Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Poole Pirates Vs Belle Vue Aces 23/5/16 Sky Meeting

TEAM boss Neil Middleditch admitted Pirates had surrendered home advantage against Belle Vue and insisted the Wimborne Road circuit needed vital work.

Track conditions came in for widespread criticism on social media following Monday’s 49-41 defeat to the Aces, Poole’s first home loss in 13 months.

And while praising Belle Vue for their impressive triumph, Middleditch was left concerned by feedback from his riders over the tricky nature of the track.

He told the Daily Echo: “When you are the home team, you come to expect a certain standard and, normally, a consistent track so the boys have the right set-ups.

“The fact this issue is being talked about so much proves there is something not quite right.

“In effect, it wasn’t our home track and we lost our home track advantage. Full respect to Belle Vue because they adapted better than we did and thoroughly deserved their win.

“There are holes which need to be rectified. It’s not a good mindset when your home riders are looking at the track and complaining about holes.

“They get on with the job but they expect the track to be up to a certain standard, raceable and to their advantage.

“I’m taking feedback from the riders because it’s them that has to put their lives on the line.

“The Belle Vue boys won and I don’t want people to think it’s sour grapes because it’s not.”

The track at Wimbourn road has always been suspect, even going back to the Malcolm Simmons and Michael Lee era's it was never the track that riders enjoyed racing on. Of all the tracks I've visited this one has to be the worse. It amazes me that someone, held in such high esteem as Matt Ford, still expects his riders to put their life on the line, when he could have made the track much better for them to ride.

When we visited Poole for the POSF 2 years back, they had made a ridiculous hole on the first corner, ensuring the match to be called off. Probably they are now getting there comeuppance, you cant go digging up holes in a track and expect the base to be solid...... It should have been relayed years ago....

• Like 1

Maybe they should have used the leaky pipe excuse rather than digging up the track as that has subsequently put riders at risk. The only risk with a made up flood is a fine and points deducted but then that wouldn't apply to poole.

Should have gone with the (leaky) pipedream which coincidently is where their championship hopes currently lie.

On another note, can you buy tickets online for the Kyle Newman farewell in October?

• Like 1

On another note, can you buy tickets online for the Kyle Newman farewell in October?

Wonder if that will clash with Richie Worralls at belle vue.

Some people seem to be forgetting that there is still a Poole Stadium Redevelopment Scheme sitting in someone's desk/filing cabinet or whatever which is primarily awaiting both serious funding and the Council/leaseholder's approval.

Whilst there hasn't been much in the local media about it recently, alongside Poole Council's plans to improve the town centre area, its still up for discussion.

If there is any likelihood of such a development proceeding, then I wouldn't blame Matt Ford for not shelling out huge money to 'rip up' the track now. However there is still scope to smooth out the base in certain areas which does need to be looked at.

Gerald Richter's request for better shale a couple of seasons ago was taken notice of and duly supplied, so he is listened to!!!

Sandhu relaid the Brandon track a couple of years back despite him knowing he was selling it to developers. Safety should come first.

• Like 2

The track at Wimbourn road has always been suspect, even going back to the Malcolm Simmons and Michael Lee era's it was never the track that riders enjoyed racing on. Of all the tracks I've visited this one has to be the worse. It amazes me that someone, held in such high esteem as Matt Ford, still expects his riders to put their life on the line, when he could have made the track much better for them to ride.

When we visited Poole for the POSF 2 years back, they had made a ridiculous hole on the first corner, ensuring the match to be called off. Probably they are now getting there comeuppance, you cant go digging up holes in a track and expect the base to be solid...... It should have been relayed years ago....

Funny that no one enjoys riding it but we get the better riders that want to ride in UK. If this has gone back a while why would riders like Rickardsson, Crump, Loram etc ride for us?

I understand what you are saying but seeing riders bounce around bends 3 & 4 was dangerous (Andersen & Pedersen). Also a couple of ruts on the inside.

New Post:

Well done to Hans, Bjarne, & JK last night. Those 3 riders tried their best knowing how difficult the conditions were.

C Holder please can we just sack the bloke. Chris does not want to ride for Poole. MF really needs to come to a mutual agreement. Half a straight behind S Worrall in his own backyard sums it up.

Luckily we signed Bjarne otherwise last night it would of been a hammering with Davey and Chris in the same team on that track.

OMG, he's back!

I assume you've spoken to Chris and he's told you that himself :nono: Thought not.

Yes we did it on purpose, with a large crowd and Sky in attendance. Dont be ridiculous, everybody wanted that meeting to take place.

Maybe when Eddie takes over down there he will get it all ripped up and re-laid.

Maybe when Eddie takes over down there he will get it all ripped up and re-laid.

Oh god, no!!! 🙈 Eddie can go somewhere else! Edited by lisa-colette

You really are some deluded clueless idiot arn't you. Do you or any of the other clowns on here really think a hole was dug up on purpose to have the meeting abandoned, do you ? If the riders hadn't have kicked 10 bells of sh-te out of a small hole digging for Australia it would have been retified.

Youi really do go over the top because purely and simply its POOLE.

You have absolutely no idea at all.

Edited by Starman2006

Sandhu relaid the Brandon track a couple of years back despite him knowing he was selling it to developers. Safety should come first.

Didn't work though did it??!!

I am sure that will be a comfort to the family(ies) of the rider(s) who stand to be seriously hurt on that rapidly-deteriorating track.

No serious injuries on Monday! In fact I can't recall any serious injuries at Poole due to track conditions recently.

Belle Vue riders loved it!!

Didn't work though did it??!!

No serious injuries on Monday! In fact I can't recall any serious injuries at Poole due to track conditions recently.

Belle Vue riders loved it!!

Yep your right, track is awful and dangerous if you dont attack it right.

Apart from Buck and Newman, Poole are a team of gating tarts and white liners so they cant adapt. Soon as Hans and Bjarne went out of their comfort zone they came off.

To me the track is rough but whats the point in having it like that when your own team hate it??

You really are some deluded clueless idiot arn't you. Do you or any of the other clowns on here really think a hole was dug up on purpose to have the meeting abandoned, do you ? If the riders hadn't have kicked 10 bells of sh-te out of a small hole digging for Australia it would have been retified.

Youi really do go over the top because purely and simply its POOLE.

You have absolutely no idea at all.

Why do you have to be so offensive......Answer to your question is Yes. I and others thought the track was sabotage to get the meeting cancelled.

We, had travelled 350 miles thinking we had a chance against a weakened team on a wet track. But in truth we had no chance, as the meeting was never going to go ahead. We were the mugs, travelling all that way, aware of all the previous under handed behaviour Poole are renown for.....

It won't happen again, That I can assure you .......

Funny that no one enjoys riding it but we get the better riders that want to ride in UK. If this has gone back a while why would riders like Rickardsson, Crump, Loram etc ride for us?

money-in-hand-4.png

Edited by BurntFaceMan
  • Like 1