Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
A ORLOV

Swindon - Kings Lynn 19.5.16

I have no knowledge either way but Terry Russell was at Kent on Monday evening with Roger Cearns and I was stood next to them when Roger asked how the new stadium was coming along, Terry's response was that it had started and was coming along nicely.

I heard him say it, not saying it has, just what was said

He might of meant the planning etc but I can assure you there is no sign of any work when I last looked on the 5th May.

If there is anyone who is going tonight able to take a photo of the proposed site could you please post it on here.

Edited by A ORLOV

Ask him to show you a picture then

I said I was stood near them on Monday, how do you suppose I rewind time and do that

I am not doubting what you are saying, I am quoting what was said on Monday by the promoter of Swindon

I have no connections to Terry Russell, I am a Kent supporter. He and Roger came and stood next to me, He also suggested to Roger that he could bring a Swindon team down to Kent one day this season for a friendly on a GP week but said he wouldn't want to do it on a Friday as half his riders would be at Somerset and he wouldn't want to cheat the fans.

it could all be bollocks, but I'm only stating what was said

If the stadium hasn't been started at the Abbey How did they get the timings so far out ? I take they wont have to move from the existing site until the new one is up and ready.

I thought the new stadium should be on the existing site. Also remember, Belle Vue was 3-4 years overdue

I thought the new stadium should be on the existing site. Also remember, Belle Vue was 3-4 years overdue

I thought it was the same site but not in the same like for like position, but I stand to be corrected if that is not the case.

The new stadium will be built on the current site - at the top end of the car park - furthest away from the current car park entrance. Only when the new stadium is built will the old one be removed.

They haven't started anything so no one will be moving in this year - or any other year until they start the new build!

I thought it was the same site but not in the same like for like position, but I stand to be corrected if that is not the case.

The new track is to the east of the current track with one of the straights being next to and in line with the dual carriageway and either bend 2 or 4 being very near where bend 1 of the present track is.

If you look at the adver report, next post, bend 1 is in the top left hand corner of the picture and you can see a bit of the road in the bottom left corner, so the new track is to the left of that picture.

Edited by A ORLOV

Thanks Danny, had not seen that map anywhere, have moved copy to Swindon Stadium Thread.

Re weather for the meeting tonight, just a few drops of rain but weather has been fine, it is now clouding over a bit.

Re A419 roadworks, road or lane closures after 8pm, can only find one just north of Oxford road but no indication if north or south lane.

Just keep an eye out for any signs you see around Latton as road works website is not that clear about roadworks on the A419 going north after the meeting.

Edited by A ORLOV

Just had a shower in Haydon End, about 2 miles from track, at 4.30. Dry now

Cant see any sign of start on new stadium yet, unless someone saw the old wheelbarrow there and thought this was it. Someone's telling porkies.

Can someone explain how Wilkinson is still in reserve and Huckenbech in the 1-5? Wilkinson has a higher average than big Huckenbech and Jakobsen who he (Kai Huckenbech) is replacing.

Also, if the rules are stuck to and Jakobsen is in reserve, Huckenbech cannot replace him as he can only replace 1-5 riders.

Can someone explain how Wilkinson is still in reserve and Huckenbech in the 1-5? Wilkinson has a higher average than big Huckenbech and Jakobsen who he (Kai Huckenbech) is replacing.

Also, if the rules are stuck to and Jakobsen is in reserve, Huckenbech cannot replace him as he can only replace 1-5 riders.

Perfectly OK if there is a Y in the day :P

Seriously do they still have rules in speedway :party:

• Like 1

Great win for the Robins but what a joke that one pair of reserves score 23 + 3 & the other pair score 6.

Time to be ruthless Rosco as Rohan can't cut it in the top 5 so replace him & let Charles & Justin fight it out for a spot in the top 5.

Maybe Kings Lynn should stop playing silly buggers & name Huckenbeck in the team & Jakobsen go to no 8. Edited by Crazy robin

Asked Rob Lyon. He confirmed No'8s can't be at reserve. If Jakobsen rides then Wilkinson moves into the 1-5.

Good result but very poor meeting ...Sedge looked good but Tungate looks poor the moment the track is a big rough or has any dirt on it he can hardly turn the bike around the corner

• Like 2

Maybe Kings Lynn should stop playing silly buggers & name Huckenbeck in the team & Jakobsen go to no 8.

Rules don't allow it as NBJ has British League experience. Foreign rider's have to be completely new to be No'8s