British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Super Blue

Ipswich V Edinburgh Pl 19-5-16 @ 7-30pm

That German bloke is only good for about 6 points at foxhall. We are poor this year but we shouldn't struggle tonight.

6 points in one race alone.

So close to winning tonight, but for for a poor ref decision sounds like we would have achieved the impossible. Top 3 going well again, max improving and Dan chipping in a couple of points was better than expected. Just need jye to work it out.

Ipswich should have hit 60 tonight, well done monarchs

• Like 1

. I think we saw tonight a rider who even Peter Karger could beat in Jye Etheridge. With the top Aussies skipping the Aussie Championships we get riders like this with Visas who just aren't up to the task.

. Just need jye to work it out.

It pains me to say it, but given the comment of our Ipswich observer, I also doubt if JE will improve in the near future.

I reckon he has lowest points return of all the PL newcomers and the point he recorded at Foxhall was courtesy of only three riders finishing that particular heat.

How the lad is surviving on his Speedway earnings, God only knows, and it might be in the best interests of himself if he exited the PL sooner rather than later :sad:

• Like 1

It pains me to say it, but given the comment of our Ipswich observer, I also doubt if JE will improve in the near future.

I reckon he has lowest points return of all the PL newcomers and the point he recorded at Foxhall was courtesy of only three riders finishing that particular heat.

How the lad is surviving on his Speedway earnings, God only knows, and it might be in the best interests of himself if he exited the PL sooner rather than later :sad:

under visa rules he is GUARANTEED a sufficient living income and accomodation.

I reckon he has lowest points return of all the PL newcomers and the point he recorded at Foxhall was courtesy of only three riders finishing that particular heat. :sad:

He does, but Peter Karger is only a few points better - and that's largely because he has the benefit of racing in heat 2 as a reserve.

He does, but Peter Karger is only a few points better - and that's largely because he has the benefit of racing in heat 2 as a reserve.

6 of Kargers 11 points have come in the reserves race. The only riders in the 1-5 that Karger has beaten are Jake Allen and Michael Palm Toft. If this Etheridge kid is worse than Karger he must be really bad! Edited by Shads

And that's why it can be easier for foreigners than British youngsters at times, no guarantee for them or accommodation/mechanic/driver/workshop supplied for free.

• Like 1

I'm not sure this is accurate. I don't think Jye requires a visa due to patriality. His Australian results wouldn't have qualified him for one if he had. Edited by HenryW
  • Like 1

I'm not sure this is accurate. I don't think Jye requires a visa due to patriality. His Australian results wouldn't have qualified him for one if he had.

if thats the case he probably down to bread and water in a cardboard box by now. wink

Etheridge not going to cut it unless it is poor machinery that's keeping him off the pace and something can be done about it. TBH I feel for the lad going on an adventure to the other side of the world, far from family etc. I'm sure he would LOVE to be bagging points but it just isn't happening.

I think jye might be living with his brother who has a job in the Midlands.

• Like 1

But we had a bit of fun in the stands well, before the zombie attack; the BBC Radio Suffolk stickers were well received, sort of; it didn't rain (much) and; the clappers created an atmosphere - well, they might have done if you hadn't left them in your car....

You forgot the sweets and the Witches warcry...

See you all next week.... Oh no, OK then Thursday week... Oh no there isnt any in half term either!

Saturday it is then around 7.30,

Plenty of action, time to get dirty!*

* note- just like the track. Dirt not included

PS ... Baldyman you were always gonna give a bad "review" as someone nicked ya normal seat!

• Like 1

Will see you all on Thurs 9th then as Ive realised that the meal booked at the start of the year for the mother in laws 70th is Sat 4th.

Although a night with the mother in law doesnt seem so bad compared to the speedway this year!

• Like 1

Will see you all on Thurs 9th then as Ive realised that the meal booked at the start of the year for the mother in laws 70th is Sat 4th.

Although a night with the mother in law doesnt seem so bad compared to the speedway this year!

I'd rather go to the speedway than spend an evening trying to humour my mother-in-law even a day at the dentist would be an improvement on that , unless of course I was taking the mother-in-law for treatment

• Like 2

Nice to see John Campbell conveniently forgetting Clegg's roller in ht2 when he is slamming the ref for King's in the final. Clegg's turned a 5-0 into a 3-3!

• Like 3