British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
womble53

Somerset V Plymouth - Friday 20th May - League Cup

I can remember a NL meeting at Belle Vue may have been 2011 against Buxton where Robert and Jason Garrity were stopped from racing by the ref because he determined it was too wet , they were at the tapes wanting to ride and having a ball doing so.

Chopper

Remember that well, after two rides each i think four Newport riders were on a max. Wato, Lund, mads and collins? Fog was getting worse tbf but we totally outclasser somerset that night

In those days we used to stand on the third bend, that match was weird tho. We could see the riders gate, then they would disappear completely, then reappear as if by magic as they approached us on the third bend then sort of go again as they exited the fourth bend only to reappear again at the gate lol. The annoying thing about that day was as I recall was the weather had been lovely all day.

In those days we used to stand on the third bend, that match was weird tho. We could see the riders gate, then they would disappear completely, then reappear as if by magic as they approached us on the third bend then sort of go again as they exited the fourth bend only to reappear again at the gate lol. The annoying thing about that day was as I recall was the weather had been lovely all day.

It was Gold Cup day & I had been working in Cheltenham, as I did every year for the Festival, and arrived through the gates just as it was being called off

It was Gold Cup day & I had been working in Cheltenham, as I did every year for the Festival, and arrived through the gates just as it was being called off[/quot

Was it the M4 Cup Dave, cos we battered them 61-34 in the replay according to the 2005 updates, good job cos as Pinny was saying we were not at the races first time round.

Yep remember that night too and as you say it was a very nice day before it. I suppose that riders going out of view and then re-appearing made it a bit like the old County Ground. That happened there every week in perfect weather from some viewing points!

• Like 1