British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, Pieman72 said:

There are stadiums that want income the main element is there a track or has there been a track in the past. I'm sure there are Greyhound tracks that are suitable for Grasstrack bikes? This widens the scope of Stadium Racing?

I don't know where all these Grasstrackers are coming from for "Stadium Racing". One off meetings on Speedway tracks are well supported, but most Grasstrackers are weekend riders and can't or don't want to ride in the week.

There's a great 2 days of Grasstrack this weekend at Pencombe, Bromyard, Herefordshire HR7 4SL. Saturday 7th, British Championship for 250, 350 Solos and 500 Sidecars and 1000 Left Hand Sidecars. Sunday 8th, The Ledbury Flyer big open meeting for 500 Solos and 1000 Right Sidecars. Admission £15 each day or £25 for both days, Under 16s free. Camping available, Speedway GP being shown on Saturday. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Rich said:

I don't know where all these Grasstrackers are coming from for "Stadium Racing". One off meetings on Speedway tracks are well supported, but most Grasstrackers are weekend riders and can't or don't want to ride in the week.

There's a great 2 days of Grasstrack this weekend at Pencombe, Bromyard, Herefordshire HR7 4SL. Saturday 7th, British Championship for 250, 350 Solos and 500 Sidecars and 1000 Left Hand Sidecars. Sunday 8th, The Ledbury Flyer big open meeting for 500 Solos and 1000 Right Sidecars. Admission £15 each day or £25 for both days, Under 16s free. Camping available, Speedway GP being shown on Saturday. 

I wouldn't expect all riders to compete in the week as they have full time occupations but if this were to become popular it could help maintain and support the equipment and overheads. It must cost a small fortune to compete in the 500's. There are so few Grasstrack meetings that probably Stadium Racing can enable the opportunity to ride. Lets face it it's all hypothetical, please lets go racing.

Yes hopefully the weather will be kind. I'd encourage anyone with a motorcycle interest to go, superb venue overlooking the Black Mountains excellent line up for the 1000cc RH Sidecars and 500 Solo's and a perfect venue for the Grasstrack connoisseur with every class on display £25 for 2 days and 100 heats of racing. Good luck to everyone !!

Edited by Pieman72

Both meetings cancelled, track waterlogged 

3 hours ago, Rich said:

Both meetings cancelled, track waterlogged 

Yep really sorry for Sally and the organisers hopefully they can re stage.