British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Poole Pirates Vs Belle Vue Aces 23/5/16 Sky Meeting

Well done to Belle Vue on a superb win. Track was awful but same for both teams. Bjarne and Hans rode well but no one else from the home side. Belle Vue rode the track well and if Scotty rides like that in the world cup we may have a chance.

Well done Belle Vue, a good meeting with plenty of passing but blimey what an awful track. Could not agree with the exclusion of Cook and I reckon both his starts were ok.

Swindon are visitors a week wed and going by Pool's performance tonight they could get beaten again.

We are going to get beaten by a team who struggled to get to 31 last time. Ha ha ha, good one! :D

Actually you're not. It's another ridiculous cock up in the rules.

If you're excluded for touching the tapes under SR15.3 you can be replaced by a reserve.

If you're excluded for moving at the start (but not touching the tapes) under SR15.3.1 you can't be replaced by a reserve

But how do you touch the tapes without moving?

15.3.1 is part of 15.3. If it was a different rule it would be 15.4

If the track is as consistently bad as various riders say, surely match referees will be reporting this thus prompting an SCB inspection.

Just looking at the fixtures Poole have no meetings at home for almost a month after 1 June so an ideal opportunity to sort things out.

• Like 1

To be honest I'd rather watch racing on a track like this than some of the roads we usually see.

Same here. Plenty of passing, generally exciting stuff.

Since when did the fans fall for the guff from riders that fm tracks should be motorway smooth and dull to watch? Make all tracks like this and sort the men from the boys.

People saying it was crap and embarrassing, my brother in law has never sat and watched speedway before and he enjoyed it!

Did someone really say that this Poole team would go the season unbeaten? Surely not.

im loving being a wrong on this one 😂

Makes me laugh. Can't comment on the score because of live updates and people without sky but can discuss incidents that are happening. Some of you are bloody barmy!

Edited by SCB

Threads used to be locked during meetings so people couldn't talk about it full stop.

Threads used to be locked during meetings so people couldn't talk about it full stop.

A speedway discussion forum where you can't discuss speedway! It was bad enough some tried to get chatting about gambling banned. Can't predict results, can't discuss while he meeting is taking place.

The BSF has more unwritten bazar rules than the BSPA have written rules!

If you're on updates, why would you be on here at the same time? That's just ridiculous!!!

Closed shops are a thing of the past....

• Like 1

If you're on updates, why would you be on here at the same time? That's just ridiculous!!!

Closed shops are a thing of the past....

not sure why people comment on here during a match either!

• Like 1

The only difference with the track is likely to be with what Sky Track Co-ordinator Ronnie Russell does to it!!! Lets hope Gerald Richter can do his usual great job.

God forbid its anything like Blunsdon's last Thursday!! :party:

Ronnie Russell has NO input in track prep whatsoever mate./ Let me make that perfectly clear

What's the point of having a second line behind the tapes if the start marshal and the referee don't take any notice of it?

• Like 2

Congratulations BV on your win tonight, i have no complaints about that, you fully deserved it.. :t:

Congratulations BV on your win tonight, i have no complaints about that, you fully deserved it.. :t:

Who was in charge of the track ?

A speedway discussion forum where you can't discuss speedway! It was bad enough some tried to get chatting about gambling banned. Can't predict results, can't discuss while he meeting is taking place.

The BSF has more unwritten bazar rules than the BSPA have written rules!

You can discuss it after the meeting! ;)

Who was in charge of the track ?

The normal curators..