British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bigcatdiary

Peterborough V Ipswich Plc Sunday 22nd May

Some one put a joke about walking a dog???? That was the good joke.

And personally I think that losing after having had a 12 point lead isn't that great, if that's okay with you?

Good stuff losing a 12 point lead? Fair enough.

Cracking joke and ain't it the truth.

scoring 45 is good stuff IMO regardless of the lead at any point.

Makes it interesting for next week - thats the real test....

Lambert done very well today.

just as well they didnt sack him!!

scoring 45 is good stuff IMO regardless of the lead at any point.

Makes it interesting for next week - thats the real test....

That's good if that's how you feel. I see it different after throwing a lead away Thursday and giving a point away and then a win away tonight. I guess that's why the world is a great place cos we are all different.

just as well they didnt sack him!!

There was never any chance of that tbh. Grondal on the other hand.......Good to see Kerr have a decent meeting at the Showground after last years horror crash, that was very pleasing to witness.

• Like 2

was told machinery problems were Ostergaards and Grondals problem.

oystercard always has the machinery excuse , he's just inconsistent ,brilliant some weeks poor others , as for grondal still don't know what to make of him , he's a head scratcher

Good meeting but alarming that Hansen has won us the meeting again and only just against a poor Ipswich team..Ostergaard and Grondal were truly awful..Stokes was on the pace but I think will struggle though u couldn't fault his effort. After such a strong performance against Sheffield today was a backward step...I'll end with positives though..Lambert superb and Cookie off to a flyer and great to see him back in Panthers colours.

Edited by Lukas
  • Like 1

I enjoyed the meeting as wasn't expecting much.King excellent for Ipswich. Once again a great guest in Hansen and some great racing from Simon Lambert. Worried about Ulrich and Emil but sure they will come good.The close result should put a few extra bums on seats next Monday.

• Like 2

That's good if that's how you feel. I see it different after throwing a lead away Thursday and giving a point away and then a win away tonight. I guess that's why the world is a great place cos we are all different.

agree it is a frustrating trend in general and one of the problems we face.

This match though was one where had we been 12 down and lost by 24 no one would bat an eyelid as that was expected.

Perhaps Im a bit too pragmatic.

I'm with the commentator. That was a bloody good speedway meeting and well worth the diesel. So for those who decided there was nothing in it for the teams and stayed away - hard luck! You missed a treat.

• Like 2

Interesting fact that this match and the last one against Sheffield were both raced on what is accepted were fairly slick Alwalton tracks and both matches have been classics.

• Like 2

Great meeting....my first one for a looooooong time ! 'twas good to be back :)

• Like 4

Interesting fact that this match and the last one against Sheffield were both raced on what is accepted were fairly slick Alwalton tracks and both matches have been classics.

Reasonably entertaining on track, but classics as a fact. You been sniffing methanol again Dick?

Edited by Crump99