be in the re run, he definitely came down on his own.

Greenwood didn't make much difference, I actually thought he was looking slower than Ritchings was. Maybe he will be the difference on Sunday.

Don't know why the hell I'm going, but hoping the racing will be awsome.🏁

What a load of rubbish we are.

Edited by baldyman

But we had a bit of fun in the stands well, before the zombie attack; the BBC Radio Suffolk stickers were well received, sort of; it didn't rain (much) and; the clappers created an atmosphere - well, they might have done if you hadn't left them in your car....

I think we were as bad as the referee tonight, what a joke he was. Took three attempts to get the correct exclusion light in heat 2.

At least he was consistent with the flyers, after warning Clegg in heat two he let him get away with the same start in the rerun, maybe why he let Danny get away in heat 15 to make up for it.

Lucky for the Witches that Riss was missing as only 1 point scored from his rides, sure he would've scored more. I think we saw tonight a rider who even Peter Karger could beat in Jye Etheridge. With the top Aussies skipping the Aussie Championships we get riders like this with Visas who just aren't up to the task.

Danny was very lucky to be in the re run, he definitely came down on his own.

Greenwood didn't make much difference, I actually thought he was looking slower than Ritchings was. Maybe he will be the difference on Sunday.

Don't know why the hell I'm going, but hoping the racing will be awsome.🏁

Rubbish we are and papering over the cracks. If I was in Edinburgh's shoes I would be furious that king was allowed back in 15. Master's and Fisher were nowhere near him, but sometimes you get the rub of the green. As bad as we are I think we will win most at home by the odd few, but we will come a cropper in a few. The problem is with that team we will get smashed on the road. I can see a season with no wins on the road.the likes of Plymouth and Redcar will see us as maximum points.more alarmingly wasn't the crowd poor tonight, I guess somewhere between 5 and 700. Edited by T B
  • Like 1

I'm seriously wondering why I put myself through this week after week, especially now I don't have anyone to moan to during the blooming meeting! There was not one person within 15 feet of me tonight so I really felt quite alone, I think it is obvious now that this will be the state of play for the rest of the season for me as the one who used to come with me has not been at all this season and shows no interest in doing so.

Annoyingly, had the meeting still been next week, eldest son would have come with me as he is back from uni for a short time then but with the move of meeting to this week and the next meeting the day he goes back to High Wycombe, it will be the horrible Billy no mates experience once again. If this continues for the rest of the season, I really don't know if I could face repeating the exercise next year.

• Like 1

A win that feels like a defeat and in front of a really small crowd. Hundreds down on last week. I know that this fixture was moved forward a week and I know of season ticket holders that were missing as they plan things as to not miss fixtures. They will be around next week when we now don't have a meeting. 2017 season ticket sales down a few.

The track is awful and not conducive to good racing. Is somebody different preparing it as we used to have a decent track. It does nothing for a rider like Covatti who is a thrill merchant, he has nothing to work with. Talking with people tonight, it was all doom and gloom. This is pretty much as low as it gets, the club can't continue like this surely.