British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bigcatdiary

Peterborough V Ipswich Plc Sunday 22nd May

Come to Rye house to see some proper speedway!

That's not something you see often in the same sentence, Rye House and Proper Speedway.

• Like 2

That's not something you see often in the same sentence, Rye House and Proper Speedway.

Speedway isn't all about big fast throttle jockey tracks. It's been good this year. No complaints from Rye fans

Well I was definitely going to this but super blue has put me off, think I will decide tomorrow now, but with British super bikes on the box I probably won't bother either.

I think it's finally starting to happen, I'm now not bothered if I see the witches or not. Thanks louis, you are wrecking my love for the sport.

If they did pull the plug who would be brave or daft enough to take it on. I've always believed if it's marketed well enough and the team does well then crowds might return. Thanks to spedeworth the old reputation of foxhole is fast disappearing. A number of people have said to me in the last couple of years how much foxhall is improving as a spectator facility. It's just a pity about the dross on offer speed way wise!

Better than what ippo serve up!

It's hard to disagree with that and it pains me to say it. When they first widened the track they also made a big effort with the track surface and we saw some good racing.

Now the track has been left in a sorry state. Very little material for the riders to race on.

It's hard to disagree with that and it pains me to say it. When they first widened the track they also made a big effort with the track surface and we saw some good racing.

Now the track has been left in a sorry state. Very little material for the riders to race on.

There is probably more material in the average cat litter box... :neutral:

• Like 2

Speedway isn't all about big fast throttle jockey tracks. It's been good this year. No complaints from Rye fans

I have been going to Rye since it opened and didn't notice it was any better this year than in previous years.

Dusty, super slick and one line right next to the fence.

• Like 1

I have been going to Rye since it opened and didn't notice it was any better this year than in previous years.

Dusty, super slick and one line right next to the fence.

Which meeting was that?

Come to Rye house to see some proper speedway!

Rye House being on is potentially a bonus.

• Like 1

Rye v Peterborough 16th April

There was passing outside & inside, so there's more than just one line

Edited by Shads
  • Like 1

I've never minded rye house to be honest, yeah sometimes it has been dry house BUT what track is always brilliant?

Well I suppose it's what you are used to.

As long as you are happy with it, once or twice a season is more than enough for me.

For me it's either 5 miles to Rye or 70 miles to EoES.

During the season "layoff" at Lakeside I ventured into new territory hoping to see Craig Cook but the BSPA scuppered that but the meeting was excellent. If the weather is OK I might give it another go. With the attraction of seeing Cook, Kenneth Hansen again as well as King and Kerr (Lakeside) I reckon it tips the balance. Not big foreign "stars" of the EL but enough IMO to make for good racing.

• Like 1