British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Pirate Fid

Is Racing Realistic?

Alright all.

I'm interested in going racing instead of just practising but not sure if I fit in any classes? I'm 33 years old with a 125 pit bike engine in a speedway frame. Are there any classes that this slots in to and anyone else whose as old and slow as me to compete against? I don't want to embarrass myself by getting lapped by the next upcoming british champion!

Any need for ACU licenses, full kevlars etc?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers :drink:

Fid, you are quite young compared with some amateurs! However, while there is a junior 125cc class, you will have to compete with the 500cc novices. I have, though, seen someone do that (at Scunthorpe); he did score some points, and was not lapped. I have seen some novices lapped, but the lappers were then promoted to the next class. Hve a go - you will enjoy it.

• Like 1

Get in contact with Ian at Southern Track Riders, 07875140019. They are all amateurs from wobblers to NL standard and they will put you in the right class. Most go just for a bit of fun and 33 is young! They are also a very well run organisation who will look after you. Have fun! www.southerntrackriders.co.uk to see their events.

PS you don't need the latest kevlars for amateur racing, but get a decent crash helmet! Look up Dragons speedway also, and Scunthorpe Amateur Speedway on Facebook.

Ok to use me two piece wulf sport motox top and speedway trousers? Don't worry, got a good helmet! What about licenses?

Get hold of Richard Hollingsworth at Scunthorpe his number is on the Scunthorpe amateur thread. They have a class for every thing no need for acu licence wulf gear is acceptable he will sort you out

• Like 1

Day licences are available which you get on the day - Ian can fill you in. Be sure you sign on for insurance purposes. STR are SCB licensed and operate as members and I know they have events/practices at King's Lynn, Scunthorpe, Mildenhall, Rye House and they did IOW as well but not sure this year.